“Stunningly Great Food”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Have to say this was probably the best meal we've ever had. Food is presented beautifully and the flavours were incredible. Menu choice is pretty restricted to choice of two dishes per course so we opted to choose one of each course to try everything. Starters were cheese souffle or salmon tartare both of which were superb. Mains were duck or rock turbot again both were brilliant.

Be warned though, you get what you pay for as it is very expensive at £65 per head but even at the price it was worth it.

We stayed in one of the rooms which was very comfortable, and we'll happily return.

2  Thank DiscoDon

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Went on the recommendation of friends and as we live some 100 miles away we stayed the night so will do the review in two sections.
Room and breakfast:- we stayed in the Artichoke Room, nicely decorated, small compact but adequate shower room with big fluffy towels. Two issues with the room, tv screen was tiny, but as your not in the room for long this wasn’t a big problem, secondly the sockets are in the skirting board which made it difficult to plug in the hairdryer, just an oversight I’m sure but had to use the socket by the window, so no mirror. Breakfast was fresh squeezed orange filled by prunes, soaked in earl gray tea and served on local yogurt, sausage, bacon, tomato, fried egg and wonderful stornoway black pudding. Filtered coffee and toast finished a lovely fresh breakfast.

Dinner was superb! Started with mull of Kintyre cheese soufflé delicious and husband had salmon, equally delicious. My main was duck and husband had turbot and again presentation and taste was amazing. We finished with cheese and biscuits and apple tart. This is actually very basic description as we also had an amuse buche a delightful little melt in the mouth biscuit, a velute very tasty, a sorbet which was a delicious palate cleanser . I’m really not doing this justice, so just go you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank 639liza
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

It was a couple of years, shamefully, since our last visit to Gordon’s and we couldn’t believe it when Maria remembered our names & that I was pregnant when we last visited (we were booked in under friend’s name). What a fabulous start to a fabulous stay.

The dinner menu is based on 21212 dining which you might think would be limiting but that never feels like the case. You can tell that the chef Garry takes a huge amount of pride in both the ingredients & their preparation.

Best fish I’ve tasted in a very long time and the pea veloute packed more flavour per spoon then any I’ve had before. I have a “few” dietary requirements and they are never a problem for Garry. I never feel that I am missing out on anything.

The restaurant is very tastefully decorated and you never feel too close to other diners.

We stayed overnight again on this visit in one of the beautifully decorated rooms. Very comfortable indeed. Breakfast the next morning was lovely as always. Best scrambled eggs I have ever had.

It’s hard to believe that the restaurant is run by only two people. The level of service and the standard of food would lead you to believe that there is a small army involved. A formidable family partnership.

I hope that the business continues to be the fine dining success that it is. It definitely won’t be so long before our next visit this time.

Many thanks Maria & Garry from Smithy & Tracey xx

1  Thank TAF_Aberdeen
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Set Menu great food and accommodating to my Vegetarian Wife the whole dining experience was second to none, Must be the finest dining experience in the area. small but cosy expensive but worth every penny, I cant wait to go back

2  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Gordons resturant with rooms one of the finest places we have had the pleasure to eat and stay.Very welcoming fabulous front of house and the finest food not cheap but worth every penny and you get what you pay for 10 out of 10

2  Thank Paul D