We spent two nights at the Parva Guesthouse and enjoyed a very pleasant stay. The room was comfortable and clean although the floor was annoyingly creaky but to be expected to a degree with a building this old! The bathroom was clean with a decent shower and plenty of hot water. My only little niggle was that the towels were on the small side. We were in room 3 which gave splendid views of the river and the valley. Breakfast was decent with very nice bacon in particular and we enjoyed a good meal in the restaurant on our second night. The hosts were very friendly and helpful, not too in-your-face but around when you needed them. Tintern itself is a good base for the attractions of the Wye Valley and plenty to see and do locally without even getting into the car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former 17thC stone farmhouse, one the banks of the River Wye close to Tintern Abbey, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Most bedrooms have spectacular views of the river/valley. Lounge/bar with honesty bar, chesterfield sofas, log burner and beamed ceiling. Delicious homemade meals served in our cosy, intimate Inglenook Restaurant accompanied with a selection of wines.Local walks include the Wye Valley Footpath, Offa's Dyke and many circular walks. Chepstow racecourse nearby, golf courses include St. Pierre and Celtic Manor. Castles to explore and the Forest of Dean with activities to suit all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Parva Farmhouse Riverside Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parva Farmhouse Riverside Hotel
- Parva Farmhouse Riverside Guesthouse Tintern, Wales