I stayed three nights.
Bed was comfortable.
Breakfast is good
Good Cheese Bread with Dinner
I could almost see the river, lying on the bed.
The views from all but 2 bedrooms are good and fairly tranquil
Resident dog is well behaved
Location is good...1 mile walk to The Abbey.
Historic Church next door.
Easy, and beautiful, drives to Hereford, Hay-On-Wye, Forest of Dean, Gloucester, Chepstow.
Access "road" is fairly narrow, and view of cars running on main road is poor.
Car parking is public, with no reserved places for the guest house. On some
days the last car in may not find parking!
Dinner is 3 courses for £21 A glass of wine £3.60
Dinner was quite good, but vegetables were not first rate (should be fresh and tasty)
I had apple and blackcurrant "crumble" which was very tasty, but probably not cooked
long enough, as I could distinctly taste the sugar, and the flour
Dinner, overall, a little bit too expensive for the quality.
Hairdryer was not strong enough
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former 17thC stone farmhouse, one the banks of the River Wye close to Tintern Abbey, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Most bedrooms have spectacular views of the river/valley. Lounge/bar with honesty bar, chesterfield sofas, log burner and beamed ceiling. Delicious homemade meals served in our cosy, intimate Inglenook Restaurant accompanied with a selection of wines.Local walks include the Wye Valley Footpath, Offa's Dyke and many circular walks. Chepstow racecourse nearby, golf courses include St. Pierre and Celtic Manor. Castles to explore and the Forest of Dean with activities to suit all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Parva Farmhouse Riverside Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parva Farmhouse Riverside Hotel
- Parva Farmhouse Riverside Guesthouse Tintern, Wales