Moira Guest House
Ranked #1 of 3 Moira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed here one night and it was a very good experience.

I was welcomed by a very nice young man and shown to my room straight away.

The room (a twin let as a single) was a very good size and tastefully decorated and the ensuite bathroom was also a good size with a choice of bath or shower. There was a well stocked hospitality tray (much better than you get in most hotels nowadays) and nice individual toiletries in the bathroom, also a hair drier and even a clothes de-fluffer!

There was a great choice of food for breakfast, served by pleasant and efficient staff - I was delighted that they were even able to rustle up some vegetarian sausages without notice!

The guesthouse is right in the centre of the village so supermarkets, take-aways and bars/resstaurants are very convenient. If you're coming from Belfast by public transport use the express bus rather than the train as it's a l-o-n-g uphill walk from the railway station.

Only one small complaint - the shower would be easier to use if it didn't have a plastic clip on it which prevents the head being lifted down to wash hair, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kabiven

Reviewed 8 October 2012

we stayed there for 2 nights the staff made us feel very welcome home from home.lovely clean rooms and everything you would ever need was provided for you . food was great.b&b was fully booked for most of my family who also were very happy with this lovely B&B.........

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim D
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I've never stayed in a guest house before, however, having heard from friends how wonderful a night away at this guest house is, I decided to try it for myself. I was so shocked when my boyfriend and I pulled up in front of a beautiful Georgian property situated right on the main street.

We were greated by a friendly Australian girl at check in who provided us with the perfect choice of restaurant and efficiently showed us to our room. The customer service I received throughout the stay was exceptional!

Rooms are extremely well laid out with all mod cons and superb tea/coffee facilities with added little treats. Bathrooms are very well equipped with great showers!

The breakfast was every bit as good as a high end 5 star hotel. Excellent choice of cooked breakfasts to suit all.

I have to say...this is a little gem of a place and I will definitly return!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SeaininBrennan
Philip T, Owner at Moira Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Glad you had a great stay with us and thanks for being so complimentary about all of the team. Come back soon...Phil and Gillian.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I personally called to book two friends into this guest house situated right in the middle of the village of Moira. This Victorian house has been completely renovated and retains many of the original features.

My friends arrived early on Tuesday morning and were shown immediately to their room although check in time was not until 3pm. They were warmly welcomed by Linda who was more than helpful during the two day stay. The bedroom was comfortable and tastefully furnished and the sleep quality was good.

Breakfast was served in a pleasant dining room overlooking the main street and provided an excellent selection from a full Irish breakfast to a continental selection. The residents lounge also overlooks the main street and is really comfortable with a real coal fire burning brightly.

Linda kindly laid on coffee, tea and superb Moira Bakery scones for ten of us late morning so that the guests could meet and talk with their friends in comfort. This guest house is really a home from home experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irvine G
Philip T, Owner at Moira Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon...Phil and Gillian

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and found it a relaxed, friendly and very welcoming hotel. I was made to feel very welcome, and loved the music playing during the day - reminded me of my travels around Oz (sorry to the resident Kiwi but it's meant as a compliment)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin B
Philip T, Owner at Moira Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thanks for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon..

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I used the B&B as a base for some business trips in the area and found it ideal. The rooms were of a good size and in a good condition. Wifi was free, which was a bonus.
Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Parking is outside, but I have been back a couple of times and not had a problem.....although during the day the free hours are limited.
I would certainly recommend it for both a business and holiday stopover.

Room Tip: I have been back twice and been in the same room at the rear of the B&B. This is away from the m...