“Wonderful guesthouse”
Review of Moira Guest House

Moira Guest House
Ranked #1 of 3 Moira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed in this Guest House for 2 nights when visiting for a funeral. I found that the manager and the whole staff were very caring and thoughtful. They made our stay very comfortable and they all tried to make us feel welcome. They provided super breakfasts ! We will go again !
H. Elsdon

Room Tip: Family room at front great!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I have stayed several nights recently and I cannot speak highly enough about the place. Friendly and extremely helpful staff, quietly and tastefully decorated I really thought it was great. Special mention must be made for the delicious breakfasts!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

..we stayed for only one night with my two small children under two and my mother at this guest house, but wished it was longer!! It was a great location, very handy to motorway and had a brilliant pub across the road that served fabulous food. The manager was excellent and couldn't do enough for us to make our stay more comfortable, they were very accommodating with the kids and we enjoyed a top quality breakfast in the morning. Rooms were of a very high standard and modern. Can't recommend this place highly enough 5stars!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I discovered this gem 4 months ago and have used it as my base when working in Northern Ireland. I cannot give the staff and management of this delightful guest house enough praise for the service and hospitality they provide. Moira Guest house is a charming Georgian building that is deceptively spacious and more of a hotel than a B&B. Representing great value for money, the rooms are tastefully appointed and kept immaculately clean. It is a true home from home and nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are friendly and afford a real Ulster welcome to their guests. My only regret, due to the hours I work, is that I have never eaten one of their legendary breakfasts which are the talk of the town. I would not hesitate to recommend the Moira Guest House to anyone who may be visiting this part of Northern Ireland. Whether you are here for business or pleasure try it out, you will not be disappointed. Digger Durkin, Leeds ,West Yorkshire

Room Tip: Choose any they all have their own character and individuality.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed here one night and it was a very good experience.

I was welcomed by a very nice young man and shown to my room straight away.

The room (a twin let as a single) was a very good size and tastefully decorated and the ensuite bathroom was also a good size with a choice of bath or shower. There was a well stocked hospitality tray (much better than you get in most hotels nowadays) and nice individual toiletries in the bathroom, also a hair drier and even a clothes de-fluffer!

There was a great choice of food for breakfast, served by pleasant and efficient staff - I was delighted that they were even able to rustle up some vegetarian sausages without notice!

The guesthouse is right in the centre of the village so supermarkets, take-aways and bars/resstaurants are very convenient. If you're coming from Belfast by public transport use the express bus rather than the train as it's a l-o-n-g uphill walk from the railway station.

Only one small complaint - the shower would be easier to use if it didn't have a plastic clip on it which prevents the head being lifted down to wash hair, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kabiven
Reviewed 8 October 2012

we stayed there for 2 nights the staff made us feel very welcome home from home.lovely clean rooms and everything you would ever need was provided for you . food was great.b&b was fully booked for most of my family who also were very happy with this lovely B&B.........

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim D
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I've never stayed in a guest house before, however, having heard from friends how wonderful a night away at this guest house is, I decided to try it for myself. I was so shocked when my boyfriend and I pulled up in front of a beautiful Georgian property situated right on the main street.

We were greated by a friendly Australian girl at check in who provided us with the perfect choice of restaurant and efficiently showed us to our room. The customer service I received throughout the stay was exceptional!

Rooms are extremely well laid out with all mod cons and superb tea/coffee facilities with added little treats. Bathrooms are very well equipped with great showers!

The breakfast was every bit as good as a high end 5 star hotel. Excellent choice of cooked breakfasts to suit all.

I have to say...this is a little gem of a place and I will definitly return!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SeaininBrennan
Philip T, Owner at Moira Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Glad you had a great stay with us and thanks for being so complimentary about all of the team. Come back soon...Phil and Gillian.

Been to Moira Guest House? Share your experiences!