“consistently terrible Indian food, will not be back”
Review of Masala Hut

Masala Hut
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Moira
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I'm amazed by the good reviews for this place, the curries are terrible!

I swore after 2 previous bad experiences where I got terrible curries that I would not go back, but in a moment of weakness I decided to give them one last chance, this time I definitely will not be going back.

I got a vindaloo, it was awful. Imagine a cup-a-soup, dyed brown with some chilli in it, that is what it tasted like.
I love Indian food and have eaten from lots of different Indian restaurants, this has to be the worst I've been to.
The decor inside is very nice and the place looks very professional, but the food is just awful. I think people who leave good reviews must be won-over by the premises and don't realise how bad the food is.
Will not be back

1  Thank Trav008
There are newer reviews for Masala Hut

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have taken food away from here a few times. It's OK...nothing bad but nothing spectacular. Each time I ordered a take away I found we had a long wait for food which was bog standard.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Been using the masala hut for the last three months and have to say it doesn't disappoint. Very good menu, food and value. Definitely the best Indian in the local area.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

So I was talked into giving the Masala Hut a second chance. I'm glad I did. The food was so fresh, piping hot and tasty. The service was excellent. We booked early as we were aware it got busy after 7 pm. I ordered the chat for starter and it was delicious. For main I orders the mixed bhuna and again it was to die for. The price was very acceptable at £10.95 for the Tuesday special. We were well impressed apart from one thing.
The whole meal was over in 40 minutes. That was from order to paying the bill. No sooner had we finished the poppadoms when we were handed our starter. Again no sooner had we finished that we were handed our main.
The staff were so quick there was smoke coming from their heels.
After the main we weren't offered any tea or coffee, they cleaned the table and brought the bill.
The whole meal was rushed and it was obvious they wanted us gone for the next sitting.
Such a shame!
I can't say I'll return for this reason only as everything was excellent.
Its the first I've had to finish my nan bread on the way to the car park.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Having been here before we decided to revisit Masala Hut. We enjoyed it just as much. There was a large party at one end of the restaurant and the waiter thoughtfully seated us at the opposite end. We had poppodoms to start and shared a main course and two sides. It was all very good and served promptly and the staff were friendly and helpful. This is somewhere that we would revisit.