“Consistently good”

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Moira
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Award Winning Butchery, Delicatessen & Cafe Bistro based in Moira Co.Down. Home of 2011 Great Taste Award Supreme Champion product Hand Made Corned Beef. Established over 140 years and run by the fifth & sixth generations of the McCartney family.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have been here many, many times and keep on coming back for more. Friendly staff and a wonderful menu means you are always in for a welcome breakfast/brunch/lunch in the stylish and cosy surroundings. It's impossible to visit without also being tempted to buy some treats from the deli and butchery counter, so bring some shopping bags when you visit - you won't be leaving empty handed!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Called in here again on Wed 28 May after buying the excellent sausages. We went for the Hot-Dog at £6.75. Boy was it good!!! Massive big McCartney Pork Sausage on a toasted large roll
It came with a few chips but we had ordered a side order of chips. All together at £16 it was one of my best ever meals!!!Great service + free BYO for wine or beer
Give yourself a real treat + try a hot-dog you will not be disappointed

2  Thank youngmanpeter
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely spot for breakfast.I agree with a previous reviewer that it is a little more expensive than some but the breakfast was great - in particular the sausages - and so was the tea. The service was very prompt and all the staff had good customer skills.Will return for lunch and would certainly recommend

2  Thank n1952
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I went with a friend to lunch in McCartney's of Moira just last week, it was very nice I had chicken gougons and chips for such a basic meal the service and presentation was lovely, they also serve a lovely pot of tea (and I do like my tea!). The ambiance is lovely and the counter is full of delights for those with a sweet tooth! the deli counter is hard to pass without buying something delicious to keep the memory alive when you get home. A lovely place to have lunch in with friends.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had seen the pop up restaurant nights pictures on McCartneys facebook page and they looked amazing. So we signed up for the supper club email list and managed to get a table booked for the spring evening.

we are so glad we did because the food was absolutely wonderful. So many delicious flavours. The salt n chilli squid to start was so flavoursome. My other half had the duck starter and it was also delicious.

For mains I had monkfish tail with the nicest girole potatoes I have ever had.

Dessert was an assiete of a raspberry cake, chocolate cake and a fruit tart. The cakes were a little sweet for our tastes.

The staff were so friendly and helpful throughout. Great value night for top quality food.