“Great stay in beautiful Riad”
Review of Riad Imourane

Riad Imourane
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tamraght
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We booked through Surf Star for surf lessons and yoga and we stayed in this beautiful riad for 2 weeks. The rooms are built around a nice patio with small swimming pool. On the roof there are several more terraces to relax and the yoga lessons were held on one of them with views on the sea and the mountains.
The rooms are simple but comfy and clean. Room cleaning is only on demand.
We enjoyed the diners very much. It was simple and good and almost all homemade (even the mayo). Only small comment is on the breakfast. I would have loved a little more variation (fruit, cereals, eggs).
The managers and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
The place has a good atmosphere and the guests mingle easily.
There is free internet access.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy01016
Jean Alain C, Propriétaire at Riad Imourane, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Hello!
Thank you for your opinion on our Riad. I have noted your comment about the breakfast and we'll make sure to fix that. Concerning the household, it is actually on request to reduce the environmental impact. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.
The team of Riad Imourane.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We spent a week in this riad during our surf lessons. The room and bathroom was not very big just enough to sleep and shower oneself. Not a problem as the house has several lounges and terraces to hang out including a huge rooftop. The patio is full of palm trees and flowers. Birds fly around and turtles crawl under your seat during the meals. Food was simple and healthy. Free access to computers 24/7. Friendly staff with enough knowledge of English to make things work.
The beach is 5 min walk away. People in the village are friendly. Good bus connection to Agadir in daytime. In anutshell - we had an excellent holiday there

Room Tip: The first floor is better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kria
Jean Alain C, Propriétaire at Riad Imourane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Hello! Thank you very much for your nice comment. Your opinion is very important to us and we read all your comments with interest. This is true, the bathrooms are a little narrow but unfortunately we can not push the walls;)
Anyway, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.
See you soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Since we paid nearly double of the internet rates (60 instead of 35 EUR for a double as stated in the Riad website), my rating is based on the price/quality ratio we received. I must point out I booked this place via 'Original Surf Morocco'. I don't really know who is to blame between the Riad management and the Surf camp. Probably both. We spent there 2 nights. Rented a surfboard for two mornings. Basically B&B plus renting a board, so no surf school, guiding etc which does not explain the double price. I was also charged 10 instead of 8 EUR per 1/2 day board rental and the final bill came with a mysterious 10% tax (which was obviously never mentioned before). Hence my title question: I was either ripped off or the Riad is overpriced (for the price I have been asked).
This said, the staff serving food was very friendly and for 35EUR for a double room the place is ok. As mentioned in an old review, mattresses are very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gomias

Hello!
Thank you for your comment but I want to clarify a few things. As mentioned in your comment, you have booked through an independent service provider who freely practice their prices. In Morocco, as everywhere in the world, prices are free, and providers are free to sell our rooms at the price they want in exchange for their service. I think you can understand that. In our case, our prices are fixed and clearly displayed on our website and on the booking confirmation we send to our customers. On the other hand, the "mysterious tax" of 10% you criticize is simply the VAT on hotel services. For our part, it is obviously included in our prices include VAT. We're just out for clarity as to any invoice.
To summarize, I'm sorry you seem to have paid too much but you have gone through a provider who freely practice its prices for the service rendered.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed at this beautiful riad on a surf camp package. Friendly hotel staff father and son especially the caretaker who gave 110% service...he very kindly lent me his hangers as the rooms don't have any! Riad offers the guests the choice of whether or not needing daily room service which I chose not to take advantage of to minimise environmental impact. The room was lovely, rustic yet felt a little luxirious with excellent hot shower. Continental breakfast was great, which included delicious morrocan bread, pain au chocolat and creamy tasty yogurts. But most of the evening dinners were a real let down...especially the over cooked inedible leathery chicken with watery reconstituted mushroom cream sauce and stale over cooked dry roast potatoes! Also they played very loud, tacky bump and grind music during dinner time which prevented rest, relaxation and sleep. All in all a lovely riad and staff but shame about the food and dinner time music.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms offer more privacy...the downstairs rooms are overlooked when sitting around the pool...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tanjaaln
Jean Alain C, Propriétaire at Riad Imourane, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Hello and thank you for your comment.
I have carefully read your comments. I note that despite some "inconvenience" to which you object, you had a good stay with us. Regarding meals, I am truly sorry that you did not like our dishes. However, since we have had excellent feedback on our kitchen, we can say that we serve quality food. In addition, the Directorate of Riad eats exactly the same meals as those served to guests to check every evening the quality of food. I said that all our dishes are "homemade" even sauces that are not "refurbished". The dish you mention is "turkey cream with roasted potatoes" It's a very good dish. Indeed, here, we serve dishes better than in most surf-camp. On the other hand, I said that our meals are € 7 (77dhs) (and even cheaper to surf schools) So, for that price, the price / quality ratio is unbeatable!
Finally, I inform you that we will continue, obviously, to put music during meals because the vast majority of customers are in favor. In all cases, when there is no music during dinner and some people complain when there are at, others plaingnent too. So we decided: there will be music every night for dinner.
PS: You say there is no Clothes hanger in the Riad. This is totally false. There are Clothes hanger at the reception but obviously, by contacting the parking attendant, you could not know.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Beautiful riad, the best place to stay, with your family or friends.
Good staff, good rooms and good food. It was better than I was expecting, thanks for everything, we had a great time there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gabriela V
Jean Alain C, Propriétaire at Riad Imourane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Hello. Thank you very much for your comment. We read your comments with interest. The whole team of Riad Imourane hope to see you very soon!
(We are still best at the time of your stay) ^ ^

Reviewed 2 January 2012

It is located in a small village 30 minutes by car from Agadir and 10 minutes walk to the beach. We stayed there as a package of a surf camp. We're quite happy with the location and the staff are quite friendly
However the riad is having major renovation as they are adding more rooms at the top floor, there had been NO hot water during my whole stay. Imagine how awful that it wasn't possible to take a hot shower at the end of December!!!
Also, the mattress was awful. We are not expecting a 5-star hotel mattress, but the mattress was so old that we could feel the wired and we had already back ace after the first night. Tried to ask the staff to do something but obviously nothing was done.

Room Tip: Do not stay there in the next couple of months as major renovations are being done.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZdeG
Jean Alain C, Propriétaire at Riad Imourane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Good morning. Thank you for your comment. Your opinion is important to us. I noted your comments and I want to make some clarifications. Indeed, we are just finishing expansion work on the top floor. We are in the finishing and I think, as do some painting during the day is not very annoying ... Then, for hot water, it is true that during your stay we had a problem with our hot water tank. In Morocco, everything is slow! Since your visit this problem is resolved and we made the necessary repairs. All our customers can take hot showers! Finally, regarding your problem of mattresses, I am very surprised by your remark that "of course, nothing was done." I do not know who you sent but I can tell you that I never leave a customer without reacting to the problem. I am disappointed that our efforts have not met you and it is with good heart I offer you a free night in our Riad when you pass by here.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

The hotel staff were friendly, the hotel was beautiful, and everything was taken care of very well. The sheets were changed, the security was well done, and the staff looked happy to be there. Well worth the journey from Marrakesh to this hotel. The beds were comfortable, and the shower did take a few minutes to get warm, however once it was warm it was very warm. the food at the hotel was delicious and well prepared.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank jmazr2

Good morning. Thank you for your comment. We are pleased that you liked our Riad. We hope to see you soon. cordially

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamraght
Ibis Budget Agadir
Ibis Agadir
Ibis Agadir
#34 of 78 in Agadir
Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa

Been to Riad Imourane? Share your experiences!