“best place on earth!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamraght
Moroccan Surf Adventures
Geneva, Switzerland
“best place on earth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

This was my first attempt at surfing ever and i couldnt have asked for a better experience. my flight didnt get in until 2 am and there was a driver waiting for me at the airport and i was greeted at the compound when we got in around 3 by Momo, one of my new favorite people on earth. the next day out in the surf Siad has us in the water and getting up on waves within the first hour! the meals at the compound are GOURMET and they even catered to my vegetarian diet which was most appreciated! nige was extremely accommodating and the rest of the staff at MSA are equally as down to earth and helpful. i also met a great group of surfers and we all hope to come back someday soon! i <3 MSA!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
, Owner at Moroccan Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Hey Sydneysurf, from what i hear the crew fell in love with you as you did with them. Sorry i was'nt there to see this blossoming relationship but I am sure we will meet one day in the near future.
Many thanks for visiting our shores.
Team MSA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I consider myself an intermediate surfer and saw that MSA offered surf guiding. Since I was traveling alone and I thought that this would be a good option. It takes the guessing out of where to go and how to get to the right spots. Plus, being a single female traveler, it gave me more confidence in the water to have a group of people than to be out there on my own.

MSA far exceeded my expectations. I read trip advisor ahead of time so I thought I knew what I was in for. Not true, it was better. Nigel, the guy everyone talks about is just as great as everyone says. A warm welcoming from all staff and even the driver from the airport. People rave about the food, really, how good could it really be? Amazing!

What haven't seen as much about are two things...the family atmosphere that can't be avoided and the quality of the surf lessons that they are providing.

Family:
Due to the greeting, you feel comfortable once you walk through the doors. Everyone introduces themselves and it's like you are old friends. This happens every time a new guest checks in. They are invited to sit down, have a beer, wine or water and everyone chills. This was one of the perks as I had imagined that I would have a lot of time to myself. If I wanted it, I could have, but it was so much more fun joining in with the group.

Surf Instructors:
I personally would never ask a friend who hasn't surfed to come on a surf trip, just doesn't seem right. I have now changed my view. I hung around these guys in the line up when they were teaching people how to surf. There were great. Not only were the guests up and riding, the instructors actually cared and worked hard. I even got a few tips along the way which was great. The difference between MSA instructors and the others...they were in the water helping their students and they had smaller groups. Other companies had about 20 students in the water with their boards, these students were only standing next to the board all day, not riding, not really trying, not really having fun because there was no encouragement.

There is no doubt, I will go back and I'll bring friends with me. I told the Chef, Mo this on my way out and he said so matter of factly..."of course you will, you're family now".

Aloha!

1 Thank DubaiHappytraveler
, Owner at Moroccan Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Hey Happy Traveller, as you are now part of the MSA family all i can add is welcome !
We often receive many solo travellers & the one thing we always guarantee is that you will be made to feel at home with us. This was for sure the case & was proven again as you are now one of our many cousins.
See you for the family reunion around xmas time.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Nige you were the perfect host- BANG TIDY!
Ish you were the perfect guide- BANG TIDY!
Mo you were the perfect chef- BANG TIDY!
Jamal you were always smiling- BANG TIDY!
Thanks so much all for a bang tidy holiday. So chilled and everything taken care of from start to finish on and off the water: Made to feel very at home and met lots of lovely people. Surf was ideal for the improver surfer. Hope to return- this place is the real deal.

1 Thank Richard W
, Owner at Moroccan Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
What more can i say, BANG TIDY !
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Surf level: beginner.
Right from when I began booking my first trip Denny and Nige went out of their way to accommodate me. I was late booking around the busiest time of the year and they juggled things to fit me in. Each day begins with a big breakfast of fruit, bread, eggs, yoghurt, cereal etc before loading up the boards, wetsuits, lunch etc. They cope with any allergies/food requirements without batting an eyelid. Each day finishes with a whole heap of Momo magic in the form of a 3 course sensory delight! Back to the surfing.....

There is no set place to go each day - they will just hunt down the waves that suit the group best. People are split into ability with 3 groups going out each day, in different directions, depending on a whole heap of stuff I don't even understand yet! But they do. The guides know the area so well and have secret spots they can source for those that can handle them. Even as a beginner I got to surf in several places which was great. I had a lot of bad habits to undo from only ever previously being brave enough to splash around in the white water and their patience kept me going until I could finally 'pop up' - wuhoo! Such an amazing feeling!

I started off travelling here alone because no UK friends surfed, but each time I visit I meet more wonderful people and we meet up to surf in the UK too. I can whole heartedly recommend this surf camp - for the waves, yes, even as a beginner I can see the range and variety - but the place and the people mean that when I return, it feels like I'm visiting friends and that's special. Said, Rachid Smiley, Rachid Nissan and Esham are both friendly and knowledgeable about surfing, passionate about helping you to take your surfing to the next level and will even teach you some arabic or berber! Great guys.

Nige, Denny and Momo make you feel nothing is too much trouble. Both Nige and Scotts patience talking me through pop ups for the hundredth time, complete with demonstrations on the house floor in the evenings or at breakfast time shows their dedication to helping their guests.

Oh and the 'camp' is an attractive and comfortable home from home with lots of areas to lounge and soak up the sun. Love this place....will go back again!

1 Thank fantasticfe
, Owner at Moroccan Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Hey Fantasticfe,
thanks for taking the time to write this review. Super pleased to see you had a great stay & improved your surfing skills even though it meant "doing the pop ups " time & time again on the terrace with our in house evening tutorial coach. We did originally warn you on your 1st trip with us that surfing would ruin your life & once bitten you would have the bug for life.
Seriously what i thought was most heart warming in your review is the comment you make about meeting up in the UK with our other guests who you didn't previously know. Surfing besides, this is what it's all about !!
Many thanks
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week in May. The surf is perfect at this time for beginners, with clean consistent waves at Devil's Rock beach to practise on. I've been surfing a few times before to no avail and thought that I was a lost cause, but by the end of the week I was standing up on every white wave I caught (whilst my boyfriend was out back riding like a pro already - git). This was no doubt down to the excellent local instructors we had, Said and Rachid Smiley, who gladly and tirelessly pushed me on every wave, day after day, until I finally got it. No one messes with Said, the General of Devil's Rock. If you're with him you can be sure that you're looked after.

As for the accommodation, we couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. Our room was spacious and clean and there was always hot water, tea and coffee in abundance. The hammocks on the terrace are a godsend after a day's surf, and Momo the chef is an absolute legend. Dinner is 3 courses, breakfast is substantial and lunch is brought to the beach for you. I decided to stay on an extra few days after our week to practise my surf and had many a night dancing and generally bantering with Momo and the boys downstairs in the kitchen. My boyfriend was very jealous...

Room Tip: They're all clean with really nice Moroccan decor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K Y
, Owner at Moroccan Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Hey KY,
thanks for taking the time to write this review. I must admit i am glad you didn't mention in your review, " Momo may i have more jelly ", sorry but couldn't help myself !
On a serious note it was so nice to hear you felt safe & secure in the hands of our chief instructor Said, the " General " when your boyfriend left you for more greener waves out the back. With the General & Rachid Smiley at your side & giving you their extensive knowledge, we knew it wouldn't be long before you were indeed hassling your boyfriend for set waves out on the back line.
Well done !
Many thanks.
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

If you're trying to decide on a place to stay in Morocco, look no further. Moroccan Surf Adventures was awesome! I went with my girlfriend and from the moment we got there, we felt at home. The owners, Denny and Nige are absolute gentlemen; they are friendly, entertaining and genuinely dedicated to making sure everyone is having a blast. Momo the chef is a gem; not only is his food is tasty and abundant but he is a great guy. The surfing was also great. There are a lot of different beaches nearby so surfers of all levels can really enjoy themselves. Furthermore, the coaches, were really easy going which was great for a beginner like myself. I definitely caught "the bug". In sum, everything about this place conspires to create a good time. Harmony is unavoidable. If you stay at Moroccan surf adventures you won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
dennybond, Owner at Moroccan Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Hey Cathal,
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I remember mentioning to you guys that surfing is contagious & you may get bitten by the bug, well what more can i say.. You have been well & truely bitten. Great work on sticking it out in the shallows, next trip you will be coming up the coast with the more experineced surfers.
Heres to Harmony !!
All the best Team MSA..
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Being totally 'Non Ocean' with a surfing husband and 12 year old daughter, i wasn't sure whether this would be a great holiday for me but i took the plunge anyway and tagged along. There was no way they were going to get a weeks worth of sun without me! I'm really glad I went and it was a great experience or all of us.

We were up and out every morning (after a rather large breakfast) and off to find the most suitable surf. My husband went off with the guys on a couple of mornings to the more challenging spots and our guide Sa'id spent so much quality time with us that my daughter referred to him as 'Pretend Dad'. I cannot sing his praises enough, or any of the staff at MSA for that matter who all made us feel really welcome.

This place has such a chilled vibe and after a hard days surf it was lovely to come back and hang in the hammocks on the terrace - as u can imagine i was exhausted from all the beach dwelling.

Lunch was sent with us to the beach consisting of salad & sandwiches etc, and a daily 3 course evening meal of delicious home cooked food (by the famous Momo mentioned in lots of these reviews) was just the thing to finish the day off.

Having gone into the experience not quite knowing what to expect, we are now in the process of arranging our next visit. Heres hoping to more of the same.

To Nige & team, thanks guys for making the family welcome.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank imshiYork
Hey Imshey York,
thanks for taking the time away from your lovely family to write this review.
How could you have even contemplated letting your surfing husband & daughter go on a trip without you. We are super pleased that you felt at home, your husband had the chance of heading up the coast to some more challenging waves & your daughter was looked after & caught some beginner waves by our in house Dad, the General, Said !
No more NON OCEAN !!
All the very best
Team MSA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamraght
Hyatt Place Taghazout Bay
Surf Maroc Taghazout Villa
Surf Maroc Taghazout Villa
#3 of 49 in Taghazout
Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort

Been to Moroccan Surf Adventures? Share your experiences!