“Garden had dog poo!”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Famillies, Muddy Boots & dogs with well behaved owners are all most welcome. Quality home-cooked food using Local Produce, served alongside Hall & Woodhouse's Distinctive cask-conditioned ales and superb wines accompanied by the warmest welcome.
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Came to this pub as we were camping nearby. The food was mediocre to say the least and the vegetarian option was awful. The garden had a huge pile opf dog poo in the corner and even though I complained it was not cleared up. I then overheard another customer at the bar saying they had been offered a free meal becausue last time they cam the garden was full of dog poo. The same pile perhaps! Plenty of better pubs in this area to eat at.

TheChuchillArms, Manager at The Churchill Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we value your feedback.
We apologise for you disappointing visit with us whilst camping nearby.
Our Pub is very dog friendly and as I have a 5 year old daughter the garden is cleared every morning after our own dog, but other owners are trusted do the same. As this was obviously not the case when you visited I would like to apologise. We are working very hard to keep on top of this as I do not want to stop my guests from bringing their own dogs with them. I would also like to say sorry that it was not cleared when you did complain as this should also have been done.
I would be very interested in any suggestions for Vegetarian choices as this is a particular weakness I would like to address.
Thank you once again for your opinions they are very important to us.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very friendly pub/restaurant, prices very good and food even better. This pub seems to be the heart of the village a very relaxing pub where you feel like you have visited before.

Will definitely revisit when in New Forest again. Land lady very friendly as was all the staff.

Lynn Redshaw, Newcastle

1  Thank lynn r
TheChuchillArms, Manager at The Churchill Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you Lynn for your positive response.
Your feedback is very important to us and we value your opinions.
Very glad you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you next time your in the area.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Just had the most relaxing holiday ever, we normally holiday in France or Italy. We decided to try a week of camping on the edge of the New Forest and stayed at a site between Sandleheath and Alderholt.
The owner of the campsite recommended we try the Churchill Arms in Alderholt and what a great evening we had. There was an evening of Morris dancers entertaining and it was brilliant. Originally we only went for a couple of drinks and we ended up eating there and staying all evening.
The food was homemade and was nice, reasonably priced too. I tried quite a few of the local ales from the ‘Badger Brewery’ the one I liked was ‘Tanglefoot’, a must try everyone but beware it’s stronger than you think!!
The staff of the Pub are very good and very helpful, allowing me and my friends tasters of the various ales. I wish more pubs would do that.
Needless to say, we had a few more evenings at the Churchill Arms, affectionately known to the locals as ‘The Church’!!
Thank you to the staff and the locals too… Loved it.

1  Thank Marco L
TheChuchillArms, Manager at The Churchill Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you very much for your review.
We are so happy that we contributed to your relaxing holiday.
Your positive comments are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

An enjoyable village pub, the staff are really friendly and polite. The Sunday carvery which started recently is very good and reasonably priced and is growing in popularity. The new management team look to be doing the right things and are always open to suggestions on how to improve the pub.
Finally, the pub is not a high end gastropub, but provides honest quality food and beer. the pub caters well for the local community and holiday makers alike, it's family friendly and dog friendly. Good honest food, good beer and good service.

1  Thank Ian G

Thank you very much for your review, your feedback is very important to us.
We at the Churchill are very glad that all the hard work that the staff put in is appreciated.
The staff always endeavour to make your visits enjoyable, and strive to continue to improve.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Today I dropped my parents and aunt ((265 years of age in total!) at this pub for lunch, while I busied off doing other bits. They had a lovely meal which was beautifully cooked, very reasonably priced and the service was cheerful. Furthermore, my Dad, a genuine D Day veteran, said the little 'taster', try before you buy, of the real ale that is on tap, was a real treat and reminded him of good old fashioned service.

Well done and thanks from us all.

1  Thank EVEGRAHAM

Thank you very much for review, your feed back is very important to us.
So very glad your parents and Aunt enjoyed their visit with us.
We hope they are able to visit more often, and hopefully your could join them next time