“Beautiful and ok”

Bananas Apartments
Deauville, France
“Beautiful and ok”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

+Very nice garden with pool.
+Cleaning 5 times a week.
+Very nice rooms.

-Owners dog swims in the pool and it seems to be OK. Well, I didn't like it so much.
-Thin walls. You hear very clearly when neighbours go to the toilet or if they are wake up all night, you're not going to sleep either.

Anyway, i would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abby269

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Bananas apartments was a wonderful find, it is in a great location, very close to ARASHI BEACH. I was there in December of 2010 and it was incredible. Aruba is a paradise, I feel that I left a piece of my heart there (tear). Great hospitality, we stated in the room which was at the front of the property (Type B)- this room felt pretty secluded from the owners home, whom of which were very hospitable. Although I didnt spend much time there, the time I did I felt very comfortable. The air-conditioner worked so well, we had to turn it off. I got badly burnt, spending too much time baking in the sun at BABY BEACH ( a must to visit there- absolutely stunning), and Tanika was there to help me, she cut a piece of one of her many growing aloe plants and I sat in my room healing.That night I stayed in and relaxed watching tv, lounging by the pool- it was a relaxing night. I highly recommend staying at Bananas as it will force you to see more of Aruba,the people who go to Aruba and just stay on the resort area beach are really missing out on the beauty of the island. It is important to rent a car because there here are many places to see. The one and only downfall which I found in Aruba was the selection of food. I found it difficult to find local/fresh meals. Although, there is a road side Colombian restaurant which serves homemade tamales, empanadas and sandwiches ( had the sandwich for breakfast). All in all if you stay there you will not be dissapointed, perfect for families and couples. Very romantic for couples. The only other downfall was the service, the first two nights we were there the room wasnt cleaned, nor was I expecting it to be. I thought that we would be at our own device. It was cleaned the third night and I was left a note to leave a tip. I found that a little strange but I didnt let that ruin my trip. I still think that the apartments are amazing and a steal. Enjoy yourself in ARUBA. I love Aruba!!

Room Tip: I stayed in "Type B"- it was a very nice room, but there are rooms where the balconies are...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank x0xJulietax0x
Midwest
Reviewed 17 May 2011

All we wanted was a small, quiet place to rest with hospitable hosts, and we found that here and more. The apartment also featured an extensive reading library. Having zircon only in the bedroom was a concern to us at first, but the small unit easily kept the apartment at a reasonable temp. Housekeeping was immaculate. Small issues were handled quickly and pleasantly. Parking can be a bit tight when full up, but we always had a spot. Two blocks from Malmok and not much farther to Arashi or Palm Beach.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank stranieri_divertenti
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Great hospitality from first second!The owners -Piter and Tanika created something unique.Place is so beautiful,so cozy,so friendly and relaxing that you actually must make yourself to go out...:)
Very clean apartment,lovely small garden with lizards,iguanas and birds.
Swimming pool is very big with attached jacuzzi,never busy,plenty of Chairs and palapas.

Just see pictures!
Or my slideshow on Youtube

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Momita
nj
Reviewed 17 September 2010

great owners, awesome place, quiet location, clean,high rise a mile and a nd a half away awesome beaches with in walking distance , safe area as is the island. cant wait to go back in the winter, thanx guys for the great work to make it our place

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank outside1
Isla de Margarita
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We are at present in one of the one bedroom apartments in "Bananas Apartments" in Malmok, Aruba.
We are quite happy with the accomodations and the pool and gardens are great!
Owners live on site and are freindly and helpful.
All units are one bedroom with a pull out sofa bed in the living/kitchen area.
Apartments are clean and kitchens, albeit small, are well equipped for preparing all your meals, which can be a real plus since restaurants are quite pricey. Wifi is available in the apartments as well as cable television and a.c.
A rental car is a good idea as the apartments are a bit off the beaten track but well within walking distance of several nice beaches (some with good snorkeling and others that are the kite and windsurf beaches) There is a small supermarket 15 minutes walk with most all of your cooking needs.
This is a very good, economical option to the big chain resorts not far away on the tourist strip.
A good choice for couples or couples with a child or two.
We will be back!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank info_posadamargarita
trinidad
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We had a very good time at these apartments, the kids loved the pool and jacuzzi.
The owner was very friendly, and the rooms were always cleaned.
We rented a car so it was easy going to and fro with all the activities to be done on the island.
I would recommend it to everyone, very affordable.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Aruba Sunset Beach Studios
Aruba Sunset Beach Studios
#1 of 6 in Malmok Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
La Dolce Vita Apartments
La Dolce Vita Apartments
#3 of 6 in Malmok Beach

Been to Bananas Apartments? Share your experiences!