What a great place!
We stayed at Banana’s in May 2013.
After a 50 minute ( scenic drive aka got lost) drive from the airport in our much needed rental car we arrived at Banana’s, Pleasantly surprised by the location. We got out of the car and walked through the gate where we were welcomed by Tien (Tineke the owner).
She showed us our apartment and told us immediately where to go for the better beaches and the best food in town and where to shop for groceries (Super Foods by the low rise beaches). The apartment is clean and bigger than we anticipated. A/C in the bedroom. Our little patio was steps away from the pool. A little kitchen with all that you need. The cleaning lady will do your dishes every day, along with a good cleaning of the apartment. A table to dine or play cards outside of every unit. The pool is not huge but very nice to cool off because the temperature is hot and humid. The wind is your friend, except if you have short dresses. Around the pool an extravaganza of flora and fauna with nice furniture with big wooden umbrellas to get some shade. The beaches are minutes away from Banana’s. The better beaches were Catalina Beach (by car 40 seconds) and Arasi beach (1 min 35). Both beaches are Great for snorkeling and scuba diving or just to relax on the white sand. A local will rent you beach chairs for $5.00 per chair.
To avoid getting lost from the airport, get directions to the California Lighthouse. It is about 3 minutes before the Lighthouse.
After all it was a great stay at Banana’s, We already booked for next year!!!
Some important points:
Island time ;)
Rent a Jeep or you will have to pay for ATV /excursion to the Natural pools etc, otherwise car is fine.
Get good sunscreen (50+)and use it.
Get mosquito repellent , even during the day, but not necessary at the beach.
Don’t over pack , really do not over pack! (Bathing suits, hat, shorts, tank top, flip flops etc)
Get a good quality snorkel set.
On your return, make sure you do have 3 hours at the airport, as that is where you go through US customs (for US bound travelers).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bananas is located in a friendly and quiet aria, with a pool surrounded by a tropical garden in the area of malmok beach, close to Boca Catalina and Arashi beach, perfect places to snorkel and relax on the beach..We hope to see you soon at BANANAS apartments, ARUBA (one happy island).Your host's ; Ton and Angelique, Peter and Tineke ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Bananas Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananas Apartments Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bananas Apartments Aruba/Malmok Beach