“Fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ferryland
Celtic Rendezvous Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferryland
Reviewed 10 July 2006

We stayed in one of the "efficiency units" because the cottages were fully booked and I was surprised at how much room we had (we were only two people). The units appear to have been constructed only recently, and were spotless. The view from the deck was breathtaking- we went on a whale spotting tour but didn't see any whales until we came back to Celtic Rendezvous and saw them frisking about in the bay! I would say this location is great for both couples and families- it's a lovely quiet retreat and even though children were here, we didn't hear a peep from any direction. Everything you would need is here, though I would recommend doing a grocery run in St John's as there is not much within a half hour drive aside from convenience stores. Celtic Rendezvous is beautifully situated-- near the East Coast trail, Captain's Table (a good local restaurant) and other attractions on the Irish Loop. I'd go back right away if I could!

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank Ottawa_traveler_74

Reviewed 26 August 2005

This was our first trip to Newfoundland and having survived the ferry ride ( high winds made for a very unpleasant night crossing) we made the drive across Newfoundland to Tors Cove. I cannot say enough about the facilities or the staff at Celtic Rendezvous Cottages. We checked in at the office which is also home to their small cafe and grocery store. We noticed immediately that everything was immaculate, not just ok, but practically shiny clean. Having the store that close was very convenient for the items we sometimes forgot from the larger groceries and their large selection of foods was nice too.
The staff was so friendly and accommodating. They shared recipes for traditional Newfoundland food, suggested boat tours and were even going to fix us a traditional jiggs dinner, but our time ran out. Genuine friendliness we found to be the rule, not the exception both at the Cottages as well as Newfoundland in general.
The cabin was amazing! Spotlessly clean, well equipped with kitchen appliances and amenities, and the single most beautiful view from the large living room windows, that I have ever seen. Period. The large front deck on the cottages overlooks the bay and bird sanctuaries and although we were too early for the whales, late May, we saw so much wildlife, water and beautiful sunrise/sunsets, we barely missed them.
Beside our cabin sat the barbeque hut, a large building with several gas grills and picnic tables with large easy open windows to enjoy the fresh sea air and sounds while grilling your evening meal.
For me these cabins provided a spectacular place to enjoy my family, cook scrumptious meals, behold nature in it's most pristine, unspoiled glory, ponder things of an eternal nature and enjoy the company of the most sincere, kind people I have ever met: Newfoundlanders.

12  Thank locustwoodfarm

Been to Celtic Rendezvous Cottages? Share your experiences!