“This place is fantastic”
Review of Moorea Surf Inn

Moorea Surf Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Haapiti B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed a week here, could have stayed a month. The place is beautiful; elevated rooms that connect to the kitchen. Tama and Marie were very helpful when exploring the island when the surf was down, and when it came up you've got several amazing reef passes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gmyhre
There are newer reviews for Moorea Surf Inn

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We wanted to stay there just 3 nights but were there another 2 nights. Tama picked us up at the Harbour. Tama, Marie and Tahaeti are a wonderful Family. The rooms are very nice and super clean. The breakfast is so delicious! Fresh fruits, Baguette, Juices, Yoghurt and and and! Its a 20 sec walk to the ocean and you can hire Kayaks for free. They know the Island very well and are more than happy to answer your questions.

Tama and Marie, we really hope to come back next year! Martina already misses Coiffeur Marie and the "tresse Egyptienne" :)

Take care XX

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

If you are looking for a surf guide on Moorea you have come to the right place. Tama can arrange pickup from resorts on the island and offer a great days surfing for a very reasonable rate. Looking forward to returning for another trip soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nigel P
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great week stay with Tama and his family. Good location to surf Haapiti. Clean and cute B and B with excellent meals prepared by Tama and his wife. It was a true family stay and I got to learn and experience more of Tahitian culture by staying here with them. Highly recommended and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I can't actually back up the statement in the title because I've never been out with any other surf guides in Moorea but what i can say is that Tama's service would be hard to beat. He picked me up from my hotel (over the other side of the island), provided a delicious breakfast, got me out to some fun waves and dropped me home again afterwards, with a cold beer for the ride.
Wish i could've stayed at Tama and Marie's B&B but with a heavily pregnant missus accompanying me the fancy resorts on the other side of the island beckoned. Still, if i return to Moorea i'll definitely be staying at Tama's place. It's basic but has everything any surfer needs (and i think most surf widows would enjoy it too).
I should mention that it's quite pricey (like most things in Moorea) if you're staying on the other side of the island, as i was (pick up and drop off are an additional expense to the boat transfer to the waves), so if you want to surf everyday you're best bet is to stay at Tama's B&B (or take out a second mortgage).
That said, i was short by 1000 francs and my key card decided not to work in the cash machine and Tama was really cool about it. He just said he'd shoot me his PayPal details and that i could fix him up when i got home (which you still haven't done Tama - email me!).
All in all, I'd have no hesitation recommending both the B&B and Tama's surf guiding. Yew!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My husband and I didn't stay at the bed and breakfast- we had already booked something elsewhere- but had heard about Tama as a surf guide. He was fantastic. His b&b looked cute, and was right on the water. He picked us up at our hotel and took us to his boat, where he drove us out to the break to surf. He was very knowledgable about the area, and we ended up using him as a guide for a hike and drive around the island. The experience felt less touristy and more authentic than many of the large guided tours that other people were doing. I highly recommend Tama, if we ever make it back to moorea, he would be the first person I call. He was very accommodating and nice. Thanks for a great time Tama!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I are on a 6.5 month around the world surfing honeymoon and we chose to stay with Moorea Surf B&B for the entire 2.5 weeks we were in Tahiti. Tama and his wife Marie are great hosts, we loved our little private room, the breakfasts were absolutely amazing, the surfing is world class, we loved cooking our own meals in their large kitchen, we made full use of the cruiser bikes and kayaks, the sunsets are amazing and overall we had the best time ever. When we come back to Moorea we will be sure to stay with Moorea Surf B&B again. If you want to read more about our time in Moorea check out our blog post http://www.foxyandthefox.com/2013/06/surfing-moorea-loving-tahiti/. Thanks Tama, you guys are the best!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haapiti
Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea
Hotel Hibiscus
Hotel Hibiscus
#2 of 2 in Papetoai
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Been to Moorea Surf Inn? Share your experiences!