“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Haapiti B&B and Inns
Panama City, Panama
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Highly recommend to stay at Moorea Surf Bed and Breakfast, location/price is great plus Tama is such a great host. We took the tour around Moorea and he showed us around beautiful sceneries around the island.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephanie_castagnet
Dear Stephanie,

ia orana!
Espero que estés bien.
We just wanted to thank you for your feedback.
It's always useful for the community and very encouraging for us.
It was a pleasure to have you stay at our lodge and do the island tour with you the other day.
We're looking forward to having you stay at our lodge again because there's more to see and do.
Mauruuru & mauruuru roa.
Atentamente,

Tama @ MSBnB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have been in Moorea just in order to surf. Have stayed in Moorea Surf was great .The Haapiti waves are nearby and it is easy to reach the waves by boat, if you not a surfer or just waiting for the next swell you can ride a bike around the island, paddling a kayak or pirogue, snorkeling or do others activities that Tama can organize for you. . I was very well attended by Tama, a very helpful and considerate person always willing to help you Certainly if you are looking for a place to stay near the Haapiti waves that is the place.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank nenosalvador
Olá Neno!
Tudo bem?
We'd just like to thank you for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor.
And thank you for your advise to the travellers too.
Ter um bom ;-)
Cumprimentos,

Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My girlfriend and i traveled to Moorea in March/April 2013. We didn't stayed at Moorea Surf Bed and Breakfast, but we did go to surf Haapiti and other breaks with Tama.

Tama always seems to care for their guests, and are the kind of easy going person.

Marie, his wife, is always with a smile and like to interact with other people.

I have to say they are very cool.

Didn't stay there, but i saw the place and really recommend for those who want the really "Tahitian feeling".

Thanks Tama, have a Hinano Ambree my brother!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Christian,

ia orana and thank you for your glowing review.
Indeed, Marie has the knack of making guests feel like they're part of the family.
For us, this is what it's all about ; make our guests feel like they're at home.
Chegam como estranhos saem como amigos.
Muito Obrigado meu irmão.
And thank you for the Hinano Ambre too. ;-)
Best,

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Moorea Surf Lodge. I worried beforehand that it was a place only for surfers - it's not, or that it was a place designed for the under 30s - it's not. You need to know what sort of place you are going to; shared bathrooms, lovely quiet location etc but the other reviews have good descriptions that I am not going to repeat so read them too. I was made to feel most welcome and looked after beautifully by Tama and his family whilst there and made to feel at home. The place is clean and well designed and has a nice easy feel to it. I was only there for one night but managed to pack in an island tour, lagoon trip and walk all organised at short notice by Tama and when I wasn't doing that I found myself snorkelling, kayaking or out on a bicycle (the latter activities all for free), there are also nice places to sit and relax, admire the view and watch the sunsets. If I was to stay there longer (and I wouldn't hesitate to go back), I might want to consider hiring a moped or car for some of the time (Tama will help you do that), but during my short stay I was treated royally and taken around by the family. This is the sort of place I was really pleased to support, good people, there to help and make your stay enjoyable.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank IHall1
Dear Ingrid,

ia orana!
Hope you're doing great.
Thank you for spending your time to give your feedback and your advise to the community.
Hope it will help other globetrotters like you. ;-)
We're glad you've enjoyed your stay with us.
Too bad you only had that much time in Moorea.
Anyway, this is a good reason to come back again one day soon.
There's so much more to see and do in Beautiful Moorea!
Take care. ☮
Warmest Regards,

australia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Last month I spent 5 days at Moorea Surf. I arrived by ferry from Papeete, followed by le truck from the wharf. The driver advised me were to get off, and I only had to cross the road. I was welcomed by Tama, the owner, who spend some time showing me around the accommodation, which consists of one building with two double rooms and two dormitories with 4 bunk beds in each room, one for women the other for men. The rooms, as well as the two share bathrooms, are all very clean and well maintained. There is a share kitchen, with dining tables, chairs, fridges, stove,. oven, cupboards with crockery, cutlery, dish washing machine, water kettle. There is a lounge with tv and quite some interesting books on the shelves. Breakfast is included: baguette, butter, jams, fruit, juice, coffee, tea. There are push bikes and kayaks available for free. I used both and had a great time doing so. There is a supermarket about a 10 minutes' walk away. There are eateries and roulottes further afield. Vaiane is a quiet location, which is great for relaxing. Both Tama and his wife Marie were lovely hosts, making sure everyone was ok. There is a laundry service available and tours or transfers can be arranged. During my stay I had the dormitory to myself. The other guests were all friendly too and we all got on very well and did some activities together. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone who enjoys staying in a homely place, where one can just relax or get busy kayaking, bike riding, walking.
Mauruuru Marie, Tama et Tahiiti.

Shiri
Sydney, Australia

Room Tip: The dormitory for four people was fine.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mmshiri
Tama P, Gérant at Moorea Surf Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Shiri,

Thank you for chosing to stay at our place when you were visiting Moorea.
We're glad you've enjoyed your stay at our place.
Thank you for your nice review too and sorry for slow response.
Anyway, it will surely help some travellers.
Take care.
All the Best,

Edinburgh, UK
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were on a round-the-world trip on a fairly strict but reasonable budget. We knew that French Polynesia was expensive but had little choice but to come here if we were to see Easter Island. Most hotels were way out of our price range so were delighted to find somewhere cheap with good reviews and so we decided to book for 4 days.

The first thing I noticed was that this was more of a hostel than a B&B (I think we had the only private room). The room itself was very basic, which was fine for us although the curtains were way too thin and I hadn't realised there would be a shared bathroom.

The biggest problem is the location. We arrived around 12 to find out there was nowhere to eat anywhere nearby with the exception of the general store 1 km away - and that was closed until 2! The choice extends a bit in the evening - a food van opens up 10 minutes walk away, you can cook your own or the owners will cook you a very nice meal. The last option is by far the best!

There isn't a lot to do nearby either. You have pretty good snorkelling right in front but that's it, so we rented a scooter for two days to tour the island.

The biggest plus here are the owners who were very helpful and prepared a delicious breakfast (included) and dinner (extra).

Overall, I think French Polynesia is best avoided unless your budget stretches to $400+ per day or you are a keen surfer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tama P, Gérant at Moorea Surf Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Willgo,

ia orana and thank you for chosing our place while you were visiting Moorea.
Thanks for your review too and sorry for slow reply.
Indeed, our lodge is located in the country part of the island.
And this is actually one of the reason why most travellers enjoy their stay here.
If you had wished for a busier place to stay, then you didn't pick up the right place.
Anyway, we wish you all the best.
Travel safe!
Islands Regards,

Tama @ MSBnB \m/
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed a week here, could have stayed a month. The place is beautiful; elevated rooms that connect to the kitchen. Tama and Marie were very helpful when exploring the island when the surf was down, and when it came up you've got several amazing reef passes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gmyhre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haapiti
Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea
#4 of 4 in Maharepa
Manava Suite Resort Tahiti
InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Been to Moorea Surf Inn? Share your experiences!