“Lovely House with Stunning Views in the Piedmont”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trezzo Tinella
Cascina Bricchetto Langhe
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Cascina Bricchetto is a lovely house on a hill top in a beautiful, rural part of Italy. The house overlooks vineyards and the views are magnificent. On a clear day you can see the Alps in the distance. The spacious house is practically brand new with hard wood floors, modern appliances, a fireplace, comfortable furniture and good lighting for reading. The location is ideal for those who want easy access to attractions in the area, particularly wine-- related attractions, such as various wine museums and the towns of Barolo and Barbaresco, but who don't want to stay in a city. There are numerous excellent restaurants with well priced local wines within a short drive from the Cascina. The charming, gracious proprietor Giovanna is very helpful in providing advice about places to visit and is very knowledgeable about restaurants in the area and is always available to make reservations at restaurants and wineries.

It would be difficult to overstate the unspoiled beauty of this part of Italy and amazingly there were few tourists in the area which made our visit that much more enjoyable. (We were there at the end of April.) In contrast, other places we visited, such as Lucca in Tuscany and Bellagio on Lake Como, while very charming were already packed with tourists.

One caveat: The splendid isolation of and spectacular views from the Cascina Bricchetto don't just magically appear; you have to get up there which involves navigating a fairly steep, narrow, winding road to the top of the hill. The drive was a bit daunting at first but we quickly got used to it and in a week's stay there we never encountered another car on that road.

Very highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
JoyLanghe_Piedmont, Owner at Cascina Bricchetto Langhe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear guests ... in the past,

by reordering our page on TripAdvisor I re-read what you wrote about your stay at Cascina Bricchetto Langhe. Thank you very much, I was very pleased.
I take this opportunity to send you some information about the changes introduced recently:
a. renovation of the "Portico" in which there are also two covered terraces, one overlooking the south and the other facing east, are furnished with tables - chairs - armchairs ... are perfect for dining, reading and enjoying playing a splendid panorama and perhaps "keep an eye" while the kids are in the playground there before;
b. new website cascinabricchetto (I'd really like to know your opinion), please write to me?
c. facebook page Agriturismo Cascina Bricchetto to be updated on what is happening here with us;
d. UNESCO has entered, our territory in the "World Heritage", celebrating the award that includes the Langhe-Roero Monferrato-offering special activities to be undertaken during the stay in three different areas, soon presentation on our website,

e. we are organizing new activities alongside the usual (wines tasting, cooking classes, excursions) you naturalistic and artistic presentation soon on our website.

I hope that you will return to experience our hospitality in person and maybe whatever else you want to do / see in our beautiful Langhe.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We were two couples and spent five nights in the Ca Dra Topia at the end of May. The description of the property was accurate, the photos don't do the apartment and the scenery justice (it's even better), and it was spotless.

The apartment itself was spacious, very comfortable and well appointed. It was a fine place to relax in the morning and before and after dinner. The panoramic views of the Alps and countryside were stunning.

Giovanna was a wonderful hostess. She had suggestions for dinners and made reservations for us - she knew almost all the restaurants within a reasonable drive. We were looking for places serving local fare with good wine lists, and we were quite pleased with her choices. She also set up tastings for us at a winery in Barolo and one in Barbaresco, and based on our experiences there, I wouldn't hesitate to have her set one up for every day.

Her recommendations for scenic towns and castles were also spot on. One thing about the Langhe region is that often there are not a lot of east-west roads, so to get from one place to another requires traveling north or south a ways, through beautiful countryside, darn - bring your cameras! We came upon some of the most beautiful views when we got temporarily lost.

The home is a great place to get away and let the everyday stresses slip away. I highly recommend it, would stay there again, and hope to return.

John Minock
Ann Arbor, Michigan

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Four of us (two couples) stayed in Ca der Forn for 5 nights in early May 2013 and we loved every moment of it! Ms. Oliveri was an amazing hostess for many reasons. My first contact with her was via email when I requested the dates we wanted to stay at her Cascina. A guest was leaving the day we were arriving and she was able to accommodate us quickly into the spotlessly clean and welcoming house. Two bottles of local wine sat in the kitchen to greet us and we were not disappointed, they were both outstanding! I had asked Ms. Oliveri about a local festival that I wanted to attend but the date of it had already passed but she was quick to recommend two other local festivals. She was an extremely helpful source of information and always there to respond to anything we needed. We cooked dinner a few nights in the house and the kitchen has everything you would ever need to prepare anything you would want. The views from this property are literally breath-taking. I woke up one morning to the site of the majestic Alps in the distance and quickly took pictures like an excited child. Each evening at sunset, we sat on our private outside balcony sipping wine and thought how lucky we were to have found this serene spot in Piemonte. We spent our entire last day on the property and were so glad we did as this gave us the chance to truly soak in all the comforts of this home away from home. We would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We spent a beautiful week in this gorgeous house in April 2013. We are a Swiss family with two kids (3 & 6 years) travelling together with the grandparents. The generosity and the warm welcome of the owner was overwhelming. Giovanna is the perfect host who knows good restaurants, wines, places to go. The House was very clean, spacious and very well appointed – you will find everything you need (towels, blankets, kitchen fitting) – this makes your stay perfect from the first minute on. Upon request she has also shared her homemade products with us – just perfect. The house lies on the top of a hill in the middle of vineyards. The view over the hills of the Piedmont towards the Alps is breath-taking. Located near the beautiful city Alba other famous cities are in the vicinity (Asti, Barolo, …). We would warmly recommend this house to all who would like to spend unforgettable moments in the middle of the piemonte in in quiet and beautiful environment. Children are felt very welcome. We will be back

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 December 2012

The evening the four of us arrived at Giovanna`s place, I cut my hand between thumb and second finger when the handle of my heavy suitcase snapped. Giovanna immediately took her car and drove me (with my wife) at the Alba`s Hospital, where I was taken care of at the ER and got a few stitches. On the same trip, she accompanied us to get pastry at some special shop in Neive, to celebrate Lynda`s birthday. That describes the relationship that Giovanna has with her customers.

While talking, Giovanna expressed her frustration about a review some of her guests had just posted on Trip Advisor. Upon reading it, I felt truly in awe at the utter sanctimoniousness of what was written and promised myself to reply, with few notes, to the only negative review (upon 31 positive) Giovanna had got. Though, on second thought, these frequent visitors of Italy would not deserve much of a comment. Apparently, the old man in the company (God bless him) was peeing while standing, lost his balance and had to put his hand, greasy for some ointment or cream, on the wall, leaving a mark. As the fellow says, the wall was not treated with waterproof paint, but that`s not a cause for shocked astonishment. In Italy, walls of old houses are thick and it`s sensible to use paints that let them breathe and transpire, not to mention the obnoxious chemicals contained in those paints. And, it is certainly not a reason to organize such a retaliation and create a spurious drama out of simple things of life.

Giovanna has replied to all the points already, but let me add that anyone who visits Italy and doesn`t want to just stay on the main tourist track of Rome, Florence and Venice while traveling in autostrade, has to deal with tortuous and narrow roads that sometimes are terrifying, like in Liguria or Sicily. The geography of Italy (as big as Colorado but with 55 millions people living there against 5 millions) is complex, with mountains, hills, lakes, rivers and what else, with the most beautiful locations still built around a medioeval center. The charming Langhe territory has its share of narrow, winding roads, but then the dirt road that goes to Cascina Brichetto is just a pretty normal, fine road that one can drive even in the middle of the night without concern (unless if affected by some nerve problem), since all cars are provided with lights. Hairpin bends? Living on the edge? What a drama queen story.

Well, we had a fine and fun time at Cascina Brichetto. The house is great, but the surroundings are even better. The view is spectacular, if you walk up (for just a minute) to the small hill top on the side of the house, you`ll be among fruit trees newly planted, in complete silence and the unique landscape of Langhe displayed under your eyes. And, by the way, I sat once just out of the parking place, to read a book and take some sun...it is not `dingy` at all, it`s just nature...unless you are disturbed if the wind blows a few leaves on you....you know, some people have a panic dread of nature....they would scrub it clean, cover it up with tiles, coat it up with waterproof paint and wrap the whole thing in self-righteousness...It was nice, instead, to come back in late afternoon or in the evening and be in such a good natural place to stay....you could see and feel that the place was renewed and put together again with passion and hard work, making a top notch job while preserving the sense and feel of an old cascina...

Anyway, that how it was for us...Langhe is a really unique place, because of the territory and, of course, for food and wine. Our best experience for food was at `Il Camino` in Bossolasco, which is in Alta Langa, about half an hour drive from Trezzo Tinella. We visited a few wineries, but we loved Roagna, in Barbaresco.

Our best to whoever will stay at Cascina Brichetto and to whoever will visit Italy. If you are a traveler and not a tourist, you`ll need the right attitude to enjoy this unique country. And, please, do not bother is you have to drive a few minutes away in order to keep our beautiful country clean.

Enzo

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EnZhu
JoyLanghe_Piedmont, Proprietario at Cascina Bricchetto Langhe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

d. UNESCO has entered our territory in the "World Heritage".

I hope that you will return to experience our hospitality in person and maybe even a Cooking class, a new wine tasting tour ... and whatever else you want to do / see in our beautiful Langhe.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Yes, Cascina Bricchetto is in a remote location, but we were aware of this before booking. We found the remoteness of the location to be no big deal and, in fact, found the panaramic views from the property to be amazing. Our apartment, La Torre, was spotless and left nothing to be desired. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and a bowl of grapes fresh from the vineyard upon our arrival. The four of us are wine "aficionados" and so had asked Giovanna to set us up with some wine tastings in the area. Her selection of wineries and the appointments she made were amazing. We sat with vintners and their families tasting the fruits of their labor and enjoyed their company, as well. Our only suggestion to Giovanna would be to have better maps and directions to places in the surrounding areas. As newcomers to Piedmont, it was a little bit challenging getting around. Other than that, our only regret was not being able to extend our stay beyond our 3 day reservation. There is so much to do and see in the Piedmont area, especially if you are into wines as we are. Even an entire week would not have been enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I travel a lot and I almost never write reviews, but I couldn't resist in this case because it was sucha great experience. This property is amzing. It's certanly tucked away and accesed by narrow roads, but my GPS took me right to it with no problems. And once I had done it, it was even easy at night. The remoteness of the place is part of it's charm in my opinion. When I arrived, I couldnt believe my eyes. The facility is clean and new and beautiful, situated atop a hill overlooking gorgeous vinyards and farm houses in all directions. I sent pictures to my friends while staying there and they literally didn't believe that I took the shots! That's how amazing it is. It looks like it came from a book or a movie. While the property itself is fantastic, the owner, Giovanna, is even better. She's sweet as can be, knowledgable about the area, speaks very good english and truly cares about her guests. I could not imagine a better host. After learning what I was looking for, she even referred me to her local favorite restaurant and called the owner/chef for me. They were able to fit me in on a busy night because of that call. It was an incredible experience, immersed in local flavor. Just the sort of thing you hope to stumble upon but rarely do. Besides her great taste, salso keeps the place immaculate. This has not been my experience at most other places I've staye\d in Italy, so it stands out to me. All in all, just a perfect experience that could only be improved by staying longer. I love Cascina Bricchetto and I love Giovanna even more :)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. I'd suggest that you with Giovanna in advance since the place is sor...