“Enter at your own risk”

Hotel Krishna Palace
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Faizabad
Reviewed 30 May 2014

As a business traveler i spend 15 nights in hotels across the country. I expect a conducive sleeping environment at hotel.
writing this review from room # 403. room is big enough to be cooled by an old AC. Told the staff that AC is not working. They came and asked me to put my hand in front of blower and told me to feel the coolness. Reception says that the temperature is so high (The max temp was 39 degree as per the website http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/Faizabad/forecasts/latest on 31.05.2014. and i am writing this at 1 AM and temperature must be far below 30 degree.)
They told us that this is the best cooling they can provide.
The waiter came to clean the room after our dinner and stood there for 5 minutes waiting for a tip to be paid to him. We were so upset to pay a tip. But he refused to go out without having some amount as tip.
The ACs will not work in case of power cut and the room seems like an oven.
Overall its better to go back to lucknow and come back next day. Come here with no expectation and consider this as last option. They have charged Rs. 2000/- for a superior room. Going back to lucknow and coming again next day would have costed me same. 250 KM to and fro @ Rs. 8/- per KM in a Taxi.
Pray for my sleep so i can do my business next day.
Amen!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ashishpanday

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been reading some of the other reviews and have difficulty believing it is the same hotel . We stayed at the hotel Krishna palace hotel Faizabad last december . The reception area was smart and airy with the staff being helpful and friendly . . As the cheaper rooms were all booked we excepted a better room at 1800irs . It was a large , big enough to take a stroll around , it was clean , comfortable and everything worked .All in all a most enjoyable stay and can recommend it .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonaldC3
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at Krishna Palace while visiting Ayodhya. Unfortunately there are no better hotels in Faizabad so we chose this hotel. Very bad experience overall. The atmosphere is dark, gloomy and unprofessional. However, the front desk staff were friendly and nice but the waiters and housekeeping staff stared at us, seemed confused and were unwelcoming. The room was full of mosquitoes and it seemed it was not cleaned prior to our arrival. We spoke with the travel manager who spoke with the manager after which the room was cleaned. Bathroom was terrible - no hot water (repaired after we complained). Overall, this hotel cannot be called a "palace". It is more like a motel (rating 1/5).

Room Tip: Specifically ask hotel staff to clean your room before arrival to avoid bad impression.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RavineshD
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was passing through Faizabad November 12th 2013 and had a friend book me into the Krishna Palace for a 3 night stopover. It seemed the only decent looking hotel in town.

I was quite disappointed on arrival entering the lobby which was dark & gloomy. After checking in which took just a few minutes was accompanied to my room by the lobby porter. The room was large with a small bathroom which had a shower which was not working and so used the bucket & mug. The room had several lights only one worked so I called reception who sent an electrician and soon all but one of the lights were fixed.

To my horror several cockroaches inhabited the bathroom and seemed to collect around the loo which scared the hell out of me! I worked out a plan of defence and purchased a couple of dozen tea lights and lit these in a semi circle around the commode. This worked a treat and most of the cockroaches fled and fortunately were not seen again. However after removing the candles I doused the whole bathroom with buckets of very hot water which discouraged any return.

The main restaurant unfortunately suffered the same gloom as the lobby and I asked the staff to switch on more lights and open the curtains which took care of the darkened room.

The hotel had an annex at the side of the main building which had a bar and restaurant. I spent all three evenings here where the staff were friendly and so made my stay more pleasant.

The room rate was incompatible with the accommodation and services provided and I would avoid staying at this hotel in future. It seems most users of this hotel are local traders and maybe quite happy to stay here.

So all in all I would not recommended this dated, overpriced & dull property to travellers passing through this region.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank United327
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It is a lovely hotel with excellent food, helpful staff and great comfort. hotel location is very good, Room cleanness is excellent. we enjoyed fully. Restaurat is very attractive and Food quality is awesome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lucky_pandey
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Considering that Faizabad is a small,provincial city, the Hotel Krishna Palace came as a very pleasant surprise. We were very skeptical about finding a hotel which offered clean and comfortable stay,but Krishna palace belied our fears. Located in the open and clean Civil Lines area of the city, the hotel offered us very comfortable and well-maintained room,with air-conditioning and cable TV. The food was good and there was a very efficient room service.Staff was helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Choose a room, if available, on the third or higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aarkayess
Reviewed 17 April 2013

what i can suggest you about this hotel is try to avoid it.we were not provided tarriff rates in advance inspite of regular telephonic conversation & mails,tarveldesk was not helpfull & cooperativeand was rude & lost in their own world,staff was untrained & were dressed with untidy uniform & panmasala in mouth,room rates were very high as compared to room size,condition & aminities,mice & cockroaches were found in many rooms,nothing was done to overcome problem of mosquitoes,no hot water supply in tap when conveyed to them was provided in bucket after 30 mins that too only in 2 3 rooms...totally waste of money will not suggest anybody to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: do not stay in this hotel try to avoid it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank sukhad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faizabad
Minitel Inn
#4 of 5 in Faizabad
Ramprastha Hotel
Ramprastha Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ayodhya

Been to Hotel Krishna Palace? Share your experiences!