All reviewsnatural swimming poolnew ownersother guestswonderful placesafe environmentan adventurest antoninfrogsyurttentsfridgeprivacycastleclairecamptadpolesheaven
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I booked to stay at Le Camp with my Husband and 2 children (9&2 years) at the beginning of the holidays and did experience a slight concern that there were no recent reviews on TA. I now know why . . . Everyone who finds this place just wants to keep it all to themselves! I was sorely tempted to do the same, but Sally and Steven are so fabulous and Le Camp is so great that they just deserve a review.
Everything about our stay was wonderful, the area is beautiful, there's so much for the children to do, if you can drag them away from the wonderful pool at the campsite and with only 6 tents the children all became really close over the week running free in the safety of Le Camps grounds, chasing chickens, catching tadpoles, toasting marshmallows and perfecting their dives into the pool.
The tents are huge and each set in their own secluded area, super comfy beds with a proper cot for my daughter and it's true about the breakfasts, hot drinks all round, fresh pastries, fruit and bread, boiled eggs, cereals, dried fruit, nuts, yogurts etc and the icing on the cake really is the owners who are so incredibly friendly and helpful - nothing is a trouble at all!

In short, go go go! :-) you'll have a fabulous time!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank hg-lil1
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We stayed at 'Le Camp' for a week in August and our only compliant was we wished we had booked for two! Sally and Stephen are the owners and run the camp-site in a very friendly and relaxed manner. There are only 6 tents (or Yurts) on a site that I believe use to have 45...this means there is plenty of space for each family. Each tent has its own kitchen area which is fully equiped; e.g. fridge, plates, cutlery, dishwasher, washing machine etc...
My children spent most of their time in the pool...it is more like a pond but wonderful nonetheless.
For families wishing to get away and spend some quality time together in a beautiful part of France I really recommed staying at this camp-site. I don't do camping (bit of a snob!!!) but I will definetly be returning to this place.
Many thanks to Sally and Stephen for a memorable weeks holiday.

Room Tip: Try and get one of the bigger Yurts as they have their own toilet
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank s30csm
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We had stayed at Le Camp last year and were excited about returning.Once again we had a wonderful and memorable week.

Le Camp is owned and run by Sally and Stephen, a British couple who now live permanently in France. They have set up a truly unique and beautiful campsite which is run with the most exquisite attention to detail set in wonderful surroundings. The tents and yurts (six in total) are beautifully and simply furnished with wonderful, large double beds and feather pillows. Our tent had a gorgeous wooden verandah with comfortable wooden armchairs, perfect for watching the night sky (amazing stars and a meteor shower when we where there!) and listening to the frog chorus whilst the children are tucked up in their cosy beds (proper beds and duvets).

The kitchen facilities are fantastic. Each tent has their own allotted cooking space, hob and fridge in the tastefully built communal open air kitchen. Every possible utensil is provided, plus on-tap olive oil and there are even two dishwashers. The dining space is very atmospheric and comfortable and seems to work whether you want to socialise with other families or not. Most people, once they've settled in, do!

The shower 'block' houses 3 lovely shower rooms which smell gorgeous. There's lots of hot water, organic locally produced bath products and each tent is provided with lots of fluffy towels.

The focus of activity during the day is in and around the natural swimming pool which is stunning. It's crystal clear water is surrounded by lush water plants and frogs make way for you as you splash about. It's a real delight for the children and hours slip past as they swim, paddle and explore nature.

Le Camp is heaven for children from morning til night. They run free, make friends, explore nature, feed the pig, hitch a ride up the hill in Stephen's put-put van, and roast marsh mallows on the camp fire.

Breakfast is provided every day. Fruit, yoghurts, salamis and cheese, croissants and limitless cafe lattes expertly made by Sally.

Le Camp's magic is down to the vision, hospitality and hard work of Sally and Stephen. They never stop! Nothing is too much trouble. They keep the site looking immaculate (a hard balance to strike: natural yet pristine), they concern themselves with their guests' every comfort, they have invaluable local knowledge and will recommend and book anything for you from restaurants to canoe trips. They've created something very special.

We travelled with 3 young children (who unequivically agree that the week at Le Camp was the best of our 3 week holiday in France) and my brother and his girlfriend who are keen climbers. The Averyon Gorge provides world-class climbing and there's no doubt that Le Camp has plenty of appeal to people travelling without children.

This is a holiday that's good for the soul. We're already planning next year.....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank MarniLondon
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We loved our stay so much we hope to return soon. It was the highlight of a six week European Holiday. Wonderful facilities, best pool in the world, gracious and knowledgeable hosts. Sigh ... wish I was there now!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank SamPB
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I have to start by staying I was a little apprehensive about staying in a Yurt before we arrived at Le Camp. I really needn't have worried.

Le camp is the perfect mix of camping and a B&B/ Chambre D'hote. The Yurt that we stayed in was large with a big comfy bed and plenty of storage space. The communal kitchen is well stocked, with individual fridges, two dishwashers, three hobs a cooker and all the crockery & cutlery you could possibly need.

The natural swimming pool was the highlight of the trip. The water is crystal clear and a perfect temperature. There was something even more refreshing about taking a dip in a pool that wasn't full of chemicals.

The owners Sally & Stephen were perfect hosts. I can confirm that Sally does make fantastic coffees at breakfast and both her and Stephen are on hand if you need any tips for sightseeing or local restaurants.

I would highly recommend Le Camp to families and even to couples as there is so much space it is easy to have time alone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple