had another fantastic holiday here this year, the site has everything you need for your holiday, peace and quiet, the pool is a must for childen, (we have 11 and usually take 5 with us each year, next year 7 will be coming with us) the laundry room is perfectly equipped for any normal holiday use, the games room is brilliant for keeping the kids amused as long as you keep a few 50p pieces handy for the pool table and take the time and effort to borrow games from the reception, we usually drive up overnight, leaving home in Shropshire at Midnight on Friday and arriving in Dingwall at 6.00 am, we usually arrive att he lodges late morning and the staff make a real effort to try and get us in our lodges as early as possible, being self catering we use the Tesco online ordering facility and have our groceries delivered on the afternoon of our arrival, the nearest Tesco is in Dingwall, the staff are great and their drivers are brilliant, if we need anything locally we pop into Kiltarlity to the local shop (less than a mile away so only a return trip of 2 miles, or to Beauly about 4 miles away, a return trip of 8 miles) we have always found our lodges clean, the staff friendly and helpful to the extreme even putting themselves out when we were once late arriving, we have stayed here every year for the past 8 years except last year which was missed as we were moving house, the children who have been with us absolutely love the place, the pool is great and the feeling of safety cannot be beaten, our children range in age from 12 to 34 and the youngest have been staying with us since they were 4, the parting shot this year was being asked by the kids to re-book immediately for next year when we will be joined by two of our older childen and their families, we go on holiday to have a relaxing stay and explore the surrounding area, you couldnt wish for a better place to do this, the facilities are everything you need, we would really really struggle to say anything negative about our stays but then we go on holiday to enjoy ourselves and have a good time, something which we can be assured of doing when we stay at the Lodges, as for the weather, its always been brilliant, (remember its only your clothes that get wet your skin is waterproof) WE WILL BE BACK AGAIN NEXT YEAR
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable self-catering lodges set in a woodland park near Loch Ness.The lodges sleep 4 to 6, in one double and one or two twin bedrooms, and feature- open-plan lounge/dining-room- colour Freesat television- well-equipped kitchen- shower-room (some lodges also have bath)- bed-linen and towels provided- some lodges are suitable for wheelchair/disabled access.- children and pets are welcome.The park features- heated indoor swimming-pool (open April to October)- tennis court- children's play area- games room (pool, table tennis etc.)- laundrette.The park is ideally placed for visiting the magnificent mountain scenery of Loch Ness and the Strathglass glens, and there is an abundance of wildlife, from red squirrels in the nearby woods to deer and golden eagles in the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve. You can take a boat trip to see the Moray Firth dolphins, or a cruise on Loch Ness to search for Nessie!For a more active holiday there is excellent fishing in lochs and rivers (salmon, brown trout), there are many golf courses nearby, as well as pony-trekking, and hill and forest walks.Or you can explore the heritage of the Highlands, visit castles and whisky distilleries, or join the locals at a ceilidh of traditional music.The park is also an ideal touring base from which to visit the Black Isle, Skye, Speyside or even John o' Groats.The park is 6 miles from Beauly, which has good train and bus connections, as does Inverness (14 miles), where there is also an aiport.We are open all year round, for short breaks or longer holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Kiltarlity Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kiltarlity Hotel Kiltarlity
- Kiltarlity Lodges Scotland