“Lovely food - will be back”

Brockie's Lodge Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kiltarlity
Brockie's Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Kiltarlity B&B and Inns
scotland
“Lovely food - will be back”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Have had a couple of meals at Brockies this year and can't fault the place. Had a really nice meal on both occasions and prompt, friendly service. Will definitely return

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I try to visit Brockie's whenever I'm up. I come from Beauly originally so have known the place for many years, infact we had several of our staff nights out there.

The food, in my experience over last 2 years, has been delicious. I am a coeliac so need to know that the staff understand what that means. Happily they do and I never have any problem. The staff are always very friendly and efficient as is the owner. Looking forward to my next visit and I will be having a big, fat, juicy sirloin steak!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

As a family, and including friends, we have been going to Brockie's Lodge over the last 4 years. Whilst we haven't stayed overnight, we have had lunch and dinner there, including the fabulous Sunday carvery. Robbie and Jean (owners), have strived hard to ensure that guests are made very welcome, and that guests enjoy their experince. The food is generous in portions, varied and delicious. Over the last 4 years, Brockies Lodge has been renovated to a high and comfortable standard. I would highly recommend this family run hotel.
Jude

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jude062
uk
Reviewed 10 September 2011

5 of us stopped at this establishment for a meal and every one of us were bitterly disappionted with the meal and service.

I asked 5 times for vinegar until the waitress pointed out they were in the bowl in saches on the table.

The menu states "locally souced food"

I'll leave this to others that comment on this establishment.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank howdystranger
Robbie S, Owner at Brockie's Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
I am sorry to hear about your experience regarding the meal and service you had here at Brockies Lodge. I would be extremely grateful if you could give me a phone (01463) 741257 or email me at info@brockieslodgehotel.co.uk to give me some further information on your visit here so that I can best understand what went on. I take comments very seriously and will investigate the matter with my team once I have some more information from you.

Regards,

Robbie
addlestone
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Having looked at trip advisor and the downbeat comments of an earlier review after we had booked our two night stay, it was with some trepidation that we went to this hotel. However we were warmly welcomed and shown to our room which was comfortable with complimentary bottled water provided and fresh milk available for the tea making facilities. Our evening meals were fine, with a reasonable range of options on the menu. They were served hot and promptly. Breakfasts were also quite satisfactory with a range of options available. The hotel is not new and has probably seen many years of use but is a friendly, comfortable country hotel that provided excellent value for money for my wife and I.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi,

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon if you are ever back in the area.

Kind regards

Robbie
Muir of Ord, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The present owner revived this hotel and i can only refer to the food as i have used this hotel on many occasions to have meals there. The proprietor being a chef himself took pride in getting food up to high standard at a reasonble cost. I used up various loyalty cards. Gradually the standard has slipped to such a degree that i have reluctantly moved to pastures new. Roast beef grisly and unchewable, soup off (which i had to wait 12mins for) the reason for writing this review is to seek the opion of others to gauge to whether or not this has been a coincidence as i feel it would be a shame to see the place go down.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ayejock88
CAS_9, Owner at Brockie's Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
I am extremely disappointed you feel that way on your recent visit to the hotel. With regards to the meat being "unchewable", we have had a number of inconsistent issues with the quality of meat so we have now changed our meat supplier. We got some great feedback yesterday from our guests about the quality of the beef. We have changed to another local butcher this week. I am struggling with the soup as you stated it was off, our soup is made fresh on the Sunday morning for that day's service and you should not have had to wait 12 minutes for this. The soup was creamed Lentil that Sunday and I have no feedback noted from any other diners that day about the soup. I do hope that you come back to us at Brockies and please mention to the waiting team about your previous visit and I will be more than willing to discuss this further with you. We have resolved the meat issue. Please accept my apologies.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiltarlity
Priory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kiltarlity
Old North Inn
Old North Inn
#155 of 231 in Inverness

Been to Brockie's Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!