“Relaxing break”

Brockie's Lodge Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kiltarlity
Brockie's Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Kiltarlity B&B and Inns
Carnwath
“Relaxing break”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

My husband & I stayed here from 10-14 Sept 2012. We enjoyed our stay with just a few minor details which I will mention later. The staff were lovely an so helpful-anything we asked for we got promptly. I had poached eggs most mooring and they were cooked to my taste (firm)-I find a lot of hotels struggle with !!! When I asked for fresh milk and cake for supper in our room it was complimentary-wonderful. Had dinner 3 nights and we were happy with everything-my husbands steak was "spot on" he said.
On the down side your in-house hairdresser needs to learn to talk to her clients a bit quieter-we were next door and felt as though we were in the same room as her-heard e dry bit of the conversation. Thurs night she was there until 8.30ish and we had to turn the tv up really loud to hear it-she of course would then have to shout to be heard over it. Think this should be addressed!!
On arrival in our room I stared to unpack-the shelves in the wardrobe were very dusty so had to wipe before using. The unit where the tv sat was thick with dust. Informed a lovely girl at reception who noted it and it was done the next day. Did think it all had been overlooked and we had booked in advance so room should ha e been ready!!
Mattress a bit uncomfortable but got used to it. A couple of small comfy chairs would be nice as had to lie on bed to watch tv-we were a bit old to be doing that!!
Overall a lovely break in stunning scenery-even saw dolphins. The weather too was kind to us.

Room Tip: Very reasonable rates for a few days break and ideal for anyone travelling the area. A good base.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catriona D

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
dingwall
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

went here for a sunday lunch
the young lass tht served us was very pleasant and friendly a asset..
we were shown to our table and ordred our drinks when they came so do a hot homemade roll,which was lovely..now this is where it started to go downhill.
didnt really fancy a carvery but on hindsight wish i had ordered that.i had the chicken
chicken itself was lovely and not dry but the carrots looked as though they hadnt been peeled or cleaned and the broccoli well am sure a newborn baby would have been able to eat it as it was all mushy.the gravy was very herby which ruined the whole taste...
i was going to have a pudding but was afraid i wouldnt be able to taste it after all the herbs so neva bothered.this am afraid has put me right off going back,,sorry guys x

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mackie29_11
Garve
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

A mid-day visit to this hotel where in the past we had indifferent meals, proved to be A1 as regards hospitality, service, standard of food, and comfort / decor. Staff immaculately turned out and toilet cleanlieness, something so often substandard, was beyond criticism. Many other local hotels which we visit would do well to take a leaf out of this book.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MurdochMacPhail
Beauly, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

If you go out and pay for a meal you expect to eat something better than you eat at home, and if you cook high quality food at home yourself, you at least expect to be able to order something different to what you would cook at home and that it should be well prepared with good ingredients.
I know this is a small country hotel restaurant in the north of Scotland, so I know not to order anything fancy: we ordered basic pub grub and it was pathetic. Kitchen shortcuts and poor ingredients written all over it. Absolute waste of money. Will not be going back, will eat thrice as good in my own kitchen for a 3rd of the cost.

1 Thank MIkeChand
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Thanks to all staff at Brockies lodge for beautiful xmas luch today very cosy with log fires
and great service we will be back next year.

scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Have had a couple of meals at Brockies this year and can't fault the place. Had a really nice meal on both occasions and prompt, friendly service. Will definitely return

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I try to visit Brockie's whenever I'm up. I come from Beauly originally so have known the place for many years, infact we had several of our staff nights out there.

The food, in my experience over last 2 years, has been delicious. I am a coeliac so need to know that the staff understand what that means. Happily they do and I never have any problem. The staff are always very friendly and efficient as is the owner. Looking forward to my next visit and I will be having a big, fat, juicy sirloin steak!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to Brockie's Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!