“A lovely meal and good service to match”

Brockie's Lodge Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kiltarlity
Brockie's Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Kiltarlity B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We decided to eat out and we chose the Brockies Lodge, it was the first time we had visited despite being fairly local and we were very pleased.
Despite not having booked, we didnt have to wait too long for a table despite the restaurant being fairly busy.
There was a good choice on the menu, something to suit all tastes and the food was delicious and portions were large.
Service was very good and the waitresses were all very pleasant and couldnt do enough.
Only slight disapointment was the cheesecake on the special which was a bit on the runny side, I still managed to eat it all though hehe.
Well worth a visit, we will definately be back SOON. well done.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Art B

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Did not stay here, but stopped off for lunch (family of 4 plus dog).

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Dogs were allows in the bar area, not in the restaurant (which is fine). The hotel and restaurant were pretty busy, so the service was not speedy. But they let us know in advance that they were busy and might be a wee while, so not a problem.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We were served our lunch in the bar instead of the the restaurant. Although not an extensive menu, the food that we got was fantastic.

I would make a point to stopping of here next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was my first meal in Brockie's Lodge since the 1990's and I enjoyed it very much. The bar service was a little slow, considering how few diners, but once we ordered our food the staff were attentive and helpful. The Tagliatelle was a good choice for hunger, plenty of it and very tasty - though the use of fresh herbs would have been better than dried herbs. The beef lasagne was delicious, too - in an old-fashioned cheddary way. Both salad garnishes were lovely, chips perfect and garlic bread crisp and tasty. A lovely meal and I'd definitely go back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

after my friend and i dining here on wednesday i am adraid to say i will not be in a hurry to return. I had heard so much good about the place recently that i couldnt wait to go only to be let down. i ordered the dough sticks as it said on the menu to enjoy while u browse our menu however they didnt come until long after we had ordered. my friend happen to notice that the chef was in the other room eating his lunch, sorry to have disturbed him, i then had the fishcakes they mere mis shapen bland and burnt my friend had nachos and they came with a tiny amount of salsa and a spoonfull of sour cream plopped on top. there were no check backs on us what so ever. our mains came my friend had macaroni i had steak and haggis pie both were fine however the pie was let down by the bought in pastry lids, we did not stay for dessert as the wait by this point was just to long. if your wondering why i did not complain at the time this is due to us being in our early 20s and have already seemed like an inconvinience to your establishment again i do apologise.

• Stayed: February 2013
Robbie S, Owner at Brockie's Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience and I am extremely disappointed that you were not happy with your experience here at Brockies Lodge. You are quite correct that my female chef was taking her lunch break at 3.30pm when you came in for lunch. This is the first opportunity that she had to sit down and take a break, having spoken to her I do know that she left her lunch and cooked your meal and then returned later to eat it. Our fishcakes are home made and as this was a trio of fishcakes the chef's make them in different shapes so that they can identify them. I will look into the flavour of them and I am surprised you thought they were burnt, my front of house team that was on that day would certainly not have taken them out of the kitchen and indeed serve them to you if they were "burnt". We take every comment very seriously and I do wish that you had spoken to Karen when you were here, we strive at all times to ensure our customers get what they are expecting. I would urge you to comeback in and try us,please mention your review when you come in and either myself or Karen can speak to you on a one to one basis regarding your recent experience

Apologies

Reviewed 14 January 2013

For some time now we have been meaning to try the Carvery lunch here but until yesterday had not got around to doing so. Well that proved to be a BIG mistake!!! Should have done it years ago as this restaurant is an absolute gem.From the minute you walk in the staff are so pleasant and efficient and the food is simply wonderful. A real gem tucked away in a corner not far from Beauly and so worth making the effort to get there. It will certainly not be our last visit and looking forward to the next time. Thanks to all for a superb lunch

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

we went to brockie's lodge with a voucher from groupon. what a brillaint deal it was but even with out the voucher we could see that there was value for money. whopping great plates of brilliant food and we were totally stuffed by the time we left. the staff are friendly and were very happy to help with anything you needed. we have passed brockie's a few times and always said we would go one day. well this was one visit that will definately result in repeat custom.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bubblyInverness
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Don't know where to start with "Brockies". We had a wonderful 3 night stay there in Sept.12. For all the things we didn't like about this place there was something extremely good that knocked it out of the window. Brockies looks a bit run down as you drive up to it. It is on a reasonably busy road which concerned us but in the end wasn't an issue at all. The place is small and decor a bit dated...very 80's. Our room was a good size and they really had made it look nice. It was very very clean (something I won't compromise on) with beautiful crisp white linen, big fluffy white towels and a good duvet and pillows.The bed was very comfortable and we had 3 very good nights sleep. The shower room was very clean. Toilet wasn't working when we arrived but they got a plumber to come and fix it immediately . He turned out to be a lovely local lad who gave us some good local information...thanks we did use your info. Now these are the thing we found ...annoying more than a problem...the shower was extremely noisy, as was our neighbours as it woke us up on our first morning at 6 am, but the shower was incredible, powerful and hot. The door didn't shut properly so you ended up mopping up when you had finished. There is no shelves to put anything anywhere in the shower room, not even a hook for your towels. I'm sure these issues could easily be resolved by a trip to B&Q, so minor problems and we did managed. The room as I said was a generous size, plenty of space even for our little dogs cage ( another asset of this place , they are very dog friendly). Loads of wardrobe space and not much to complain about. Decorative cushions a bit shabby, TV in an awkward place to watch, broken hairdryer on the wall with a note stuck on it to say it wasn't working (so why not remove it) but one in the drawer underneath, mirror not in the area where you can use the hairdryer but the worst thing was the energy saving light, it was terrible, my hubby was going to buy a replacement bulb for our time there so we could see to get ready for dinner in the evenings and read. So, on to the restaurant, this we couldn't fault....the service was perfect and friendly, the food, locally sourced was fabulous so much so that we came back every evening to eat there. The cooked breakfast was generous and tasty although bacon and sausage not to my taste but hubby loved it so purely a personal preference. With the few things, as I said before that wasn't good about the place it really was a fantastic place to stay and we really enjoyed our stay, we definitely will go back next year. Well done Brockies and thanks for a lovely 3 nights.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LENA195621

Been to Brockie's Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!