“My first and definitely the last experience in this resort”

Fiesta Diving Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Surigao City
Fiesta Diving Resort
Ranked #13 of 16 Surigao City B&B and Inns
Mandaue, Philippines
“My first and definitely the last experience in this resort”
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We had been planning for this trip for about four (4) months ago and we were so excited to go to this Resort. My Aunt, who just came from Florida paid us a visit after two years of being married to a foreigner. My mother's younger sister, Aida, suggested this resort for she had a wonderful time with her family when they came here a few months ago. Unfortunately, we didn't have that same experience.

The place is nice, but i don't recommend this place to those people who have children. I had a two year old daughter who is so adventurous that she kept on playing with the telephone not knowing that every time she picks it up, it would make a ring on the front desk. I guess the in-charge got irritated so she asked someone to go to our room and told me that "if we would call them, it should be very important." Well, i understand their point there. I know they were kinda busy that day but there is always a better way to tell your customers about the proper way of using the telephone.

Moreover, I almost slipped near the pool area because I hit the rope that surrounds the kiddy pool. The care taker said they intended to place that rope to prevent kids from going to the pool right away without washing their feet on the wash area. Their intention is good but they should have place "banderitas" or some colorful materials that would be visible enough for people to know that there's a rope there. The same incident happened to my grade two cousin who got bruises on her face because she did not notice the rope in the parking area. She got so excited to see the beautiful pool that she didn't notice the rope in that area. I must say that that this place is not advisable for children. It's not safe for our kids. I don't even see any life guards around.

What's even worst is their services to their customers. The front desk who entertained us when we were settling our bills was so rude. She didn't even know how to compute! Their policies really sucks. Or should i say that they don't have a policy at all or a system for that matter. When my aunt was about to pay the bills, she noticed that they were over charging us. They added some items on our bills which we didn't really used like the extra bed for example. If you don't really examine the bills carefully, you wouldn't know that they were charging you with things which you didn't not even avail of. Then when we made our complaint, it was already too late...we can't do anything about it anymore. If only they informed us before hand about their policies, we could have made changes to our accommodation. When we asked for their policy book, they can't even show us one...this means to say that they don't really have any. Money is not really the issue here, we just want them to inform us before hand about their conditions and other stuff in order to set expectation and we could have settle for a better accommodation..

Another issue that we noticed is that, we weren't issued with an official receipt when we paid our bill.

Next year, we are planning for another family reunion and we are definitely not going to have it here in Fiesta Diving Resort. I had the worst experience of my life!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
10 Thank Ramelyn

Solo
Singapore
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Fiesta Diving Resort has its own charm and uniqueness. Located in front of the beach along the road to the local villages, this resort is an ideal accommodation for families on a budget.

Unlike huge commercialized busy resorts, Fiesta Diving has 10-15 rooms and a big swimming pool to share. Cozy and comfortable, rooms are reasonably priced with double share rooms starting at Php 1500.

The restaurant in the resort was excellent! Very impressive with the quality of local produce and cuisine.

The staff were very hospitable and the service was excellent! Couldn't been happier with their level of dedication in making sure our stay was enjoyable. Thanks to Mr Lee, Geraldine, Negeal and crew!

A quick note though, being a new resort, not everything is fully furnished yet (eg, corridor lights) but the basic needs are available in comfort. Local tours can be arranged upon requests.

There is a also daily 4 hours black out ritual across town but basic electricity (from electric generators) will be provided.

Overall, for the price, comfort and service, Fiesta Diving Resort is ideal for those looking to chill out on budget.

Contact: 09204153086