“A perfect holiday for stressed parents”

Emerald Coast Gites
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at emerald coast gites for the second time from 14th to 21st June in number 2 la vielle grange with our 2 year old and 1 year old. This time we came with 2 other families.

As before Lesley and Simon gave us a fantastic holiday. The gites have everything you need for young children and are ideally located next to the bar / soft play area and the grassed play area. As everything is enclosed,the children can safely enjoy playing with the wide variety of toys that are available.

Although we were self catering we once again enjoyed sampling the cheese and wine night and the various plat du jours.

We will definitely come again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2013

What an absolutely wonderful two weeks we had staying in the Pressoir! We all had a really great and relaxing time enjoying the wonderful company, facilities and surroundings. It was the first holiday since the arrival of our first daughter, that my husband and I felt we could unwind, which was fabulous! Our daughters had a great time because of all things for them to do and play with/on, as well as excellent suggestions for day trips. As our two daughters had such a good time it meant that the adults did too.

Add into the mix the fantastic plat du jour, bar, cheese and wine evenings and daily bread orders, not to forget the lovely tea party Leslie and Simon put on for our daughter's 4th birthday, Leslie and Simon and wonderful hosts just made the holiday so easy and enjoyable that we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura G
Reviewed 9 October 2013

there is much more to it than that, it's actually surprisingly good for adults too.
For children there are more sit on toys than you can shake a stick at; ball pens; play areas and space to play in. for adults and children there is a good sized swimming pool and a childrens pool with sun loungers - excellent. I think I also saw goal posts but as I don't really do sport I can't be sure. For adults there is a well equipped bar - what more can you possibly want? Ok. There is also a weekly cheese and wine party in the bar which was great fun and went on till late.
I suppose I should mention the gite as well although others have done it so well before me. Suffice to say they are very well equipped; spaceous; have outside space (lots); a bar b q; most everything really.
The location is great; near enough to a local village and towns but in a rural quiet setting.
I should also mention the stars of the show Lesley and Simon, they really are great, (except perhaps the morning after the cheese and wine party); Simon took us to the railway station the day we left and Lesley posted back two rabbits that had inadvertently been left behind by my daughter - she didn't really say write a good review or the rabbit gets it... They are seriously good hosts; always about; always helpful and always good fun.
I forgot to mention the trampoline (suitable for adults and children) and the table tennis table where two of us spent a lot of time.
If you have young children or grandchildren they will love it and you probably will too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We visited last year and went back recently for 2 weeks with our 2 month old baby and nearly 3 year old daughter. My sister and her family were in the next door gite. We got the night ferry to St Malo which was fine (because the children slept, but I think could be a nightmare if not!) Lesley and Simon are exceptional hosts- they are always helpful, friendly, sociable and go out of their way to help you have a good holiday. The gites are nicely decorated and well maintained. The children's play areas outside and soft play, trampoline, and bikes were highlights for our toddler. We enjoyed the bar, especially cheese and wine nights and the delicious plat du jours cooked by Lesley. Even though the weather tended towards iffy we enjoyed the nearby beaches, cafes and historic towns. The swimming pool on site and collecting eggs from the chickens were other highlights. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Talk to Lesley about specific needs as the gites do vary.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Third year back, for 3 weeks this time and what a amazing time we had. We thought we couldn't top travelling to Emerald Coast Gites with a screaming new born last year, little did we know, the adventures/trauma we would put both Lesley and Simon (the hosts) through on our first week of arrival. To say we took full advantage of there local knowledge, fluent french language, driving skills and support is an understatement, in the space of just one day my husband had to be rushed (by Simon whilst I stayed on site with my other 3 children) to hospital as he dislocated his shoulder, and then later on that day (whilst Simon was still at one hospital with my husband), my 1 year old fell over badly which in turn called for Lesley to make full use of her emergency skills calling an ambulance, translating everything hte paramedics were communicating and most importantly being an absolutely amazing support to me the completely hysterical mother, not to mention the rest of the clients on site who very kindly took care of my other two children whilst Lesley and Simon were taking care of the disaster we had created and supporting us in various hospitals across brittany, and it was plat du jour night...Lesleys busiest night, but still their commitment to us came top of the list and I couldn't have got through it without them!!! Some might think, that would be enough to make you think the holiday was doomed and it was time to pack up our bags and get home whilst we were still all relatively, in a vain sense of the word, 'healthy'. But still after all that only on day 3, We had an awesome time, we knew we would, and nothing let us down. Met some amazing people on site and just had a ball. The children were completely happy which in turn of course led to parents being content and happy too.
And still we are welcomed back with open arms and have rebooked for next year (I am not sure I would be so welcoming after having to deal with all that). One thing it did make me realise, If we had been in a rental gite on its own without that support network I would have been completely incapable of sorting or even knowing where to begin in how to sort the situatioin out!
Seriously, everything about emerald coast gites just works, Simon, Lesley, Sam and Evie are just amazing, the returning customer client base is huge, you are lucky if you can get in, and if you do, I wouldn't hesitate, take that slot whilst its available, I can guarantee you and the children will be hooked!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bunters4
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My family and I have just returned from our 4th consecutive holiday at Emerald Coast Gites and once again it has proven the most relaxing experience we could have wished for. The gite complex is Child Heaven with plenty to do for all ages and the added bonus of a welcoming bar for the adults. As the saying goes if the kids are happy you are happy.

Nearby you have some of the best beaches I have ever visited as well as delightful Medieval Towns, tourist attractions and good restaurants. On top of that Lesley provides the most exquisite plat du jours as well as hosting bbq nights and wine and cheese tasting evenings (prepare for a hangover!!).

Lesley, Simon and family are the perfect hosts making you feel like you are visiting friends (They are friends of ours now). We have already booked for 2015, as we are travelling abroad to see family next year, so the kids are on countdown until we head back to Henansal!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Faultless week. Accommodation, kids toys, pool, bar, British Lions on Sky, local attractions - all top drawer. For a relaxing family holiday with kids - just go for it. Cycling in locality also fantastic if that is your bag.
We will be back...one for the road as they say.
Thanks L & S & B

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gavapentin

Been to Emerald Coast Gites? Share your experiences!