“Another great weekend in Kingston”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston
The Black Range Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Kingston B&B and Inns
El Paso, Texas
“Another great weekend in Kingston”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Just got back from the annual retreat with my trade association. The Black Range Lodge is just the place to step out of the busy lives we tend to lead. Catherine and her crew do an amazing job in all areas. They continue to improve the Lodge and the grounds and all the amenities without losing the historical feel. A real treat for relaxation and introspection, beautiful setting for weddings and reunions, and a great place to hold a meeting or give a presentation.
The Black Range Lodge in Kingston, NM should be on everyone's bucket list and then you'll keep going back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The Black Range Lodge was recommended to me by a bicycling club from Las Cruces who insisted I stay there. I am so happy I did! It's a little peace of heaven nestled in the Gila National Forest at the old silver boom town of Kinston. Katherine the owner squeezed me in when her refurbished historic lodge was booked, welcomed me like I was family, fed me home grown fruits and veggies, eggs from her own hens, three types of home baked bread (she grinds the grain herself) and made me want to stay forever.
The lodge is on a large piece of property next to the national forest, so if you want to stretch your legs and hike to a tranquil creek, it's right there. She also has a large kitchen for your use, a hot tub, several straw bale buildings she built herself for the progressive minded learn about, and is near lots of other attractions to explore.
I recommend the Black Range Lodge highly and hope to visit again - by car so I can stay longer.

Room Tip: Tell Katherine your needs and she will make you comfortable. I was not in the main lodge as it was b...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the lodge for three nights during the Labor Day weekend. We have stayed at many lodges/B&Bs through our travels. The stay at the Black Range Lodge was without doubt the most wonderful we have experience in a very long time. If you want to feel very welcome in an extremely laid back atmosphere - go to the Black Range Lodge!! Peace and quiet, beautiful scenery, hiking trails, etc., etc.. Highly recommended if you want a great getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dale M
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Every time we come here I feel we have stepped back into the days of leisurely auto tours, exploration mixed with relaxation, and a sense of belonging even though we are visitors.

The building was originally constructed in the late 1800's, and has served as a casino and saloon -- among other things -- for the previously booming mine town. Now the rooms have modern conveniences (Indoor plumbing! Hot running water! Wifi!) but are comfortably furnished in a style reminiscent of the 1940's tourist lodges.

The hosts cook with foods from their own garden, and with eggs from their free-range chickens. The breakfast food is savory and plentiful, and there is refrigerator space for guests to have their own items for lunch and dinner, if they do not wish to sally forth for meals in the local restaurants. Catherine was graciously accommodating to my husband's special diet needs.

While we were there we watched a surprise visit from a pair of javelinas that came to eat the fallen mulberries.

If you tire of wandering the grounds, there is a hiking trail to lead you into the hills.

We look forward to returning when the planned hot tub is established.

Room Tip: Smoking is allowed only outside on shared patio and/or balcony area. If you want to stay away from...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lindab1939
NH
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have to say that my two-night stay at the Black Range Lodge was one of the most restful and rewarding stays I have ever had while on vacation. We were very warmly greeted by Katherine at check-in, and made to feel like part of the family. We stayed in the main lodge, which provides basic but very comfortable accomodations. Recommend that travelers check out the straw bale house for longer stays-very nicely furnished and offers a lot of privacy. Breakfast included everything but the kitchen sink (all homemade)! We lucked out with a personal tour of Percha Bank (next door to the lodge) and learned of the town's storied past, as a once-booming silver mining town. Katherine, Tom, and Bonnie made our stay a very welcome one. The highlight was a surprise birthday celebration for Tom at breakfast-chocolate cake and all!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NH_Izzie
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed this weekend for two nights and were treated royally. The lodging was pleasant (Percha House) and the Lodge itself was great and very interesting historically. The breakfast was terrific and the staff (Tom and Bonnie) were very friendly and enjoyable. I even had a great massage by the resident massage therapist (Gary). Thanks folks for the great time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrishay152
Jemez Springs, NM
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My friend and I stayed there some months past. I absolutely loved the place and the people. The staff treated us as family, not strangers passing through. The lodge itself is quite lovely. Old, historic and well kept. Breakfasts were wonderful and we were never made to feel out of place or unwelcome. Quite the opposite. Our room was fantastic with each of us having a private connected bedroom. I certainly hope to stay there again soon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kathleen W

Been to The Black Range Lodge? Share your experiences!