“Cold shower again!”

The Country Cottage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Ruddington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Third time I have stayed in this hotel on business, not my choice! The second time I have woken to a freezing room and cold/tepid shower - unacceptable. The rooms are nice enough but are now a little dated to say the least and there appears to be a problem of some description in each one I have stayed in. This hotel needs a major refurbishment. The food is usually very good however, on this occasion my evening meal was dreadful completely uncooked lamb even having been sent back once - Cancelled my second night and will not be staying again!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian B

Reviewed 31 January 2014

After the funeral at Wilford Hill's Crematoriam.. I had given prior notice that there would be six of us coming for coffee and sandwiches. They were expecting us and we were shown into a cosy room where we were private but in easy reach of the bar. The staff were attentive and helpful. Extra tea and coffee in the price and hot sausage rolls and quiche. Very good value.and a nice venue for any occasion. We will definitely return (hopefully not for another funeral)!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank seymour3751
Reviewed 16 January 2014

From the street, it looks like an average place, however once you enter onto the property you will be extremely pleased, at the quaintness and how lovely it is. The room I had was lovely and very comfortable. Dinner was excellent, I wished I had more time to spend there. The staff was exceptional and welcoming, and went beyond the call of duty to try to help me solve an embarrising problem I had with my taxi ride. The hanging flower baskets were amazingly full and added to the atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you can stay in the courtyard it is a wonderful suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Agnes P
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have stayed at many hotels around the UK, but this one is definitely the best.

This hotel is unique with differently themed rooms both within the hotel building and in linked external buildings which are so charming. Some have their own little gardens which is just ideal in the summer. There is also a central courtyard with tables and seats and a fountain. It's a great sun trap, and the flowers and hanging baskets are a dream.

The Country Cottage has a wonderful atmosphere, which is further helped by the amazing staff who are always helpful and friendly. Nothing is a bother to them. They make you feel both safe and valued.

The food is splendid and the chefs are so accommodating if I ask for something off menu. The menu's are varied and the food is beautifully presented and delicious.

I have recommended this hotel to many friends and work colleagues and they too have great praise for the rooms, the food and the staff. I recently booked a friend from the USA into the Cottage, and she absolutely loved it. She thought is was the epitome of British countryside heritage and again thought the staff were so wonderful, friendly and helpful.

As a regular visitor to the area, I always choose to stay at the Country Cottage, as it really is just perfect !!

AW - County Durham.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I have stayed in are lovely and comfortable. I do prefer the external rooms as it...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Avril W
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We went to a wedding reception here in September (2013). The place was perfect for it, reasonably priced drinks, plenty of room and a good decor. We had looked into stopping the night here but instead used a travel lodge down the road as the rooms didn't meet our personal taste and were more expensive than we were willing to pay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martyn T
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I had booked a table for family and friends for Boxing Day and would like to thank the staff and in particular the Chef at The Cottage Hotel for such a lovely meal. All of my requests were met (table layout etc) The food was delicious, and those who had the beef all commented on how tender it was. Overall it was beautifully presented and with excellent service. I have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise M
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We had Christmas Lunch here about three years ago and it was great so we booked again this year. How disappointed we were, never again!

No meet and greet, staff to busy and not organised, lots of people waiting for service etc. Food was poor, cold, undercooked and served by young staff who did their best but really no idea.

We feel they were overbooked and basically could not cope, people rushing around totally disorganised.

We made the most of it because it was Christmas. What a pity this place is going down hill, the place looked shabby and needs refurbishing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rsdc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruddington
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Premier Inn Nottingham South Hotel
Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club
Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club
#1 of 2 in West Bridgford
The Lodge at Ruddington
The Lodge at Ruddington
#1 of 2 in Ruddington

Been to The Country Cottage Hotel? Share your experiences!