“Delightful Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 2 Ruddington B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Delightful Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I attended a family wedding on Saturday and have to say it was wonderful. The venue was lovely, the staff efficient and friendly, and the food amazing, one of the nicest wedding meals I've had. All served hot and plenty of it.
Some of my family stayed overnight so got to see the accommodation and it looked really nice, and very upmarket. (It may have been a bit noisy if you were not in the wedding party).

Room Tip: Sorry I didn't stay so cannot comment, but would check if a function is on if you want a quite s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth186356

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here to attend a wedding for 2 nights. Lovely reception, room, staff and food. Easy to get to and within easy reach of all facilities. Car park and all rooms great. The breakfasts are great and all cooked to order.

Room Tip: All rooms named after flowers and lovely homely cottage and all bright with all clean facilities.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The 'finish' in the hotel rooms is in need of some additional care and attention - it is a bit scrappy in places. In my room, for example, dusty bathroom fan, ill-fitting bathroom carpet, broken and dirty vertical blinds.

The few staff I met were nice and they were very helpful - they didn't have any bottled water in the bar or the rooms for my international colleague and the Manager went to a local shop to buy some for him. (Helpful but frustrating that they had ran out in the first place!)

Breakfast was ok but tended to be almost cold by the time it reached you.

All in all, ok but needs some thought, care and attention.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank rawnsle
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel last night and I was very disappointed on arrival I asked what time the resturant was open until and was dismayed at the reply of we are not open tonight as it's a bank holiday I said I have already paid for dinner bed and breakfast and I showed the receipt I was told I could have a refund of £22 the cost of the meal and I should go out to find a place to eat, which I did on my return I was offered a glass of wine on the house for my trouble, the room wasn't bad but the breakfast was poor I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I am usually easy pleased and never like to complain every review I have done has always been positive.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Bulldog1259
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had our wedding here. All the staff were wonderful. Vicki the wedding planner was really helpful in planning our day and even helped with the music for our ceremony. The rooms were set out beautifully and the flowers gorgeous. The food was fantastic and plenty of it. A special effort was made for our vegetarian and gluten free guests also. We stayed in the bridal suite which was perfect. Very good value for money, I would definitely recommend this venue for a wedding or any special event.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie B
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Having attended a few special events (birthdays, wakes etc.) we had no hesitation in arranging our own birthday lunch at The Country Cottage. 75 guests, a four-course meal with four choices for each course, wine to serve and a cake to cut; that presents a challenge for any restaurant. Julie was meticulous in discussing our needs and suggesting food and wine. Arrangements were made to accommodate the number of cars expected, as well as a separate room for us to take family photographs. The food and drink, as usual, was excellent, and the service was friendly and efficient. Starting at 11.30, we ushered the last of our guests out at 5.00pm without any urging from the staff. Our guests, few of whom had visited The Country Cottage before, were fulsome in their praise of the venue. If that wasn't enough, we also feel we received excellent value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Barnet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

A two day trip with our 18 year old daughter, looking at local universities, so we were only really using the hotel as a base. On arrival we were shown to our rooms. Ours (Laburnum) was cosy - perhaps a tad too cosy as the thermostat on the radiator in the bedroom was cranked up to full and did not shift to a cooler temperature, making it a very warm room to sleep in. No matter it, and the bathroom, were comfortable. Our daughter had initially been placed in the room opposite ours, but the key broke in the lock, so without further ado she was relocated to the Wedgwood room, which suited her very well.

We had arrived on a Sunday and had hoped to eat in the hotel restaurant that night to be informed that it wasn't opening. However, we were given information about local restaurants within walking restaurants within walking distance and a reservation was made for us.

Breakfast the following morning was hearty and well cooked, using local produce.

All in all we had a lovely break and the staff couldn't have been more attentive and welcoming. A somewhat quirky hotel and not in a bad way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephd31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruddington
Premier Inn Nottingham South Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,399 reviews
Roomzzz Nottingham City
Roomzzz Nottingham City
#1 of 54 in Nottingham

Been to The Country Cottage Hotel? Share your experiences!