“Fantastic Seafood”

Kishorn Seafood Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated in the Highlands of Scotland, we serve beautiful fresh local seafood, prepared simply for the fullest natural flavour.
eSamwise
“Fantastic Seafood”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Some of the best Seafood I've had, coupled with their garlic butter dip its great food. We went with the Seafood Platter, highly recommended if you don't know what you want. We sat outside but it was busy throughout.

• Visited June 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A great wee stop off”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have often driven past this small restaurant when coming and going to Applecross. It has never been open due to my timing I guess but this time it was timely open when my stomach was needing a refuel! I had Cullen Skink soup with some crusty bread and a coffee. Service was excellent and the staff were really pleasant and friendly. The soup was enjoyable but I have to say as a bit of a Cullen Skink fan it was a tad too potatoey for me with minimal evidence of fish. The oatcake described as accompanying it was one very tiny one and clearly from a supermarket. I also noticed when observing food being served to other customers that there was little in the way of chef work going on and salmon was boil in the bag. My soup was reasonable priced and the other menu options appeared fairly priced too. It would not in my opinion be somewhere to enjoy anything more than a cafe type meal but definitely worth a stop for a snack and a hot drink.

• Visited May 2014
Newport, Wales
“Fresh cooked seafood at its best”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We make sure we visit the Seafood Bar each time we are in the Lochcarron area, and we have just had another very enjoyable lunch there. We often begin with the excellent Cullen Skink soup, but on this occasion just stuck to the seafood - mussels, scallops and squat lobsters. As always, the seafood was very fresh and, whilst Viv herself was not there this time, her young team cooked and served the food faultlessly. We will be visiting again before heading south.

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Fish”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is the third time we have visited this restaurant whilst on our holidays in Scotland and again it lived up to our expectations. We had the seafood platter to share with extra oyster and a glass of white wine and it was absolutely delicious. The staff are so friendly and the location is stunning.
We can't recommend this place highly enough

• Visited May 2014
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Amazing little place for fresh seafood”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stopped here for lunch and had an amazing meal. Try the delicious Garlic Scallops with a croissant and the fresh Langoustines but most of all try the Squat Lobster!! An absolute delicious shellfish that is rare outside this area.

Visited June 2014