“Good experience”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Deer Park
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was our 3rd or 4th visit to Stoney River in Deer Park, IL and all have been a good experience. We arrived early (about 5:30pm) and were seated immediately. Our wait person, a woman, was excellent. Friendly and helpful and totally appropriate. She took good care of us. We each had steaks - my wife the beef tenderloin filet and potatoes au gratin (which she thought were a bit under cooked yet good), I had the NY strip with a baked potato. Each of the steaks were prepared to perfection. The meat is excellent quality as to taste and tenderness. The rolls served with the meal were very good. My wife had a ceasar salad and I had the onion soup au gratin for starters. Both were excellent. We skipped dessert. Like my title says, a good experience. We will return.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We go to Stoney River for "special" evenings. I love the little fried rolls, the seafood daily specials and the special coffee-cured filet. Had my first ever Chilean Sea Bass there about 10 years ago.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I had asked for a special evening and they delivered! Excellent greeting and service. Fabulous crab cakes!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

one of our favorite places to celebrate a special event. this was a date to share my wife's birthday on 8/29. our table next to the stone walled fireplace was our choice for a chance to share a more quiet seating...boy were we mistaken. the table next to us un-occupied at first, but another couple was soon seated and they were served by a different waiter than ours. their waiter was the loudest speaking waiter ever heard. he not only gave them the specials, but stayed with them booming his ridiculous attempt to befriend them (larger tip?) for almost 15 minutes. we gave him a heads-up look many times hoping he would tone it down to no avail. he ruined our meal and special romantic evening. we reported it to the hostess upon leaving, but without any result from management. too bad!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Was looking for someplace near the Hampton where I was staying, and was glad this was open on a Sunday night. I sat in a booth at the bar, and had attentive service. The steak tenderloin salad was tasty, the steak cooked correctly, and a good value at $18. The wine flights are also a good value and let you sample their excellent wine list. The complimentary fried poppy seed rolls - allegedly their "specialty" - were just tough, tasteless, and greasy. Don't waste the calories, and go for one of the desserts instead.