“Favorite local restaurant”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Deer Park
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I eat out frequently and there are many good restaurants in Lake County. However, Stoney River has become our favorite local restaurant. We eat dinner there about once a month.

They have a wonderful menu, great atmosphere and very friendly staff. The steaks are terrific but our favorite dish is the Szechuan Salmon. Also try the Whiskey Shrimp appetizer!

Being an outdoorsy kind of guy, one of the things I like best about the restaurant is the atmosphere. It has the feel of an elegant, turn-of-the-century mountain lodge.

You can spend a small fortune if you go all out on cocktails, appetizers and dessert but two people can have a great meal for under 50 dollars if you simply split an appetizer and skip the extras. They also send out coupons regularly if you sign up for them which can further reduce the cost.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The price for value is very poor and would not recommend this place. Had reservations and still had to wait. If you want to pay $50 dollars for same steak you can get at Costco for $23.95 and then pay top dollar for your side dishes go for it...

1  Thank Lubes60
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

On our first visit I had already decided on my dinner selection from the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. The coffee cured filet was so highly recommended I had to have that. Great choice! The chilled shrimp cocktail was an excellent starter.

After our fill of Thanksgiving turkey and then the leftovers, we decided it was time for something different last evening. So, it was off to Stoney River again. I felt something lighter was in order; thinking of fish. Salmon seemed an obvious choice but Chris our very helpful waiter talked me into the trout. An excellent choice.

When you visit Stoney River, consider it a "must" to start your dining experience with the Whiskey Shrimp on toast.

We were assisted in our dining experience by Angela, the Manager for the evening and her friendly and very able staff.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was our 3rd or 4th visit to Stoney River in Deer Park, IL and all have been a good experience. We arrived early (about 5:30pm) and were seated immediately. Our wait person, a woman, was excellent. Friendly and helpful and totally appropriate. She took good care of us. We each had steaks - my wife the beef tenderloin filet and potatoes au gratin (which she thought were a bit under cooked yet good), I had the NY strip with a baked potato. Each of the steaks were prepared to perfection. The meat is excellent quality as to taste and tenderness. The rolls served with the meal were very good. My wife had a ceasar salad and I had the onion soup au gratin for starters. Both were excellent. We skipped dessert. Like my title says, a good experience. We will return.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We go to Stoney River for "special" evenings. I love the little fried rolls, the seafood daily specials and the special coffee-cured filet. Had my first ever Chilean Sea Bass there about 10 years ago.