“It was an experience!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Cosmopoli...
“It was an experience!”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Booking this house was easy! Mr. Payne was friendly and easy to deal with. Also, Carlon the house manager was super friendly and made himself available throughout our stay for anything that came up. He even came back to the house one night to put a giant Locus that flew in outside for us!

The house is nice. I found that the interior could have been decorated nicer. I was not a fan of the furniture, as one of the chairs in the living room was sunken right in, or the towels on the ground as mats by the doors. I also did not like the bed sheets, in the master bedroom the bed didn't even have a fitted sheet, it had like a cover thrown over the mattress and then a quilt folded over on top. There was also only 2 pillows per bed.

When I arrived at the house, the house was still being prepared as Carlon informed us people had checked out the same day. I did not mind but they ended up finishing prepare the house after 6pm, which was a lot longer than I expected.

I also found that the kitchen was small and lacked in pots, pans and utensils. For a house that can hold up to 14 people, I think they should have more of these and a bigger stove as well, as cooking for 9 of us was a task everyday. However, they do provide 2 grills, an electric and a regular one which we enjoyed using.

I loved that the entire house was tiled and I also loved how clean the bathrooms were. The pool area is gorgeous and the view made our stay worth every penny. The guys loved playing pool and darts in the living room. I loved the openness of the house and living room area. It did however, get really hot at times so maybe another fan in the living area would be a good idea to add.

We also had one day without wifi, however, Carlon came and fixed it for us. And during the last couple days there was a huge swarm of flies outside the master bedroom door that led to the pool area which made things uncomfortable. Carlon did inform us however that they were sugar flies and harmless but it was still an inconvenience because we couldn't use that door. I also wish there was an easier access stairs to the pool from upstairs as going from the pool to the kitchen using the side stairs was a little out of the way.

All in all, the house is clean, big and has an amazing view. I would stay here again but definitely be more prepared with what to pack. The house also has an alarm which was excellent and made us all feel a lot safer as its very secluded.

Your age range 18-24
Derry727
Titusville, Florida
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 15 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

I booked mot mot lodge for a family trip after searching villas in Tobago for rent that would accommodate a large family of 17 which the owner allowed but eventually our group size dwindled to 12 so everyone had more than enough space.. at first I was a bit hesitant due to location but I'm so happy we didn't change our mind..the location really isn't an issue once you have a vehicle..we had 3 vehicles but has enough parking for many more ..tucked away in the hillside with large security gate, CCTV and security system really made us feel safe throughout our stay on the compound..the seclusion was nice as we could make as much noise as we wanted and not bother anyone or be bothered by anyone else's noise
The grounds are well kept and the views are breathtaking
My only hurdles was no electrical outlets in bathrooms for my wife to use hair dryer etc. but lucky we had an extension cord so problem solved, microwave only works on express but I'm sure if I had brought it to their attention it would have been replaced, no TV's in the bedrooms
Overall I will highly recommend to anyone and plan on returning for my next trip..
If you're thinking of visiting do it.. you won't regret it

Immanuel2...
Trinidad
“Fantastic 60th birthday for mum”
Reviewed 4 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

On arrival the manager greeted us earlier than usual and accommodated us due to our early flights. The rooms were as shown and comfortable.

There was a slight issue with the aircon in the master bedroom but the manager sorted it out the next day.

All in all it is a nice retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and a place to relax.

Only thing is I wished there was a proper access way to the sea below so I could have done some fishing but other than that no worries..

Wanderer6...
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 22 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

My family stayed here for March break 2017, this place is exactly how it looks on the website, the view is amazing so is the sunset. The weather was great. We also love the pool. every night we had dinner by the pool. The best part was there was a laundry room, so we were able to wash and dry our stuff before coming back to Canada. Carlon the house manager was very helpful he answered all our questions. I will be returning to Mot Mot Lodge in the future.

Your age range 35-49
Nella P
Trinidad
“Perfect for a serene get away.”
Reviewed 11 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My stay at Mot Mot was wonderful. It was 12 of us with ample space. The 5 beds and the sofa bed served as enough for us. However if you don't want to share i recommend you bring some inflatable mattresses and you'll be all set, There are two very large rooms among the 4 in the Lodge. Everything we needed was already stocked (kitchen utensils, bedding and linens and what not). The manager, Carlon, did his job very well and checked in everyday to ensure our stay was not hindered in any way. The view is magnificent from the balcony and the pool and the place is in good shape. The ceiling inside to me was beautiful. wonderful craftsmanship, it added a great deal to the experience. There is some age to the place as it should but nothing broken. There is a trail to the rocks below for the adventurous where the experience is so intimate being so close to the ocean and the reef. We snorkeled a bit. The road is a bit worn so be careful and the drive way down to the house is steep so be cautious. However those aspects had no negative impact on our stay. Again, it was a great and relaxing experience and we will be back!

Kavita R
“Location”
Reviewed 15 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

This villa is not located in Mount Irvin... It's in Arnos Vale, which is difficult to access from the rest of the island.

Management Response
16 Jan 2017
Hi Kavita, thanks for your review.

I just want to point out that MotMotLodge's address is clearly stated on the listing as Arnos Vale. Additionally the map shows the exact location of the property.

Most of our guests love our location, so I disappointed you didn't feel the same way. i hope you come and stay again.

Best Regards

Mot Mot Lodge
Royanne W
“Excellent house wonderful service!”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

The house and pool are beautiful, the rooms were clean and spacious. There were 10 of us and we fit comfortably and I loved the fact that every bedroom had its own ensuite. The view was beautiful. The house manager was very accommodating and called everyday to find out if we needed anything. The house is a bit difficult to get to, a vehicle is necessary as its about 20mins away from the 'city' area and the house is situated on a hill but the drive is definitely worth it for the amazing view and great house. Would definitely be staying there again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing