“Poor Customer Service”
Review of Papa Joe's Place

Papa Joe's Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canaan
Papa Joe's Place
Ranked #2 of 3 Canaan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel management never conveyed the fact the guests were not allowed to have bicycles in the rooms. They offered to house the bikes in a downstairs storeroom, which was accessible to other persons on the compound and was not secure. As a result, my family was put out of the hotel since they refused to compromise on the issue even though the travel brochures and rules and regulations said nothing about this alleged rule. This was one day before a triathlon being held on the island.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed at this guest house type property, with my son (10yrs), my sis- n-law, and my niece, (14yrs). We had a blast, especially since this property was not to far away from Storebay, and Pigeon Point. We had a full functioning kitchen, equipped with pots, wares, and utensils. The room has two twin beds, and there's a pull out sofa bed, so four people can stay in one room. There's also air condition, and wifi.The pool area was nice and clean, and open for use around the clock. The overall presentation was great, and I would definitely recommend this guest house.

Room Tip: If you're traveling in a large group, ask for the rooms that has the adjoining door...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lh_naturalbeauty
Reviewed 6 June 2012

First I would like to say, I have had some bad experiences at hotels before, but as a first time visitor to Tobago, I shocked that my expectations were exceeded. There are no words to describe just how clean this entire place was. One one bug, footfrint, finger print or indication of unclean smell was detected. I went to Papa Joes at the end of March with my husband and baby daughter. Mrs. Yates was extremely nice and she encourages us to soak up the sun and enjoy our stay. We were provided with a very detailed map of tobago upon completion of booking in. Also, we came in earlier that expected and she did not even charge us a red cent extra for booking in 4hrs early (huge points there). The room was immaculate, so was the rest of the compound, I think they even removed the leaves from off the grass. The pool was CLEAN, pool area well maintained. They provided beach towels, and bath towels. The bathroom was WHITE, so obviously CLEAN. The kitchen- spotless, the fridge- spotless. The glasses, utensils (all spotless). Look the bottom line is I got my money's worth and then some. Please stay here. It was $495 per night and that is affordable. You wont regret booking this place. I am sure of it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank claire l
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I was very skeptical since i had some experiences before with pretty pics on websites however the first thing i was most impressed with the exact thing i saw bright colours and the smell of clean ...i mean seriously say cleaaaaaaaaaaaan. Loved the colours and decor most beautiful. I also loved that they had a toaster and their dishes were not cheap looking at all. A list of cable channels were provide in their guest handbook and that was mostly appreciated towels for both pool and bath. I wanted a late night swim however, so maybe a little extension on pool hours. Nevertheless i loved the ambiance and its location is a cool walk away from any thing needed and i will definitely be doing it again in a heartbeat. thaaaaanks again Papa Joe keep it up!!

Room Tip: Affordable and worth it and Rooms can be be made connected so bigger families can be comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Shandel_101
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Papa Joe's Place brings a smile to my face every time I remember my stay there.

Papa Joe’s is no luxury hotel but it is a tastefully decorated, well-equipped self-catering apartment that adds to the pleasure of a family vacation. Each apartment has WiFi, an air-conditioned bedroom with ensuite bathroom, a sitting room with sofa bed and kitchenette. Toiletries including dispensers of soap, shampoo and conditioner are standard in every bathroom. Both bath and beach towels are provided as well as an ironing board and iron. The kitchenette contains matching tableware and flatware, no mishmash of odds and ends. The cupboards were stocked with pots, pans, chopping board and even a grater in a very good condition. The full-size stove, oven, microwave and toaster looked brand new and were in tip-top working condition.

I couldn't ask for more. In Tobago where budget accommodation and great service may sound like an oxymoron, Papa Joe's Place is the exception. Thanks Sylvia and Henrietta for creating a homey atmosphere for me and my family. The kids loved it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank vanda23
Reviewed 8 August 2011

From the moment we got to the place I was pleased just the appearance alone was inviting. When I got in my apartment RM105 I loved it, clean, extremely clean everything and it had a romantic feeling, finish. The cleaners were very pleasant also. I will visit again.

Thank you.
Phillip Watts & Dominique Pierre

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DWatts26
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Extremely good value for money - apartment consisted of 2 rooms - one bedroom and the other room was like a studio aprt - kitchen dining area and living room in one. Apartment was spotless, kitchen very neat and tidy, beds well made as per big hotel standards, snowy white towels, very clean bathroom (albeit small) but adequate for me, more than enough kitchen utensils.... small but cute pool with gazebo.... i was generally pleased...only 1 draw back was that the place was not fenced/gated so people could wonder of the road but area was VERY quiet and saw no one wondering about ...if there was a fault it would be that but otherwise I was very pleased.... hostess was also very helpful

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank sunandfunCaribbean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canaan
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
Tobago Lesville
Tobago Lesville
#1 of 3 in Canaan

Been to Papa Joe's Place? Share your experiences!