“Stand Up Paddle = Awesome”

Stand Up Paddle Tobago
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Canaan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: LEARN TO STAND UP PADDLE: 1 HOUR COURSE - US$60. Learn to stand up paddle from the beautiful Pigeon Point beach in Tobago. Our personalized Instructor will teach you all the basic skills and make sure that your lesson is lots of fun. If you are feeling up for it and time allows we can even go for a paddle further along the point. We also offer Bio Luminescence tours at night, Swamp and lagoon tours, surf lessons and a whole lot more all on Stand Up Paddle Boards. WHAT WE PROVIDE:Stand Up Paddle Board, Adjustable Paddle, Life Jacket, and lots of fun!WHAT YOU NEED:Surf Trunks, bikinis, what ever you go to the beach in, a shirt if you want to avoid the sun, Sun block, Water (if you want) NOTE: You Should be able to swim
Reviewed 17 January 2014

You have to do this if you're travelling to Tobago! I had an excellent experience. I went with my mum at first, and we had such a good time that I actually returned by myself for a second lesson a few hours before my flight home. Both times were great - Duane is a pro, and is a friendly, instructive and fun tour guide. Pigeon point is absolutely stunning (and complete with loos, bars, food stands). I was glad to leave the island having learned a new skill. I can't wait to SUP again sometime soon!

duanekenny, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Tobago, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you Libby for the great review. It was great to take you and your mom out for a stand up paddle lesson. Also I really enjoyed our paddle to Cocoreef. If you ever make it down to good ole Tobago again you have to come and do our Bioluminescence Tour. Keep smiling, and stay cool in London (P.S. I hear it's really hot up there right now).
Duane Kenny
Stand Up Paddle Tobago

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I traveled to Tobago for a wedding and tried to find surf the whole time. sadly I timed it in a way that put me in Tobago at a time where the world class surf was not present; however, I was determined to find surf. After lots of discouragement I finally found stand-up paddle Tobago and specifically Duane Kenney, whose name was coming up as an island legend amongst the small surfing community. I told him my adventure and he guaranteed me surf. Duane did not disappoint. he took me to a reef in the middle of the ocean to find what seemed like the only break on the island. epic experience. not to mention Duane was the best guide anyone could ask for. he was more of a friend than a guide, and I left the island with 2 surf buddies ( his friend Andrew included) who guaranteed me world class surf the next time I come back. overall I would recommend stand-up paddle Tobago to anyone and everyone who wants an unforgettable experience

duanekenny, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Tobago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thanks Ian for the awesome review. It was great having you man and I've found some new secret spots to get you out to. When are you coming to visit us next? The waves are back and pumping these days.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

It was my first time trying SUP.
Duane gave me a one on one session early on a Sunday morning. (very flexible and easy going about my time preference)
As an instructor, he is the best because he is fully engaged, attentive and an overall awesome guy.
He gives lots of encouragement which is key, especially, when a novice like me was fighting a head wind at the end!!
I left feeling like our 2 hours flew by !
A must try experience with a supercool instructor.
Thanks Duane!

duanekenny, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Tobago, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thanks Annie for the great review! It was a pleasure taking you out for a SUP. I could not think of a better way to spend a Sunday morning! I look forward to showing you some of Tobago's secret ocean spots in the near future. Keep smiling!
www.standuppaddletobago.com

Reviewed 16 October 2013

While on vacation in Tobago, a friend organized a stand-up paddle board session for me with Duane. I had never been SUP boarding before and Duane was the perfect teacher for my first time. He helped me feel comfortable on the board, taught me how to confidently paddle, and even did some SUP yoga poses with me in the shallow water of Pigeon Point! When I got back to Canada, I tried SUP boarding again, but honestly I just found myself missing my awesome teacher Duane and the beautiful island of Tobago!

If you're looking for foolproof instructions, interactive tours, and a personable & super interesting guide/companion, Stand Up Paddle Tobago is definitely for you :)

Thank you Gigi for the great review. It was really fun taking you for a tour. The stand up paddle Yoga was a blast also. I look forward to hosting you for a paddle in the near future!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

It was our first time trying SUP and Duane is the perfect person to do this with - super chilled, lots of fun, very safe and his focus is on making sure you have the best time possible. He will cater your session to your ability and desires - just cruising, catching waves, night tours, waterfall tours, whatever you like.

On top of all that Tobago is a complete paradise! A must-do activity.

Thanks again for the great review! I look forward to sharing Tobago's beautiful seas on a stand up paddle again with you! Keep smiling!