“Learn a new skill in paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stand Up Paddle Tobago

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Canaan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: LEARN TO STAND UP PADDLE: 1 HOUR COURSE - US$60. Learn to stand up paddle from the beautiful Pigeon Point beach in Tobago. Our personalized Instructor will teach you all the basic skills and make sure that your lesson is lots of fun. If you are feeling up for it and time allows we can even go for a paddle further along the point. We also offer Bio Luminescence tours at night, Swamp and lagoon tours, surf lessons and a whole lot more all on Stand Up Paddle Boards. WHAT WE PROVIDE:Stand Up Paddle Board, Adjustable Paddle, Life Jacket, and lots of fun!WHAT YOU NEED:Surf Trunks, bikinis, what ever you go to the beach in, a shirt if you want to avoid the sun, Sun block, Water (if you want) NOTE: You Should be able to swim
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learn a new skill in paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you are wondering what to do when you get a bit bored of just sitting on the beach - do this! My sister and I decided to try SUP for the first time on a bit of a whim and couldn't have picked a better activity. Duane was patient and funny and before we knew it our time had flown by. We were buzzing by the end of our lesson. If we'd had more time we would have definitely gone out again.

Visited March 2014
duanekenny, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Tobago, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thanks for the great review. It was lots of fun taking you ladies out for a stand up paddle lesson. Next time your in Tobago you have to come for a Bioluminescence Tour or a stand up paddle surf lesson. We have lots of cool Stand Up Paddle excursions to keep you ladies happy in the water.
Keep smiling!

Bon Accord, Tobago
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Glowing above and below”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Recently my friend and I did the nocturnal bioluminesence tour with Duane. We opted for a two-seater kayak rather than stand up paddles (you can use either). This tour is done near the new moon when the skies are dark so it is easier to see the bioluminescent organisms in the water. In all we were out in the water for about two hours, kayaking along with another couple in a two-seater and Duane on a stand up paddle. The journey took us out to the lagoon where the water is as still and flat as glass. At that time the sky was darker, so we started seeing the glowing effects in the water. I would imagine that the amount of bio activity varies at different times. It is magical ... These beings creating a sparkling world in what we would otherwise simply see as "water".

Being out in the lagoon is extremely peaceful and meditative. My friend and I remained silent, soaking in the vastness and relaxing in the kayak while the others swam and chatted. Look down and you see glowing sparks in the water as you swish your hand or paddle...or look up and see the stars unimpeded by light pollution.

Duane is very knowledgeable and professional and it is clear that he wants everyone to have a good experience.

Since doing this I have recommended it to people who have asked what there is that's "different" to do in Tobago. It is one of the few one-of-a-kind leisure options.

Visited February 2014
Thanks for the great review guys. It was a pleasure having you both on the Bioluminescence Tour, and appreciate the recommendation to your clients. We can't do this without your help! Looking forward to the chance to come and spend some time in Buccoo when things slow down after summer.
Toronto, Canada
“New Stand Up Paddle Addict”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've been wanting to try paddling for some time and when I had my trip to Tobago booked I began looking at the watersports available and was pleased to find Duane and SUP Tobago! He was a pleasure to deal with before I even arrived. Answering all my questions, and providing me with info.

The experience did NOT disappoint. Duane is an excellent instructor and took his time and had plenty of patience getting me prepared for our time on the water. The crystal clear blue sea was fantastic. We were able to see schools of fish swimming around us and had some fun on the water paddling around the beach.

I can't wait to go back for more. I definitely recommend this to anyone headed to Tobago looking to try something new, or paddle in a new place!

Visited March 2014
Thank you Melissa for the great review. It was lots of fun taking you out for a stand up paddle lesson, and I look forward to take maintaining your Stand Up Paddle Addiction with some of our other tours when you are next in Tobago. Keep smiling!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Unique expérience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Paddling in Tobago was the one thing I had to do. The islands sea life and gorgeous crystal blue waters is so awesome, and paddling gives a view not appreciated in a kayak. Duane Kenney made us relaxed and confident after a morning of paddle lessons. Each of us were at different skill levels, but we all got major points for improving our technique. The bioluminescence Tour that night was something we'll never forget. The group was again varied. Some with kayaks, some with paddles and even one family with a 5yr old. We were a bit nervous at first but Duane's knowledge of the lagoon and the stars made us focus on the amazing night life around. A perfect night in Paridise is all I have to say! I'd do it again for sure!

Visited February 2014
Thanks for the awesome review! You guys were great having learned to Stand Up Paddle and do the Bioluminescence tour all in one day. I look forward to hosting you guys for another Stand Up Paddle if you are ever back in Tobago.
London, United Kingdom
“stand up paddle-tastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

What a great way to get a tan, get some exercise, take in the awesome views/scenery, and do something fun and memorable with people you love. Had a fun session with Duane and my best girlfriend Kath last month, loved it. 5 stars.

Visited January 2014
Thanks Amber for the great review! It was lots of fun taking you and Katherine out for a Stand Up Paddle on Pigeon Point. I was especially impressed with the surfing skills. Looking forward to taking you out again for a tour. Maybe our Bioluminescence Tour.