“Radical!”

Stand Up Paddle Tobago
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Canaan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: LEARN TO STAND UP PADDLE: 1 HOUR COURSE - US$60. Learn to stand up paddle from the beautiful Pigeon Point beach in Tobago. Our personalized Instructor will teach you all the basic skills and make sure that your lesson is lots of fun. If you are feeling up for it and time allows we can even go for a paddle further along the point. We also offer Bio Luminescence tours at night, Swamp and lagoon tours, surf lessons and a whole lot more all on Stand Up Paddle Boards. WHAT WE PROVIDE:Stand Up Paddle Board, Adjustable Paddle, Life Jacket, and lots of fun!WHAT YOU NEED:Surf Trunks, bikinis, what ever you go to the beach in, a shirt if you want to avoid the sun, Sun block, Water (if you want) NOTE: You Should be able to swim
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Swimming at night in the darkest part off the lagoon, near the mangroves sounds totally scary when you say it out loud.. People asked me if i was crazy. ..But it was honestly one of the most fun and amazing adventures I've ever had. I'm normally a total scaredy cat but I could not help but dive right in and become totally engulfed in the magical glow which seemed to make me forget all about my previous inhibitions.
Whether you jump in or just take in the sights from your kyack or SUP board, your mind will be ever blown!

duanekenny, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Tobago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Thanks Christianne for your great review. You also picked up stand up paddle surfing pretty fast on our paddle in the day. You might be a pro in the making! When your ready I can take you to some secret stand up paddle surf spots to test your new skills.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

As a first time paddle boarder, Tobago has got to be one of the best places to learn - gorgeous scenery, warm, calm waters and an extremely patient, encouraging and experienced guide. After easy to follow instructions on dry land, I was soon happily paddling my way around Pigeon Point.

But the magic started when I did the nighttime lagoon tour a couple of nights later. Just paddling into the middle of the silent, empty lagoon surrounded by mangroves was an experience in itself.But as we got further into the glassy waters in pitch darkness, the glitter started to appear and Duane knew the best spots to find it. I swam in the warm water and it looked like my arms and legs were on fire - I was shooting rays of light from my hands. Fish looked like fireworks, I've never seen anything like it! Duane was great company and his passion and enthusiasm for nature and SUP overflowed into the tour - this was definitely a highlight of my trip!

Thanks for the great review. It was a real pleasure taking you out for a paddle lesson and Bioluminescence tour. If you are ever back in Tobago you should definitely come on our full day adventure tours. They are Fantastic!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our first stand-up paddle boarding adventure on the Pigeon Point tour. Duane gave a light-hearted but very informative lesson at the beginning and got us up on our boards right away. It was nice that he was able to adapt our time together for those that wanted more of a challenge and also those that wanted a less taxing experience. Tobago is a beautiful spot to learn this sport and Stand Up Paddle Tobago really does an excellent job of making that possible.

duanekenny, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Tobago, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you Kera for your review and bringing your whole family for a Stand Up Paddle in Pigeon Point, Tobago. If I'm ever in Guyana or California I need to come and Stand Up Paddle with you guys. If you are ever in town, would love to take your whole family on a bioluminescence tour in Bon Accord Lagoon. Keep smiling, and keep paddling.
Duane Kenny
Stand Up Paddle Tobago.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Oh my goodness, I don't know where to begin or how to explain the wonder of this trip.
We had contacted Duane prior to travelling to Tobago. He was so patient and replied promptly to all our questions.
We opted for the bioluminescence tour - this started at 17.15 with paddle boarding tuition. This was a fabulous experience which we enjoyed. When it came to actually starting the tour, it was really windy and therefore we used a double kayak to undertake the 21/2 - 3 hour trip. We paddled across the bay and into the mangrove area. This in itself was fabulous and we were really lucky with the bioluminescence. The only way we can describe it, is that it was like lots of sparklers under the water or like someone was dropping silver glitter under the water when you moved the oars. Duane jumped into the water and his hands and feet glowed with the effect. Fish that we saw swimming left a wake of silvery sparkles. This was truly remarkable, an evenings memories that will last with us for ever. Despite Duane obviously doing this trip often he was still really, really enthusiastic and appeared to enjoy the trip as much as we did.
Duane has a great personality and nothing was too much trouble. He was really interesting to talk to and a genuinely nice guy. He was one of those people you meet and life is made richer by the meeting. Thank you so much for a fabulous 30th anniversary.

duanekenny, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Tobago, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thanks guys for the great review. Your tour really was a special one, especially where the fish were passing through the Bioluminescence. Fireworks in the SEA! It was my pleasure to take you guys and thank you for spending Monday night with Stand Up Paddle Tobago!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I don't know which was more brilliant, the bio glittering in the water as we paddled or the beautiful stars overhead. Tobago seemed especially beautiful this weekend and this tour was the highlight of our trip.......another one off the bucket list! :)

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure taking you on the Bioluminescence tour and look forward to taking you on one of our other tours in the future! Keep smiling.