“Great Experience”

Wild Turtle Scuba Tobago Ltd.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Richie and the staff at Wild Turtle were wonderful. They were very accommodating. I am a new Scuba Diver and Richie made it easy and comfortable to be in the water. The two locations we dove were beautiful and easily accessible via the shore (I am not a huge fan of boats). My boyfriend, who is an experienced diver, also enjoyed himself - Richie took him on a deeper drift dive approximately 4-5 miles off the coast. Overall, I highly recommend contacting Richie/Wild Turtle if you are interested in diving while in Tobago, not matter what your level of experience may be.

1  Thank cnc2301
in 13 reviews
"coast"
"island"

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have just come to the end of a fabulous weeks diving with Richie at Wild Turtle Diving. Our family covered a wide range of experience from an Instructor to first time diver. Richie did a great Discover Scuba with our daughter in law, filling her with confidence, chose some excellent dive sites for our newly qualified son and then took the two experienced divers for a 3 tank dive day at Speyside. We loved every minute of it and especially appreciated his new dive boat - complete with that all essential loo! Richie even fixed my personal regulator when it decided to malfunction.

We must also mention his Divemaster Davey, a very knowledgeable and helpful guy.

Thanks Wild Turtle Diving, looking forward to diving with you again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife was nervous diving having not dived in some time and (having a bad experience with her gear last time) and we made this clear to Richie over the phone. We were told Richie was good and so we were willing to pay the fairly steep fee ($50 per tank for a beach dive with no required transportation) to ensure my wife had a good experience. Unfortunately, when we met them for the dive they had forgotten the flippers, and made due by giving us what they had (I was wearing a size 8 instead of my usual size 13). We then got into the water and one of our fellow divers' supplied BCD's immediately malfunctioned and, as this ratcheted up the gear-related panic, my wife became increasingly anxious. Before descending at all we called off our participation in the dive (along with the man with the malfunctioning BCD) and the dive proceeded with the remaining participants plus the dive master.

As we removed our gear on the beach while the others dived, we discussed what we thought was fair to pay. In my experience, you pay for tanks and since we hadn't used ours nor had we required any boat or car journey there was a case to be made that we shouldn't pay at all. Particularly given the issues with gear. Nevertheless, we felt it was fair to give something for their time--there were other divers so they would have been here anyway, but they did spend time helping us get fitted etc. we though an offer of half the total price for their time was more than fair, but Richie rejected this outright, and indicated that he was unwilling to accept anything less than full price for the dive, despite the issues and the fact that we hadn't used the tanks.

We felt extorted, but we are not the types who would feel comfortable paying less than we were told we owed. Accordingly, we said we would pay what he insisted but felt we were being treated unfairly and weren't feeling satisfied as paying customers. Richie, having heard that I was willing to pay, simply walked away. My guess is that most customers will have a fine time with Richie and his genuinely nice assistant Pascal, but I would caution you that the veneer of pleasantness can drop away very quickly if something goes wrong.

3  Thank onantiad
rlldiver, Owner at Wild Turtle Scuba Tobago Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

It is unfortunate it has come to this, however you saw my brochure and agreed to pay the price.
Yes we did forget your fins and offered to rent you fins from the company next door instead you used my fins 9-10 tried them and said they were snug but they would work.

It is also misleading to imply that my gear is substandard. It is actually brand new and the equipment that malfunctioned was the other diver`s personal equipment NOT OURS!
So I don`t understand what equipment issues you and your wife had. Her previous experience as you mentioned is the cause of her fear.

What any dive shop offers is an opportunity to go diving and you pay for that wither you use it or not. Time and equipment cost. You did not take that opportunity unfortunately.
You are upset because your wife panicked and did not dive and you still had to pay for the dive.
You are inexperienced and with time you will both understand how the industry works. Good Luck.

A while back I went camping in the mountains of West Virginia I bought a permit to fish, but never did. Do you think I could get the money back?

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We spent 3 days diving with Richie. 2 amazing dives on Flying Reef, 2 super dives off Castara and two dives in Charlotteville. We had plenty to see including nurse shark, sting rays, 3 types of moray, corals lobster and a plethora of other fish. Richie is an excellent dive master and dive leader. He makes you feel totally at ease and is very patient and choses the right dive sites to ensure a great experience. The weather for our visit was challenging to say the least with lots of rain and choppy seas. Richie came up trumps every time! I can thoroughly recommend this dive operation.

1  Thank Ian S