Reef View Apartments
US$112
US$215
US$172
US$168
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$287
Hotels.com
US$135
  • Breakfast included
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
US$148
US$133
  • Pool
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$155
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$170
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbuccoo baywalking distancepattiutensilsmicrowavebedroombalconyseainternet
Reviewed 7 August 2013

First time visiting Tobago. My wife and I stayed for a week, and were visiting for a wedding. What a great place (You feel very safe), we stayed in one of the apartments on the top floor, facing Buccoo Reef & the Nylon Pool, what a wonderful view. The apartments had a fully equipped kitchen, the room had two beds, a safe, and all was clean & comfortable. Recommend this to anyone who is visiting Tobago, not too mention that Patsy was such a great host, shes honestly does such a great job accommodating you, and making you feel like you are at home (what a warm person).

1 min walk is the dock, this is a fishing village, that has fresh fish every day around 10:10 AM and 3:00 PM, red snapper and other fish, they will clean the fish for you and give it to you ready for cooking (very affordable).

1 min walk and you are at a Spanish restaurant, right beside the dock, good food, but a little pricy for Tobago, but hey need to support the local businesses.

5 Min walk is the Buccoo beach, what a wonderful beach, it felt like you were in paradise, hardly no one on the beach and it honestly felt like your the only ones there, the water is crystal clear, white sand, and sea life galore.

Recommend to rent a car, and drive around, you will need one. Awesome time!!! Kept on hearing how KFC was the best in Trinidad & Tobago, yupe that's right!! it is the best.. best KFC I've ever tasted!!!

Can't wait to go back to Tobago, truly a wonderful place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dru G
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this apartment, and the service from Patsy Howe was exceptional. I was thrilled to see the lovely little apartment. The kitchen was fully equipped, the bedroom was nice and presentable. Very breezy location right next to Buccoo Bay and its a fishing village so there are lots of pirogues and the glass bottom boats dock there to pick up passengers to go to the Nylon Pool and Buccoo Reef each day. The view was breathtaking from the room we got, and the location of the place was very strategic and easy to get from place to place. Its about 5 minutes away from Gulf City Mall and about 20 minutes away from Store Bay facilities.

Thanks Ms Patsy for your hospitality and we will see you again.

Room Tip: Any room will do but with the rooms on the top floor, you have the advantage of the beautiful view of the Buccoo Bay and the seaview.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MGianna
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I will recommed here to anyone who is intrested in having a relaxing vacation the best beaches are about 1/2 hour drive from location.the buccoo jetty is less than one min walk from property.Millers guest house is right opposite and they have a seafood resturant.It is less than 1/2 hour from airport and seaport.There is a fan in the apt and the AC works fine .There is a full size fridge, stove,toaster,microwave cultery and kettle.
In my opinion the property should be fenced.We stayed 8 days with no security problems.We look forward to returning.
Note to management a pool would be nice to complement the five pinic tables with umbrellas

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lawrence C
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My group spent 6 days at the Reef View apartments. I personally hated to leave and can't wait to go back. The apartment is in a beautiful location with an amazing view of the Sea. We walked along the beach every morning when we arose and spent time at the local restaurants and businesses near the apartments. The apartments themselves are very nice. Clean and with strong wifi signals. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with two double beds and a small, well-stocked kitchen. It was very comfortable and I enjoyed it immensely. On Sunday night the owners, Patsy and Sonny, went with us to the Sunday School party right down the road. We had great food, drinks, listened to really good island music and danced the night away. It was a real blast. I can't say enough about how wonderful this place was. The breezes off the Sea were fantastic. There were beach chairs and tables if you wanted to eat or relax on the property. I even got used to being awakened every morning by our resident roosters. Reef View apartments are Tobago at its best! If you want a truly genuine island experience this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I spent three days at the Reef View Apartments in Bucco Point and felt very comfortable there. The apartments are owned and managed by Patsy and Sonny Howe. There are four one bedroom/studio apartments on the upper floors and two 2-bedroom apartments on the ground floor. Although it is called a one-bedroom apartment, it consists of a separate kitchen on entry, and around the bend are the bathroom and the bedroom which consists of two double beds, a clothes cupboard for hanging and folded clothes and a small dresser with a mirror. There is a patio for relaxing with views of the grounds and the sea. The kitchen had enough utensils, etc., for me to use. There is air conditioning and a standing fan in the bedroom and Wi-Fi.

The ground floor 2 bedroom apartments are very large and the bedrooms each contain a bunk bed and a double bed. They also have their own patios. The grounds are very clean and have several tables and chairs with umbrellas. There are also new lounging chairs for people who would like to sunbathe and a barbecue for your personal use. Patsy is an avid gardener and has graced the property with beautiful plants and flowers.

I was told that “there is a grocery and two restaurants and three other places that sell local food nearby”. I did not need them, so I cannot say what the food is like.

Buccoo Point Village comes alive on Sunday night, so there will be lots of loud music to enjoy. I enjoyed the Sunday School party on Sunday night. Actually this was my main reason for staying in the village. There were two top steel bands who won the Panorama steel band competitions at the Trinidad Carnival playing at two venues. They were just a block away from the apartments and from each other. They played from 8 p.m. until 11 p.m. After their performances the DJs played. The old Sunday school building and the party up the street seemed to be more suited to a more mature crowd. The Buccaneers Steel orchestra played at the fairly new community center which is located on the beach and attracted the younger crowd later in the evening and went until 4 a.m. on Monday morning. There was also food being sold. I ate in the big tent and the lady who is the owner was a very jolly and very comical person. The food was very good. There were tables to sit at so that you could be comfortable while eating.

Buccoo is also the place where the boats take off for the Buccoo Reef. This is just a stone throw away from the Reef View Apartments. While sitting on the patio looking out towards the jetty, I was amused by the locals bathing their goats and dogs, especially when a goat resisted because he did want to have a bath. The dock seems to be a meeting place for many locals. There is also a seafood restaurant just a few yards from the apartment. The beach is about 400 yards or more away from the apartment on the south side of the docks after you pass the Community Centre.

I would recommend these apartments for people who would like to be away from the busy tourist areas. It just takes a few minutes to get down to Pigeon Point, Mt. Irvine and Store Bay. I had no problem moving around Tobago from Buccoo with a car. I saw taxis coming in so transportation to other places that the locals use are just a few yards away. There is also free parking available. The apartment is only about 10 to 15 min away from the airport or the ferry.

If you are a 5 star person, you may want luxury and this may not be the place for you, but if you are the average traveler who would like to have a very clean and pleasant place to stay away from the crowded areas and have a kitchen at your disposal, I would recommend Reef View Apartments. Patsy and Sonny were amiable and were very good hosts.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo