“Simply FABULOUS”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Signal Hill
The Palms Villa Resort
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Simply FABULOUS”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This was our third trip to Tobago, each time staying at a fantastic Palms villa. David and the staff are very helpful if you need them but will stay out of the way if you want to do your own thing. These are stunning, well equipped villas on a well designed and maintained plot. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to get away from it all. We had a quiet holiday this time, with just a couple of boat trips to break up the beach/pool thing. Tobago itself is a really nice place to be if you want a laid back time. The most energetic thing we did was snorkelling and if you like to snorkel or dive it's perfect. All together a fabulous holiday and I can't want to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We stayed at the palms for our wedding weekend from October 9th-12th 2010. We booked four of the five villas on the property which was more than enough space for our 24 guests. No one else had rented the fifth villa and we had the entire compound for our family.

The best part was being able t allow the children the roam the gated grounds freely and they really enjoyed going from pool to pool. Our wedding had locals as well as foreigners and the staff at the Palms made everyone feel welcome. Sue-Ann helped me throughout the entire process for over a year. She accepted many a hysterical phone call from Canada and was extremely reassuring. Once we arrived Karen took care of my entire family like they were her own family.

Everyone is already trying to plan to return as a group again next year. I couldn't recommend this place more. As a couple or a large group you'll have an incredible time.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 11 March 2010

If you want a laid back, relaxed holiday this is as good as it gets. The staff were friendly and attentive and seem to have complete knowledge of the island as you would expect.

The villas are beautifully designed and built, they are also very well kept. The rooms are large, uncluttered and fully air conditioned which gave us some restbite from the non- stop sun that we experienced. All rooms have large ensuites attached.

Although Tobago hadn't seen rain in a month, the large grounds and shrubbery looked in surprisingly good condition.

The compound is very secure with electric gates and night time security. Not sure why though as we didn't see the slightest hint of any trouble during our stay and we felt very safe where ever we were on the island.

As for Tobago, well it's a beautiful place and the people are very friendly, it's fairly developed but not overly so as to ruin it's charm like some other Caribbean islands. There's lots to do but also lots not to do if that's your thing.

We stayed at the Palms after a recommendation from a friend who visited last year, at first the villas looked pricey but after we got four people together for a diving holiday then they actually worked out cheaper than a decent hotel but we had all the privacy and comforts that the villas provided as well as our own private pool etc. So we decided to go for a villa holiday for that reason, which was a very good choice on refelection.

No real negative points to report but one slight one is public transport is a bit of a non starter on the island so hiring a car is a must if you want to see the island (without a guide, which I prefer). The Palms sorted this for us and the prices were fairly reasonable.

Our stay at the Palms was what the Caribbean used to be like. Development has ruined other islands in the past few decades for the traveller, I hope Tobago doesn't follw suit.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I don't really ever do reviews and recommendations but after two weeks at The Palms Villa Resort, I feel compelled to do so.

The villas have been beautifully designed, are secluded, relaxing, clean, have fantastic views and furnished to a very high standard. There are french doors to every room so a real case of bringing the outdoors in.

The team at The Palms are very attentive but no so much that it derives from your privacy. You arrive to a fridge stocked with all the basics to set you up and the all important local beer, Carib. You can never have too much Carib!

There are fluffy pool towels supplied, your own pool to do the promised 100 laps a day (yeah ok I failed after day two ... too relaxed you know), a selection of books and magazines to read. The villas have a plentiful supply of CDs and movies, with more available if so required.

David Byrne and his team at The Palms can arrange boat trips, deep sea fishing, the best diving, great guides for the rainforest and excellent recommendations for beaches, days out and restaurants (and bless them, they'll even book your reservations for you too).

The Palms don't disappoint and I would highly recommend.

Carl

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank CarlBrooker
Northampton
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I love Tobago, what a relexed, fantastic taste of the Caribean. I choose to stay at the Palms as one of my friends had stayed there the year previous to my trip and said it was the perfect way to spend 2 weeks. On arriving at the villa's we was treated perfectly by David, Sue - Ann and Karen. The resort was even more beautiful that the web site had shown. It was clean, beautifully decorated and there was everything there that you could possibly ever need on a 2 week holiday. My family enjoyed spending time in the villa, had great fun by day by the pool and relaxing evenings on the veranda with the BBq and plenty of Carib, the local brew. The Island itself was delightful, friendly and very safe. If you have the chance to spend time at the Palms resort you really must as myself and my family had the best of times. Thank you to the resort staff for their friendly, helpful attitudes. 10 out of 10 !!! I could not have wished for a better holiday.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank RachelNorthampton
trinidad
Reviewed 13 February 2009

I got married in september 08 and chose the Palms because they catered for the whole affair and could handle 165 and more people. The villas are beautiful and very well kept, we had 6 tents all decorated with bourganvilla and steven dolly of colours restaurant gave us great local food with a twist.
Well, a great time was had by all and I will visit them again a very relaxing time and the staff are more like my friends now.

• Liked — the beautiful villas and staff
  • Disliked — nothing much
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
South East, UK
Reviewed 22 April 2008

Although I have visited Tobago 3 times in the last 5 years, this was the first time the kids had come along. Tobago is one of the safest places I've visited, but like anywhere it wise to take precautions against petty theft – we had no issue, the people of Tobago are warm, welcoming and some of the nicest people we have met.

As we searched for a comfortable, secure location, the obvious candidates were considered - Hilton, Coca Reef and the Lowland Plantation Villas (on the Hilton development).

Coca Reef is beautiful but extremely expensive - particularly when there is a family of six to accommodate. The Hilton (I’ve stay previously) is now in a very poor state of repair. Although we enjoyed breakfast there a couple of days (expensive but great breakfast), I would never stay there again. It is secure, but I'd avoid it at all cost. We also looked at Lowland plantation villas, they are lovely, but availability was an issue in April 08. I then stumbled upon the Palm Villas Report in Signal Hill. Five luxury villas sat in 10 acre development surrounded by beautiful forest – a totally secure gated compound.

Not cheap at £1700 per week, but it does include car hire, each villa has 3 bedrooms (one master bedroom (one double bed) and two upstairs rooms each with TWO double beds.

We stayed in Tranquility House and it was perfect. Totally private, very comfortable, private pool (kids often in the pool at 10 and 11pm), very clean, air con bedrooms, great kitchen (incl laundry) Wi-Fi (it was slow!) TV (all US channels, although we did watch Man U v. Arsenal live on ESPN), DVD’s, games for the evenings, great daily housekeeping staff, close by stores and all within a 10 minutes drive of stunning beaches. If you’re considering this as an option, don’t hesitate.

All of the staff we responsive, very friendly and the owner of the development popped over from time to time to make sure all was well (an English chap). There was no lengthy itinerary to go through on arrival and departure and they also had a very relaxed attitude to check out (Although this depends on whether anyone is staying in the villa immediately after you – we got lucky)

BTW you may find that you share the villa with the odd gecko (totally harmless and good amusement for the kids) and lot of hummingbirds that come to the feeder each day.

All in all, a great base for yet another wonderful TOBAGO experience.

• Liked — it was in TOBAGO!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank DPR01
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
The Villas at Stonehaven
The Villas at Stonehaven
#2 of 3 in Black Rock

Been to The Palms Villa Resort? Share your experiences!