We travelled to the Thracian Cliffs from Veliko Turnovo - we could not believe it would take 5 hours as suggested on our suggested route from Michelin - we already knew the route to Varna, which was very easy driving, but somehow if did take nearly five hours - the last few miles from Varna seemed to take ages, so would definitely fly direct to Varna next time.
I am not a golfer, and have never been tempted to become one - but I did envy the golfers out on the greens at this hotel, what fantastic views they must have had.
We had a one bedroom apartment, very comfortable and very spacious. The kitchen was well equipped, and if we had stayed for more than one night I might have been tempted to cook, or at least make breakfast. There is a supermarket on site for basic groceries. Wish I had taken some coffee to make use of the brand new coffee maker.
There was a washing machine too!
It was the delicious food that was the high point for me - probably the best meal we have had in Bulgaria, probably the most expensive too, but worth it, very friendly staff in the restaurant. My husband would love to go back with some golfing friends for a long weekend, I would be quite envious if I did not get to go back with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The much-lauded Gary Player designed Signature Golf Course Thracian Cliffs is one of the most dramatic golf courses on earth. Framed by rugged coastal cliffs and the vast blue of the Black Sea, which can be viewed from each and every hole, it has also been called the "Pebble Beach of Europe". You will feel as comfortable as at home, in the spirit of famous Bulgarian hospitality. In this luxury high class resort you can spend your vacation in many ways - face the challenge of the golf course, enjoy the sun on the beach, relax and revive at the Spa.LUXURY ACCOMMODATION - CULINARY DELIGHTS - SPECTACULAR GOLF - AMAZING PRIVATE BEACHES - THRACIAN SPA & FITNESS - SMART BODY CHANGE CAMP (HYPOXI TRAINING & AESTHETIC DERMATOLOGY) - AND MUCH MORE.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Thracian Cliffs Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thracian Cliffs Golf & Beach Hotel Kavarna
- Thracian Cliffs Golf And Beach Resort
- Thracian Cliffs Golf & Beach Resort Bulgaria/Kavarna