This place is very nice, but there are just little things that are lacking which could make this place so much better and I will tell you exactly how we saw it. This is just a golf resort, so don't expect a plush 5 star hotel with a grand reception, marble trimmings or numerous bars.
Reception: Doubles up with the pro shop.
Rooms: Suites are very nice with balcony and furniture. Kitchen area with dishwasher, fridge, washing machine, coffee maker, toaster, oven and cooker. Marina Village suites are closer to the reception, pro shop, restaurant and spa. Hillside suites are just that bit further away.
Restaurant: Food and staff is good. Found out from another guest you can order omellettes, poached eggs and eggs benedict at breakfast - we weren't told about this.
Spa: Very nice and has a gym. Treatments and massages excellent value. Jacuzzi (fits 3) and small steam room. Staff excellent.
Golf Course: Superb, fantastic views - holes 6 and 7 in particular are a treat to play.
Just a few niggles, there is an Aldo supermarket on site but this closed for the season 3 days in to our holiday without any notice. There are supposedly other shops but they weren't open and looked derelict. Majority of the staff are very good, just had a problem with the atitude and manner of a couple male members of staff on daytime reception and in the pro shop which I won't go into, but if the management of Thracian Cliffs are reading this and want feed back, then I will, whereas, the female staff were great and very helpful. There is a shuttle service to ferry you around the resort, when and if it turns up, we gave up waiting a number of times . Unless you have a car the resort is quite isolated and if it rains, which it did, there are no other activities to turn to ie: games room, pool/snooker table, indoor swimming pool etc. Oh, one more thing and it's probably just me, but you get 2 single and very thin duvets on the double beds.
There is serious potential here and is a great place to play golf but when the world matchplay moves on to it's next venue, this place will need to do a bit to get people to come back as slight issues need to be addressed and they need to start on it now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The much-lauded Gary Player designed Signature Golf Course Thracian Cliffs is one of the most dramatic golf courses on earth. Framed by rugged coastal cliffs and the vast blue of the Black Sea, which can be viewed from each and every hole, it has also been called the "Pebble Beach of Europe". You will feel as comfortable as at home, in the spirit of famous Bulgarian hospitality. In this luxury high class resort you can spend your vacation in many ways - face the challenge of the golf course, enjoy the sun on the beach, relax and revive at the Spa.LUXURY ACCOMMODATION - CULINARY DELIGHTS - SPECTACULAR GOLF - AMAZING PRIVATE BEACHES - THRACIAN SPA & FITNESS - SMART BODY CHANGE CAMP (HYPOXI TRAINING & AESTHETIC DERMATOLOGY) - AND MUCH MORE.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Thracian Cliffs Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thracian Cliffs Golf & Beach Hotel Kavarna
- Thracian Cliffs Golf And Beach Resort
- Thracian Cliffs Golf & Beach Resort Bulgaria/Kavarna