“nice little place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had heard mixed reviews about the food before i went but wanted to try it anyway. I got the pizza which was nice an tasty but very very thin crust an far too much cheese! ( prefer my local takeaway tbh) my husband got the mega rack of ribs which could of done with being cut up and presented a bit nicer instead of two big lumps of meat on the plate he found it hard to cut them as they were very hot!, but he said they were nice. By far the nicest was the red Thai curry that tasted gorgeous! I would perhaps go back for a curry if I was out that way. They do a thai night which sounds really nice! Puddings were OK nothing special! Keith is a very pleasant man always checking if you were ok . overall a nice little cafe.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely staff and service and amazing food! We all ordered, ribs pizza, salad and chips to pick at all together. The fullest I have ever been as it was far too good to leave !! Would certainly recommended and will be visiting again shorty!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

It may not be a hussle and bustle contempory new restaurant, but what the large room lacks in atmosphere it makes up for in quality food. This is a spotless clean venue, plenty room for family or party Sunday lunch meets, scrumtious evening menu, lovely to stop midday for a scone and cream after a visit to the garden centre too. I have visited several times, and am lucky enough to live close enough by to benefit from the take away pizzas from the woodoven. Which is fabulous when you live in the sticks and a drive to the nearest town for pizza would be a drag. When the food is this good we'll always go back Mr Singleton.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Called in for a light lunch we both had small soup and half a sandwich, glad we went for the small soups as I don't think we would have managed any larger. My husband had veg soup and cheese sandwich, I had leek and potato soup and home cooked ham sandwich, both were delicious. I even had a glass of Pinot!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

my husband and myself went for a meal there tonight through a friends recommendation and we wer not disappointed , we did think it was a pub we wer going to but when we went in it was a large room with dining tables in and a bar it was spotlessly clean. We ordered garlic mushrooms in a cream sauce n garlic bread and it was in a dish and was full with 3 pieces of garlic bread, my husband and i ordered 16oz rump steaks mine was medium to well cooked ( no blood on my plate ) and my husbands was medium rare , our plates arrived with the steaks on , side salad, homemade onion rings grilled tomato n mushrooms and a dish of home made chips each . Both our steaks wer done to perfection as we liked them cooked after a couple of minutes the waitress came and apologised to us and said we only had the smaller steaks (£11.95) not the large ones (£16.95) and did we want the extra steak or charged for the smaller ones mine was plenty big enough and my husband asked for more steak so he got another big bit of steak . We wer both too full to have a sweet but had a irish coffee and a latte. There was back ground music on the only down fall was there was only 4 more customers in eating an the couple who owned it having a meal but the service was excellent and we are certainly going back and will recommend it to people .