“Just ok”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Egremont, United Kingdom
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Came here for our anniversary. Food very mediocre. I got a tikka masala, which was very salty and my husband got the chicken tikka balti, which he really enjoyed. Garlic naan bread was rubbish with hardly any garlic. Staff very friendly, but won't be returning any time soon.

Visited February 2014

Cumbria
“New(ish) staff, same good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spice land is a very nice and comfortable small restaurant. It is a shame that you never see it really busy, although takeaways seem to be the mainstay.

Visited March 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“OK food, a bit run down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I worked nearby to Egremont in July and I felt like getting an Indian Takeaway one Friday night. A person at work recommended it and I didn't want to drive too far away.
When I got there I was surprised how run down it was. It was pretty dark inside even though it was 7pm summer time and was very quiet. However it is the only place I have been to in my entire where the customers, rather than the staff, have put you off. There was a couple there that told me that there were dead flies in some of the wall lamps, food was poor and so was the service (which doesn't explain why they were there). Staff seemed friendly enough and food was actually pretty good.
It's good if you want a takeaway, but it isn't as good as Spice Club up in Cockermouth

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food shame the place looks unclean!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

My take away from here was lovely grate sized pieces of chicken in the curry, very fast and friendly service, but my only negative is the look of the restaurant when your waiting for your food it put me off slightly from eating food from here as if that's what the bit you can see looks like god knows how clean the bits you can't see are! It is in desperate needs of an overhaul it looks like a bit of a dirty old store room with random fridges and boxes in defiantly needs a clean fresh look I don't think I would go there to eat in, it's such a small room it would take very little to clean it up and make it look fresh!

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

On the high street. Nice food and lovely service. The staff helped me to decide what I wanted as I fancied something different to my generic chicken korma. What I had was amazing and I would order it again, hopefully it will be the same at other places! The name of the curry escapes me I do apologise!

• Visited September 2013