“No Compassion And Beware If You Have To Cancel”
Review of Bank House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oakamoor
Bank House
Ranked #5 of 5 Oakamoor B&B and Inns
England
“No Compassion And Beware If You Have To Cancel”
Reviewed 25 September 2008

I booked this hotel after my favourite hotel was fully booked. I paid the £32.50 non refundable deposit which is fair enough. The night before my stay my father was taken into hospital so I had to look after my Granddad who has cancer and is in his last days of life. The morning of my stay I called the hotel and asked if I could re-book for the following month and I was happy to lose my deposit which was only fair. I was then told in no uncertain circumstances that they would be charging the full room price even though I was not staying there and had the cheek to ask me if I wanted to pay another deposit for the next time as well!! I believe the owners were very unreasonable and had no compassion at all. Therefore I would never book with this hotel again and I would not recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to be stabbed in the back while they are down. I understand their policy but to be so callus was just horrific. when I explained this to them in an email they just basically sent me one back saying "why should we lose out" that doesn't sound homely and friendly to me !

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank busybee710

Couples
Solo
Business
UK
Reviewed 31 August 2006

At first sight the B&B looked warm and homely - the parking was a bit tricky due to the main road.
We were welcomed warmly and showed to our room. The attached resturant is currently not open due to lack of staff but the owner did recommend lots in the area.
Our room was nice enough - the shower did leak and by the smell it has leaked under the Lino but this was fixed by using the towels to soak up the water on the floor and then we left the light on so that the fan ould clear the smell.
The breakfast choice was good and reasonably generous portions, and was served in what would be the resturant.
Our main issue with this B&B is that after checking out I received a very aggressive telephone call about the fact that my young son had wet the bed and they were charging me £110 to replace it and if i did not pay there and then I would be taken to court. considering I was charged £30 per person per night and no damage policy was laid out I was very upset (particulary about the threating tone of the phone call!) Overall the place was nice but certainly not worth the original cost (let alone the damages!) I would only recommend that people go here if everywhere else near Alton towers is fully booked and you are desperate.
I would like to have been warned about any damage policy before hand.

• Liked — Close to Theme Park and other areas
  • Disliked — Threating manner of owner
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you check out what is classed as damage