We booked Ocean Blue from the amazing photos on the Internet.....well what a disappointment! It was so far away from anything and old and dilapidated. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived - which was hard to believe as the occupancy was about 4 and the villas outnumbered 100 at least! We were taken to the 'restaurant' which was a huge barn with no atmosphere and no customers. I asked for a cocktail at lunch time & was informed that the bar tender had gone home. I asked for sparkling mineral water - 'sorry madam we ran out'. I ended up with iced tea - yuk! Lunch was ok but not spectacular. We were taken to,our room, which upon initial visual presentation, looked great.....but did not take long to see the flaws.....For a 4-5star resort there was definitely NO amenities - no bathroom amenities eg no shower cap, bath gel, shaving things, sanitary bags and I couldn't figure out what was worse - the stench of sewerage or the stench of the moth balls on top of the drain in the toilet to disguise the stench of the sewerage!!
There was no mini bar (as advertised) no flat screen TV (as advertised). The room was dirty with light fixtures taped up with gaffa tape. The sheets were old and thread-bare with holes in them. The towels were old, grey and shabby. The stench of sewerage prevailed outside the villa. We could not spend much time in our private pool because of,this along with the ring of mould around the water-line of the pool.....but it gets better! During the first night I was awoken by a tapping noise.....it turned out that we were sharing our $300US a night villa with A BALINESE RAT!!!! It ate the crackers we had to buy in order to at least get some food in this terrible place!!! We could not get out of there quick enough!! We were charged $300US for cancellation fee. There was not one operational bar in the whole resort. The only alcoholic beverage available to us was Bintang. When I asked for a Piña Colada the lovely waitress scuttled off only returning moments later to inform me 'very sorry madam, but we have no coconut milk'. For gods sake - its a tropical island!! How can you not have coconut milk????
There was no compendium in the room telling us of the amenities in the resort - probably because there was no amenities!! The gym was a dilapidated old unused building with ceiling panels hanging down, filthy windows and overgrown grass. In all, apart from the very nice staff, a completely horrible disastrous time - especially since it was my birthday. Would NEVER recommend this place - avoid it at ALL costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Blue Hotel Bali is a collection of stylishly appointed villas that create a small community in a design that combines traditional Balinese architecture with modern home comforts and conveniences. We are located next to the exclusive resort complex of Nusa Dua. Each villa features a private pool and bale set within a generous garden environment, separate living room, elegant bedroom with canopied bed, state-of-the-art bathroom with jacuzzi and personalized services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Blue Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Bali Hotel Benoa
- Ocean Blue Bali Tanjung Benoa