“Extra class hideaway”

Ocean Blue Bali
Germany
“Extra class hideaway”
Reviewed 6 January 2009

The Ocean Blue Hotel Bali is the perfect Location for these ones who want to enjoy a few days in a very private a luxurious place in the middle of exotic Bali. The staff and the services are friendly and broad and the villas are the perfect place to experience a rather private hideaway – not only for honeymooners. We stayed here after two weeks of travelling Indonesia and found here the relaxation and the comfort to perfect our trip.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 13 December 2008

Short Version:
Gorgeous vista; Impeccable service; Incredibly friendly staff and management alike; Good restaurant food; Peaceful and private.

Long Version:
So if you don't like or are indifferent to having a villa right on the beach, or if you actually want privacy and serenity, this place is perfect. The grounds are gorgeous and continually manicured. The staff, including the gardeners, never missed an opportunity to greet me, semi-ceremoniously. I never before or after this trip felt like everyone was truly concerned about providing the best experience for me. The rooms and grounds were the cleanest I've seen. At 3am, the chef was glad to make anything to order (After a long trip, I really just felt like a burger and fries). The golf carts came at a moment's notice to take me to or from the main lobby.
What I may have liked most of all was the aesthetic: The design of the place was somehow modern, yet naturally occurring in the surroundings. The pool was not really swimmable, but a good size and I loved that I could not be seen from any direction in my private garden, yet the view of the ocean from atop the hill was very serene. I did a little yoga, then rolled into the pool each morning. The rooms were also very large, maybe 200sq.ft.+ for the bedroom and the entire villa was probably 1200sq.ft (felt a bit lost, adjusting from my 700sq ft apt in mid-town and the usual 200sq ft hotel room. I stayed in a one-bedroom villa. The bathroom was great, from the roses in the jacuzzi upon arrival to the modern bidet and multi-angle/massaging shower apparatus.

Also, the in-room, and in-cabana massages were great. My first masseuse was the best and her name escapes me now, but if I remember, I’ll post it. The beds you sleep in are massage beds, which makes them perfect for in-room massages. The incidentals in the room were very thoughtful. And I was able to actually get a little work done and sent to the office from my room. I’m definitely going to go back (once I can find the time).

To be sure, I followed this business trip with a personal one to Kauai two weeks later. Kauai is the most naturally beautiful place I have ever seen, although I didn’t have time to really explore Bali outside of the resort for a full apples-to-apples comparison. Overall, my experience at this resort supercedes my Kauai experience and all other beach stays that I had before or after, including the USVI, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Rico, Oahu, Cotes d’Azure, and others.

I took photos of the room, but forgot/got lazy when I went around the towns. I ate (and gazed) at KU DE TA, which is an absolute must. Try the fried strawberry ice cream in brioche. Wow!

• Liked — The aesthetic, the service, the privacy, the pool.
  • Disliked — Business services can be a bit better, but I have that complaint about the vast majority of hotels.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank ONYC
Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2008

Our travel agent recommends Ocean Blue Hotel Bali because we want to try something different in our stay. This is the third times I came to Bali with my wife. This hotel concept is a private villa. The villa itself is luxurious with spacious garden and private pool, perfect for family or honeymooners. You will find nothing around the hotels area because this hotel located secluded in the hill of Nusa Dua Peninsula. However, from the guest directory it seems that they have many guest activities program from entertainments, biking to yoga. They also has a private beach club located in Nusa Dua resorts area, if you want to go there you can use their free shuttle based on schedule. But we just use the shuttle only for going to the shopping centers because for the beach and other destination, attraction and activities, we already have our travel agent's package. The Italian foods are delicious but you also can find western, Indonesian, Korean, and Japanese menu as well. The Divya Spa is excellent. The hut-like treatment room is quite narrow but the services and treatments are fabulous. At the time of our stay the rest of property is under construction and for its ocean view and landscape concept I believe this hotel will be excellent. If you want something different then this is an absolute must.

• Liked — spacious and luxury private space
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Ayodya Resort Bali
#17 of 53 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,423 reviews
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Been to Ocean Blue Bali? Share your experiences!