“Modern hotel stay”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Singapore, Singapore
“Modern hotel stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Before I stayed at this Hotel, I have reviewed most of the comments at Tripadvisor for this hotel, the good and not so good comments. However, I wanted a new modern hotel to stay and with my Accor card membership offering me a very good member's price, I decided to stay at iBlis Styles Bali Benoa for 4 days with my family. I booked 2 connecting rooms.

When I reached the hotel, I just realized that I forgotten to bring my Accor card. Thinking that I would have difficulty checking in, the reservation staff was very helpful and the check-in was a breeze, it also helps that I have printed my reservation form with me which assisted with the process.

The rooms was nice, clean and quite spacious for an iblis Hotel. We had the room facing the sea, although there is a new hotel being built overlooking the balcony, nevertheless, we did not experienced any loud noise except for some traffic near the road which was manageable. If you do not like even some noise at all, please request for the room overlooking the pool.

Breakfast was quite okay not that fantastic, what was notable was that the egg queue is now shorten. The Chef was there to ensure that each person was only allowed to have one plate of eggs, you may queue again for additional eggs. The hotel management must have read the earlier comments on the long queue for eggs i.e. each person asking for 4 to 5 eggs, hence holding the queue, and improved on this. In order to have a better serving for breakfast, the hotel may add additional menus like pancakes, bread pudding and even soup like cream of mushroom, etc

There is a shopping area nearby, Bali Collections with good Italian and Japanese Restaurants and a decent supermarket.

My likes:-
Rooms : The rooms are clean, spacious, modern and every appliance in the room works
Staff : Very friendly, young, polite and responsive
Wifi : working fine at reasonable speed
Swimming pool : Very nice and clean swimming pool.
Spa : The staff was very professional and good, you get a discount depending on the package
Restaurant : open concept, breezy and modern
Shopping : Bali Collections for Italian and Japanese restaurants with a decent size supermarket, there are also a few mini marts (within walking distance) nearby the hotel
Management : open for comments and willing to improve guest's hotel stay, I was even encouraged to give my views on Tripadvisor. I hope management would consider my comments to improve on the hotel's guest stay.

My dislikes:
Breakfast : lack of variety of food, although the food was quite nice, replenishment of foods frequency was not too bad based on previous comments, I noted the Chef was always on at the look out to replenish food.
BBQ : Every Friday night, there is a seafood BBQ buffet for guest at the restaurant at discounted price compared to Jimbaran Bay cut throat rate, we were informed too late to try the BBQ as we made earlier plans for a sunset dinner at Jimbaran Bay. Perhaps, management should inform guest earlier especially for those staying during Friday nights of the BBQ promotions. Promotions can be via e-mail to guests.
Beach : the area is still under development, lots of construction activities, will be a nice beach once construction is complete. Please do not expect the beach to be the same as Kuta Beach.
Sea sports : need to have more promotions

Room Tip: If you do not like even some noise at all, please request for the room overlooking the pool.
1 Thank Hydro88
Nyoman W, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Bali.
We do appreciate your time taken to share your constructive feedback.

It was a pleasure to know that you are satisfied with the check in process, clean & modern room, staff performance, WiFi connection, swimming pool, Spa quality, breezy restaurant, shopping area distance and management response.

You have noticed that we are improving on queuing system at eggs counter during breakfast time. In regards to food variety, please rest assured that our F&B team is currently working on menu implementation to serve you better.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Firstly, I would like to thank the reservation team for their great assistance in helping me secure a room at the very last minute (2 days prior to arrival) when all the rooms on the travel websites and accor hotels website had indicated they were fully booked on the days I'm looking at.

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days to attend an event. The hotel is located at Nusa Dua which ain't the most happening place like Kuta where all the shopping and food are. It's pretty much at the outskirts. The Nusa Dua beach was quite a disappointment with dirty water, sand and excavating works going on.

As for the hotel rooms, they are using tile/cemented flooring. In combination with poor sound proof, this means that whenever someone staying above you starts dragging the furniture or luggage, the noise is going to be very deafening. Thus, if you are a light sleeper like me, be prepared that your sleep quality will be very much affected. Room cleanliness wise is very good and the pool at the hotel was excellent.

The breakfast at the hotel was quite bad! Among the Accor hotel group that I've stayed with, this is probably the worst stay that I've had. There is very limited variety and the food are not replenished fast enough.

One more thing to note when you're waiting at the hotel lobby - please make sure you use your mosquitoes repellent! Just a 15 minutes wait at the lobby, I've have gotten more than 10 mosquitoes' bites.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Nyoman W, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
We appreciate your concern, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention.

We are delighted to hear that you are satisfied with our Reservation service assistance, room cleanliness and swimming pool facility.

Nusa Dua area is more laid back compare to Kuta area. Tanjung Benoa is one of favorite tourist places and destination in Bali and popular with water sports activities.
Currently there are some development by local government to improve the area.

It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our breakfast, please accept our sincere apologies for this unfortunate experience.

Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concerns that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder in servicing our future guest.
We hope this experience does not impair your trust in ibis Styles Bali Benoa and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

When I booked this hotel room, I thought this hotel located in front of the beach,
but I found out that I was wrong. If this is the case, I can find another Ibis that is cheaper by 40% than this hotel. In my opinion, the price is quite expensive.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Nyoman W, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are not a beachfront hotel, however we have private Beach Club that is accessible within 10 minutes walking distance.

ibis Styles hotels have different concepts compare to ibis hotels, we are individually designed hotels offering excellent value and all-inclusive prices.
A lot of value added in the price: all-you-can-eat breakfast, unlimited WiFi access, free flow coffee and tea at lobby lounge, and many more.

We ask for your kind understanding and assure you that your feedback have been of value to us.
Sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in ibis Styles Bali Benoa. In the meantime, we remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Staffs were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and quiet at night. If you want a room that is quiet and near the pool, choose room 1208.

One negative was the breakfast buffet - The egg counter queue can be rather long and the waiting time can be as long as 30 mins as some unconsiderate guests can be asking for 4 to 5 eggs.There should be a limit to the no. of eggs(2 perhaps) that each guest can ask for.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Nyoman W, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
We would like to thank you for choosing ibis Styles Bali Benoa as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Bali.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel.
We also read that you are aware of room cleanliness and the serene atmosphere.
It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience at egg station during breakfast time.
Rest assured that we have taken serious note of your comments and we will rectify this issue to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

We thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to having you back with us at ibis Styles Bali Benoa.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have stayed in many Ibis hotels across the world. My first surprise as I entered my room was the size of the room. This was much bigger and much more comfortable than any of the Ibis that I have stayed so far. It is even bigger than many Mercure hotels. From all points of view the hotel was very comfortable. There is only one small paroblem. There was some defect in the design of bathing tub. If one wants to take a shower, in spite of curtain, the water would flow from the other side of the tub to the bath room floor making it totally wet

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Nyoman W, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are so pleased to hear that you feel very comfortable during your stay with us and satisfied with our room size and features.

Your concern on bath tub is highly appreciated and we will look for the best solution on this matter to provide a total comfort to our guests.

Orchard Road, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I booked 3 rooms on April 5, for staying on Jun 6-9. 1 week before arrival , they asking me to move on Jun 8-9 with reason maintenance Air Conditioner.
After checked on June 8 evening , my room was stayed by another group.
I left my Accor advantage card in electric tag, but housekeeping said they didn't see it, seem so impossible when they enter the room without turn on electricity.
Beware of this hotel, those things can be happen on you.
Location is good but breakfast is so bad.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Nyoman W, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the problems you have encountered during your recent stay with us.

It is with much regret we read about the unfortunate circumstances of your recent stay at our hotel.
Your remark has been carefully noted and a separate e-mail has been sent to you in order to rectify the problems.
We can assure you that the necessary steps have been taken to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

Sincerely hope this experience does not impair your trust in ibis Styles Bali Benoa and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I have just spent a week at the Ibis Styles Benoa ,we found the room comfortable and clean. What most impressed us was the delightful staff always helpful and friendly. This certainly made our stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor overlooking the pool this position was quiet from traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Nyoman W, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
We are grateful to you for informing us about your pleasant stay with us.

It was such a delight to read positive feedback from you especially in regards to our staff hospitality. We are so excited to share your positive feedback to our staff for them to maintain the good service.

We thank you for your continued support and hope you will give us the opportunity to provide another pleasant experience at ibis Styles Bali Benoa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
#33 of 53 in Nusa Dua
Kuta Angel Hotel
Kuta Angel Hotel
#69 of 251 in Kuta

Been to Ibis Styles Bali Benoa? Share your experiences!