We had been looking forward to this trip to Bali for sometime and it was really exciting when we finally reached. But to our dismay no sooner did we check in did we find out that our air conditioner wasnt working in the room. We called engineering only to have someone come in , figgit around and then say they were going to check outside.Don't think it was really their fault because it seemed that everything in the hotel was falling apart.Our door latch didnot lock and we had to wrestle with it each time we wanted to close the door,Housekeeping was apallingly bad with nothing ever replaced so if you wanted face tissue you would just have to go looking for someone to tell them to place it in the room and maybe they would forget again.Even the toiletries even if empty were never replaced.I left a glass on the balcony one night while sitting out and was amazed to see that after 4 days of housekeeping it was still there in the exact same spot and hadnt been cleared.At breakfast if you asked for a cup of coffee dont think any of the wait staff had ever been trained to ask with milk or without because they would simply get your cup brimming to the top and then if you told them you wanted milk they would drain it to less than half and give you a half empty cup with you wondering what in the world could you do with that.Finally you would just get up and go get yourself a cup. The bathrooms stank when you went in for a shower.Maybe they were using recycled water but it isnt supposed to smell like a drain everytime you go in for a bath.And the flowers in the corridors were changed i thnk only once they had practically died on display. I mean don't place flowers if you cannot replenish them before they start to look truly depressing. It was just an overall lack of attention to detail which you could see in every area of the hotel. On a more positive note the restaurant food was nice and the staff really sweet. Specially the guards on duty who help you cross the road each time you want to go from the main lobby to your rooms. Front office staff were really pleasant to deal with as well. They had some fabolous spa masseuses but trying to get an appointment a bit tedious given that even with the entire spaces vacant the lady who took the appointments could not seem to figure out slot availability.But nonthless a great spa for sure.
Oddly another incident that sticks out during our stay is the night the fire alarm went off , apparently by accident but suprisingly none of us were informed.So we woke up with the alarm going off twice and then lay there wondering do we evacuate or should we go outside to find out whats happening because obviously it seemed to have quitened out and the hotel didnt inform us about any emergency
Anyway so as you can see not a hotel that i would reccomend to anyone looking for a five star experience in Bali .The upkeep was just not five star upkeep and mind you when i say this i have seen and stayed in a lot of old hotels which were fabolously maintained and just the housekeeping combined with extraordinary service levels would make you want to go back.On the contrary in this hotel the public spaces were pretty, they had some good staff but just the lack luster service levels and poor upkeep were enough to dampen that cheery holiday spirit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Benoa Bali is located at the edge of Nusa Dua, overlooking the golden sands of Tanjung Benoa beach. The resort has been created using traditional Balinese architecture which provides a unique atmosphere set within luscious tropical gardens.The hotel has 179 rooms each with a coconut wood interior design and either a balcony or a garden. There are 8 villas designed in a magnificent tropical style, each with a private swimming pool, an open-air living room, a bathroom with a whirlpool and a rain shower, an espresso machine and a spacious dressing room. Moreover, the luxurious 2-bedroom beachfront villa has all of the above facilities as well as an amazing view overlooking the ocean.The resort offers a variety of dining options including a daily theme buffet dinner, a beach restaurant, a pool restaurant and 3 relaxing bars. A daily entertainment program is provided all day through until the evening. Activities are available everyday for children at the Kids Club. Sport facilities include 3 swimming pools with 2 whirlpools, a tennis court and a fitness center, beach activities including volleyball. Specially designed indoor and outdoor beachfront "bale" spa for rejuvenating. Water sports are available nearby. A free shuttle bus gives access to Bali Collection shopping center in Nusa Dua. Parking and Wifi in the lobby area are also complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Bali Benoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bali Benoa Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Novotel Hotel Bali Benoa
- Novotel Hotel Tanjungbenoa
- Novotel Nusa Dua
- Novotel Benoa Bali
- Nusa Dua Novotel
- Novotel Bali Benoa Tanjung Benoa