We loved out stay at the Novotel. We had read mixed reviews about the hotel but our expectations were exceeded given the value overall of the hotel. Perhaps people regardless of how much they pay expect 6 star hotels.
My family went, two children (6 yrs and 6 month baby) my sister and her two young children also went as well as my parents.They accommodated all of us to be close together as requested and we were all pleased with our rooms. Rooms were solid and perfect for us as the baby needed a dark room (we had a family room). Despite the occasional hallway noise, the between room noise was non-existent (which was great because we had a crying baby at times). We couldn't hear my sister and her family who were right next to us.
The layout of the resort is good because it covers a lot of ground and with four pools it was never crowded. Kids loved the pools, access to the beach and also the complimentary kids club. The only thing that we felt was lacking was the variety of food, only because we were very hotel bound with the baby on NZ time so a lot of room service was eaten. We did go up the road to the Grand Aston and their menu was a lot more Western (which is terrible I know, we just wanted plain western food other than burgers and grease and Indonesian), we only wished we went up the road earlier on. The street eats in the area are also great, but we were eating at odd hours and as we eat plenty of seafood here at home, seafood menus did not excite us as much as my other family members. But for the average traveler we don't think food would be as much of an issue.
Breakfast was GREAT, a lot of variety, kids were always excited with the choice (but funny they always go for Coco Puffs). Plenty of choice and plenty to fill up on.
Prices were fair (we ordered in excess everyday with cocktails, snacks and room service) and after our whole stay it came out very cheap indeed. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and will always offer great advice on the local area and their transport services are also very fair.
I had a 2 hour spa and although you can go up the road for about 1/4 price I needed to be near by to feed the baby, but it was divine and very professional, I even fell asleep on the massage table. I never wanted to leave.
Other than the food the pools could be cleaner, we thought at first perhaps it was just what water was like there but then the other pools on the other side of the road which were a lot more quiet were crystal clear. They beachside pools could have been a little cleaner and though we saw the staff clean the leaves out every morning, there was a slight film of probably sunscreen on the surface. This was minor though in the overall scheme of things.
If you are wanting an up to date modern Las Vegas style hotel then this place is not for you, there are plenty of other hotels more like this, Bali Benoa is very relaxed, cultured and established, you will feel like you are in a tropical island here with the Balinese styled room, furniture and gardens. I could not faulter the staff, they are very kind and happy. They were wonderful to our kids and would even take the baby for a cuddle and walk while we ate breakfast, gotta love countries that love babies!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Benoa Bali is located at the edge of Nusa Dua, overlooking the golden sands of Tanjung Benoa beach. The resort has been created using traditional Balinese architecture which provides a unique atmosphere set within luscious tropical gardens.The hotel has 179 rooms each with a coconut wood interior design and either a balcony or a garden. There are 8 villas designed in a magnificent tropical style, each with a private swimming pool, an open-air living room, a bathroom with a whirlpool and a rain shower, an espresso machine and a spacious dressing room. Moreover, the luxurious 2-bedroom beachfront villa has all of the above facilities as well as an amazing view overlooking the ocean.The resort offers a variety of dining options including a daily theme buffet dinner, a beach restaurant, a pool restaurant and 3 relaxing bars. A daily entertainment program is provided all day through until the evening. Activities are available everyday for children at the Kids Club. Sport facilities include 3 swimming pools with 2 whirlpools, a tennis court and a fitness center, beach activities including volleyball. Specially designed indoor and outdoor beachfront "bale" spa for rejuvenating. Water sports are available nearby. A free shuttle bus gives access to Bali Collection shopping center in Nusa Dua. Parking and Wifi in the lobby area are also complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel Bali Benoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bali Benoa Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Novotel Hotel Bali Benoa
- Novotel Hotel Tanjungbenoa
- Novotel Nusa Dua
- Novotel Benoa Bali
- Nusa Dua Novotel
- Novotel Bali Benoa Tanjung Benoa