“Relaxing”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Wodonga, Australia
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have been to Bali three times and found this hotel to be the best by far. So very peaceful. The rooms were huge and very private. The resurants offered a good variety of food and was reasonably priced. It was great to be able to go to the compuerts and log in at any time I wished. The grounds were very well maintained. The staff were very friendly. We travelled with another couple and they were thrilled with the resort as well.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the beach side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon G
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Sharon G,
thank you so much for sharing your experiences on your holiday with us. It truly feels good to know you and your friends had a good time and could relax and reenergize in our resort. Thank you for mentioning you found a appropriate price for value ratio :).
Hope to see you again soon, it would be our pleasure to serve you again.
Best regards, Alexander Poindl, General Manager, h1922-gm@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I tried posting this with pictures a few months ago but it never posted, Maybe the pics were too big. So no pics this time.

I came here with my partner for our 5 year Anniversary, back in March/April and I was not impressed. It's a little run down now which is the first thing I noticed, then when we got to our room bedbugs everywhere, under the pillows, in the sheets. We killed them and sprayed, then had the bed changed the next day. The beds are hard, some of the hardest hotel beds I've come across. They do offer a little mattress to place on top but it barely does anything. The food is extremely over priced, we could get take away delivered for half the price. Plus you have to pay a tax% on everything, which I understand, I only hope it goes to the hard workers and not the company. Which is why I like to pay tips person to person.

The wifi is terrible, it almost never worked so we were finding that if we wanted to use internet we'd have to leave the hotel and go elsewhere.

This is more of a family hotel then for couples. Spoilt kids running around screaming in the adult pool with signs stating that it's 16+ unless with an adult. It's also a silent pool. But hey that didn't seem to stop the kids jumping and screaming in it, the entire week we spent here, even on Silent day they had no respect freely running around screaming throwing things at guests. Many guests were getting annoyed and yelling at them, yet at no point did I see the parents, each time it was another guest telling them off. Couldn't even get a drink by the pool bar as kids were doing bombies right next to you. We were finding that we just wanted to leave the hotel the entire time we were there.

There are other hotels near by better suited for couples around the same price. I wouldn't pay for a villa here as I if I wanted one I'd go get my own private place in Ubud, which is more private, beautiful and cheaper and the Novotel prices for Villas are way too high. What you're paying for here are the 3 pools, 2 restaurants and the beach. No good paying for it if you buy a villa.

The one thing that saves this hotel are the very friendly staff, they seem like they genuinely care and want to help you out as much as possible. Though I find that's how people are in Bali, wonderful and very caring.

I guess I'm a little annoyed as you can read from my review but it was our 5 year anniversary and I would have expected a lot more from a Novotel. I've been to better 3 star hotels then this which is meant to be 4.5, and they were 1/4 the price.

1 tip for the staff, why not make the pools in the garden wing only for adults gated off. with signs in, Bahasa, English, German, French, Japanese ect. That way people will have a quiet place to relax without kids constantly running between the bar pool and the silent pool.

Maybe i'll come back here again if I have kids, but never again for a romantic holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are more private and quiet. Garden wing is peaceful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ninja_Cats
Dear Ninja_Cats,
I am sorry to read your very hard and negative review on your stay in March with us. Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not have a good time in our resort.
I may also apologize about the insects in your room and please be assured that this was a singular case, but I fully agree this should not have happened in the first place.
In Indonesia, prices in most restaurants and hotels are stated without tax and service charge. This mandatory 21% is then added to all purchases. Please be assured that the 10% service charge from all revenue is split among all employees on a monthly basis.
With all due respect I do not agree on your opinion on being overprized for food or villas or the hotel overall. Many of our guests value our price for value ratio.
I do not support your suggestion to make a 'gated off area in the Garden Wing for adults only'. I walk through our 'quiet Nirwana pool zone' quite regularly and normally our guests respect the policy and enjoy this area and our team members take care that all our guests can have a relaxing holiday.
Again I am sorry you had not a positive impression, resulting in the rating of our resort as 'terrible'.
Padang, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

overall Novotel Benoa its very good...very clean...service its very good..
just considering about air conditioning at our room 525 was leaking...
parking area was limited too...thanks ..see you soon...regards ...Tonny
Setiawan...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Tonny S
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Pak Tonny,
'Termina Kasih' for your kind review and we are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We immediately followed up checking on the ac in room 525 (thank you for letting us know) and for the parking, this happened as a singular case during Idul Fitri and many rental cars from our local guests. Normally our parking has enough spaces for all our guests :).
Looking forward to welcoming you again and best regards
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at Novotel Bali Benoa and enjoyed fantastic service from unbelievably friendly and accommodating staff. We cannot commend all those who work at the resort enough especially the guest relations clerks and the security personnel. Other highlights of our stay include fantastic food and a private clean beach. We found the hotel 'band' providing evening entertainment to be incredible. The room met expectations and was kept clean each day. A choice of 3 pools was also welcomed. Unfortunately a number of nights were ruined for us by other guests. Loud noise at 12pm and 5 am is unacceptable and needs to be managed by the hotel. We would recommend signs and security reminding other guests to be courteous and to reduce noise levels.

Other users of this hotel to please note prices (taxis / ferries / beers / cocktails) are much cheaper outside of hotel.

Thank you Bali Benoa for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Craig L
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Craig L,
thank you for your review and we are happy to know you enjoyed your stay, our services, the beach and the food. Thank you also for your comments on the noise at night from other guests and please be assured that I will bring this up to my security.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in our resort and best regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Good value hotel for the masses with a good layout around the pools & eating venues & located on the beach. Ideally suited to those with families on a budget, not a place to come and relax. Breakfast at their very good buffet unfortunately resembled a school playground with masses of kids allowed to run around uncontrollably by staff & parents. Staff are friendly enough however distrusting as they checked & double checked every time we signed charge against a room number so unlike other Hotels we stayed at in Bali. We stayed in a villa near the beach which was roomy enough and well catered with all amenities however had seen better days with mould obvious on ceilings and around the bathroom. Door hinges falling off in the wardrobe and free WiFi which was next to useless as it needed resetting each day to return it to acceptable speeds.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear NosfromMarouba,
thank you for your comment and I am sorry to read you could not fully enjoy your holidays. One impact probably had that your stay was during the highest peak season - end of Ramadhan with Idul Fitri holidays and school holidays in Australia and Europe. Please apologize the described issues for example at breakfast but I guess all hotels were facing the same situation in Bali in that week. We try our best to keep our resort still calm and friendly to create a relaxing atmosphere for all our guests. I am really sorry we could not make you feel relaxed in our resort.
Best regards, Alexander Poindl, General Manager, h1922-gm@accor.com
Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
Melia Bali
Melia Bali
#15 of 54 in Nusa Dua

Been to Novotel Bali Benoa? Share your experiences!