“Clean, luxurious, hotel with friendly flexible staff”
Review of Novotel Bali Benoa

Novotel Bali Benoa
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Bloemendaal, The Netherlands
“Clean, luxurious, hotel with friendly flexible staff”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

The hotel is very nice, the staff is flexible and professional (although sometimes a bit slow, especially in the restaurant). The location on the island is not the best, but the amenities are perfect. Various possibilities to relax, swim, enjoy the spa, etc. When I am around, I will go there again. The swimming pools are big and look good and clean, the services from the hotel are well organized and the rooms are quiet and spacious.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
novbenoa, Assistant Marketing Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, 21 August 2009
We were delighted to read your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Bali Benoa and were pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding the slow service in the restaurant, please rest assured that an appropriate training is applied to the staff to improve the quality of services to better meet our guests’ expectations.

We will share your comments with our team. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and we do hope we have the opportunity to host you again when next in Bali.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Fukuyama, Japan
Reviewed 26 June 2009

After reading much of the reviews here on Trip Advisor, I decided on Novotel Benoa Bali and looked upon my trip with much excitment.
However, upon arrival at the hotel, I was given a deluxe room that was facing a hut and a farm. I told the lady at reception that I had read reviews of chicken cuckooing in the early hours of the morning and she said that it was not true.
Well, anyway, I asked for a pool side view room and she said that it was unavailable. I asked if it was correct that I was given the deluxe room as reserved and not the superior room. She said that the hotel was changing all the superior rooms to deluxe rooms and hence, there was no difference.
Anyway, it was her word against mine.
Following that, I asked her about breakfast as I had also booked for breakfast. She said to just make my way down in the morning to the cafe.
After getting to my room, she called up and announced very proudly that I had not included breakfast in my package and that if I wanted to have the buffet breakfast, I would have to pay for it.
This was simply absurb. I had the confirmation letter stating very explicitly that I had made bookings for breakfast too. She insisted that I did not and challenged me to go to the reception area to settle the matter.
I was infuriated. My confirmation letter stated that there WAS breakfast. I charged to the reception area and showed it to her. She, or the hotel, had already made a copy of my confirmation letter. As she was incapable of settling the issue, she got someone else to handle the matter.
After much confrontation, she just said, "It didn't show on the computer", with nary an apology. This totally spoilt the beginning of my holiday.
After this issue was resolved, I proceeded with my activties.
When it was time to sleep, the dogs were barking in the backyard incessantly and in the middle of the night, even before 6am, the chicken were crowing loudly!!!
How could I even get to sleep? I was very sure I saw a review on this and had told her of this matter, which she denied.
I was absolutely frustrated. The next morning, I called up and demanded for a change to the pool side view room, which was much better of course.
I would definitely not stay in Novotel Benoa Bali again. I have stayed in villas in Bali and stayed at numerous Accor accomodation in Singapore, Hongkong, Malaysia and Japan and honestly, nothing beats the kind of service and treatment I was accorded here in Bali.
It was SIMPLY horrendous!!!
Being an Accor member, I am considering cancelling my membership because of such a lack of commitment to details and service as demonstrated here in Novotel Benoa Bali.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
8 Thank KawaiiBoi
We very deep concern regarding your experience with us.

All staff of Novotel Bali Benoa is extremely sorry you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Regarding on providing a pool side view Deluxe room, please be advised that the hotel was running a very high occupancy during the period of your stay, therefore we could not provide a pool side view Deluxe room upon arrival, only in the second stay.

The general attitude of our staff described by you causes us deep concern. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that it may have caused you on your arrival.
This does not in any way reflect the usual service level of Novotel Bali Benoa. Our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer-focus and all guest concerns and requests are handled efficiently and correctly. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address these matters and ensure appropriate training is applied to the staff to increase the standard.

Lakes Entrance Victoria
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We originally booked a superior room for my wife and 14 year old.On arrival the hotel offered an upgrade to a Tropical Terrace for an extra charge of $30 US per night and after seeing the small superior room we opted for the upgrade, to be closer to the beach and have enough room to swing a cat so to speak.The gardens, pool and restaurants are all you expect of a top quality resort. They have a nightly themed buffet dinner in the main restaurant which was probably a little disappointing the night we dined there(Balinese night).We also dined at the restaurant on the beach which was probably the best dining experience of our trip.My tip is dont worry about the extra cost, dine at the resort as the quality is a bit more certain than other establishments outside( I got sick after dining at a restaurant in Jimbaran Bay).The beach is good for swimming however if you decide to walk north along the beach you may soon realise that the stretch of beach in front of the resort is a lot cleaner than the beach further up which is dissappointing that the locals and tourist dont care for the local enviroment and have some pride in where they live and holiday.This is not the ideal location to shop. however there is a free bus put on by one of the local shopping centres at Nusa Dua to get you there, however probably better to grab a taxi to Kuta, where competition demands better prices.One special touch is that the first night of my stay was my birthday and we got a knock on the door just prior to going to dinner, and it was a staff member holding a birthday cake compliments of the resort. It is special touches like these that make your holiday more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank whistleblower42
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Novotel Bali Benoa.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our Tropical Terrace room a pleasant place to enjoy your holiday.

Concerning the Superior room status, we are pleased to inform you that we are renovating superior rooms to be deluxe rooms and all rooms are expected to be completed by the end of 2009 with a fresh design, a fully upgraded bathroom, flat screen LCD television and much more.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the very near future.
London
Reviewed 15 June 2009

If your looking for a reasonably priced, peaceful, relaxing and romantic hotel to celebrate your honeymoon just like we did then I can't recommend the Novotel highly enough.

After consulting Trip Advisor many times we settled on the Novotel in Benoa, just north of Nusa Dua (10-15mins drive). This was our first visit to Bali and arriving late at night we decided to book the Honeymoon package ($110) with the airport pickup/drop off. The drive takes about 30 mins at most from the airport to the hotel. If you want to use a taxi instead, there is a taxi stand on your right when exiting the airport where you can get a Bluebird Taxi (80,000Rp or roughly £5GBP), which we found to be cheap and very safe.

Benoa, where the Hotel is located is a long stretch of beach with various big chain hotels (Conrad, Aston, Mirage) and numerous mini-marts, tourist shops and restaurants. A FREE bus service runs throughout the day which takes tourists to the Bali Collection shopping area in Nusa Dua, just down the road. Here you will find various shops, restaurants, ATMs and a large department store.

If you decide to venture out of the hotel in the evening looking for a bite to eat then The Mini Bar & Grill Restaurant which is maybe a 30 second walk when exiting the hotel is really good. We had a three course meal including two large beers and two glasses of wine for only £18. You should try the satay which comes on a traditional Balinese BBQ or the Lobster surf & turf.

As for the hotel, the three pools are very nice with the two on the island side of the road being very quiet, pretty much every day we got the pool to ourselves as most people went to the beach and the main pool on the beach side of the road. Don't let the sound of the road put you off, as its only a minor road with a crossing guard to help you across and we didn't hear any noise at night. The spa is also very good and well priced; we had a 2 1/2hr treatment for only £30-£40 and a massage in one of the traditional huts overlooking the beach.

The hotel runs various activities throughout the week, with themed buffet nights and shows and beach activities such as football and volleyball, but if you’re just looking to relax then the tropical gardens are a very peaceful place to be.

We booked a tropical garden terrace room, which was very nice. It felt private and was very comfortable with our own garden and outdoor shower. The bathroom was excellent with a large bath and separate shower room. The bed was very comfortable and the TV had plenty of English channels if you ever get bored.

Food & drink was very reasonably priced in the hotel, the buffet dinner was about £10-£12 per person and poolside hotdogs, sandwiches will set you back £5-£6. Drinks were not too expensive either 80,000Rp (£5) gets you a good sized cocktail and if you buy it between 5pm and 7pm you get a second one free.

I hope this review has been helpful and that you enjoy your stay in Bali as much as we both did.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Pinjester
We were very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Novotel Bali Benoa resort.

We have worked exceptionally hard at ensuring that the service and facilities offered at the hotel are first class and I am pleased that you experienced this on your visit.

Thank you again for choosing Novotel Bali Benoa as your hotel of choice for your honeymoon and look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your anniversary.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2009

If you want to recharge your batteries with total relaxation in a beautiful environment with the friendliest staff /management , Novotel Benoa is the ideal destination. The hotel excels in creating a wonderful ambience for relaxation with its well maintained grounds and lovely staff.

The buffet breakfasts are magnificent. So much choice. You will not be disappointed. Well done Jean-Phillippe!!

This hotel is literally "home away from home" for us with having stayed at this hotel 4 times already and looking forward to our return visit next year.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank yeemai
Thank you for your positive review.
We are very pleased to hear we met all of your expectations.

The traditional Balinese architecture which provides a unique atmosphere set within luscious tropical gardens, certainly does give to our guests an amazing ambiance for relaxation.

Your kind words have been passed to Jean Philippe Courturier, our Executive Chef who made your dining experience a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate him to keep up the good work.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Bali.
Bangalore
Reviewed 6 June 2009

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at Novotel Bali Benoa. The hotel is about 45 mins from the airport. We booked on the Accor Super Sale based on the reviews from trip advisor.This was my first trip to bali with my family and the hotel was beyond our expectations.The room was spacious and the hotel has 3 pools and very close on the beach.The breakfast had a good spread and lots of restaurants outside where you get superb sea food. The kids had a whale of a time in the kids club.The hotel organized various cultural programmes in the evening.Overall we were very satisfied with the facilities and would recommnd this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Liked — spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank faryyd
Thank you for your review and comments.

As we are taking things a step further with our “Family & Novotel” label – to enable families to share happy moments together, we provides everything you and your children needs for a fun-filled and carefree stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you and your family to Novotel Bali Benoa in the near future.
Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2009

It was magic from the moment we stepped out of the transport at the lobby! The resort is very very beautiful and we were given a room upgrade that couldn't be matched by any other hotel establishment! The 2 bedroom sea facing villa was incredibly beautiful, comfortable and spacious. Loved the golden sand beach and the SPA! But most of all, its the service that took my breath away. Each and everyone of the staff gave 200% attention to the guest something which I have never come acrossed anywhere I have travelled before. Bali was magical for me because of Novotel Benoa!

Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Esmeralde2008
Thank you for your very kind words and positive review of Novotel Bali Benoa.

We were thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay in Novotel Bali Benoa - right from the arrival through to your departure. We will certainly share your review with all colleagues and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Novotel Bali Benoa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Melia Bali Indonesia
Melia Bali Indonesia
#14 of 53 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,023 reviews

Been to Novotel Bali Benoa? Share your experiences!